Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For a while I have been thinking about altering diet. I usually eat meat regularly, and have eating all walks of life, Snake, rabbit, even deer. Though those are rare occasions. I have been thinking since this year about not eating anymore meat.

I have been thinking no longer eating lamb, mutton, steak, rump, pork, gammon, etc. but eat free range chicken for awhile and then live on a Pescetarian diet for awhile.

I have been looking at coming up with a stable Pescetarian diet, yet other then eating different types of fish, is there any other way to liven up the diet, so it does become cumbersome? I have considered eating shark every now and then since gummy shark is not only a different taste, but also quite economical.

Anyone else on a Pescetarian diet? any suggestions?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am a pescetarian and you will soon learn to live without meat. Eating fish is not only healthier, but is a great substitute for meat. The best way to liven up the diet is to try different fish, like you say, shark. Also, trying different types of fruit and vegetables that you haven't tried before will make it more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I take it pescetarian is a vegetarian who eats fish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggillystyle)
    No they're just a pescetarian. The concept that anyone who eats meat or fish can claim to be some sort of vegetarian is frankly nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggillystyle)
    Pescetarian is a diet that consist strictly fish & seafood, with fruit and vegetables.

ReputationRep:
    Well you could get a 'vegetarian' cook book and then learn to stop placing red & white meat as the main ingrediant in a dish and suppliment it with fish ?

I dunno i'm a veggie but it's good to hear that your taking a step in the right direction

It shouldnt be a boring switch as long as you take the time to cook new recipes

ReputationRep:
    I also find the concept of pescetarianism hugely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    Why? I'm vegetarian but I can see why people might want to distinguish between killing mammals and killing fish.

ReputationRep:
    Stop giving your inane diet a name. Eat what you want, and make sure you have enough of the necessary nutrients.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    Nothing wrong with it so long as its just a personal decision - I would have a problem if people use it with the same sort of moral spiel many vegetarians use. I don't eat red meats, not because I have a problem with eating red meat (and on occasions I do), but because I just don't wish to, simple as.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.