Turn on thread page Beta

bf and I split up watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok we had it coming - it was a mutual agreement, and we're still friends but I still can't help being

I knew him for 11 months, and we were friends for 5 out of those months so it's not actually all too bad, so why does it still feel crappy :/

ReputationRep:
    Because you had a good connection, now you cant stop thinking about what could have happened if you had stayed together for longer. Try not to think about what you did have but what you have now which is the most important thing for you right now.
    you should start dating again to take your mind off your sadness.

ReputationRep:
    Because Danni, 6 months is enough time to get attached to someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Because Danni, 6 months is enough time to get attached to someone.
    Yeah, true... *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Yeah, true... *sigh*
    Ahh, you'll be right!

How's life treating you otherwise? It's been a while since I saw you floating around here!

ReputationRep:
    aww don't be There are plenty more fish in the sea

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, you'll be right!

How's life treating you otherwise? It's been a while since I saw you floating around here!
    Aw thanks for asking how I am, so sweet I'm OK, just working hard and doing a bit of volunteer work at a library in order to get my foot in the door, and working in sales.

So not awesome! Obviously. But I'm not too bad apart from the split, how's your life going? Hope postgrad uni is going well for you.

ReputationRep:
    What I did is we broke up, then it was christmas so I got a job and worked full time there, and none of the people I worked with didn't know nor care about my personal life so that worked

Basically distract yourself? and dont contact him

and i hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    You're basically advertising your eligibilty on TSR now.

I'm interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    Wow what an amazing idea. Why not just start shooting heroin as well, that takes the pain away too.
    Erm what?

Yes because dating is exactly the same as a drug that makes you develop a crippling addiction and is more than capable of ruining your life

This is like the worst attempt to be funny I've ever seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Erm what?

Yes because dating is exactly the same as a drug that makes you develop a crippling addiction and is more than capable of ruining your life

I'm sorry it doesn't meet your standards. I don't think getting into a new relationship is a good way of coping with the breaking up of an old one tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Know the feeling.

Stick it out, it gets better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Aw thanks for asking how I am, so sweet I'm OK, just working hard and doing a bit of volunteer work at a library in order to get my foot in the door, and working in sales.

So not awesome! Obviously. But I'm not too bad apart from the split, how's your life going? Hope postgrad uni is going well for you.
    Ah, I thought you'd got the job as a librarian. Still, kudos for you for not giving up on that one.

As for me, I'm not a graduate! Never went to uni! But life is good. Have an interview tomorrow for a new job which pays a fair bit more! Woohoo! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Erm what?

That was what I was thinking...!
    Dating doesn't mean getting into a relationship... It's about meeting new people, not falling in love or having sex with someone else to get over them.

(Original post by Dionysus)
    aww don't be There are plenty more fish in the sea
    Including me.

(Original post by Aurora92)
    That was what I was thinking...!
    Dating doesn't mean getting into a relationship... It's about meeting new people, not falling in love or having sex with someone else to get over them.
    Yo, you don't have to be dating to get to know someone better. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Yo, you don't have to be dating to get to know someone better. :yes:
    Okay, well you could just go out with friends. Anything to have fun and realise you can have fun without the ex.

Meeting new people is the best way, Trust me. I have done it before, and it helps a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I thought you'd got the job as a librarian. Still, kudos for you for not giving up on that one.

As for me, I'm not a graduate! Never went to uni! But life is good. Have an interview tomorrow for a new job which pays a fair bit more! Woohoo! :woo:
    Oh congrats! You must be pretty excited, getting a dream job

The job I got was part-time and I bought a house, so I need a full-time one. So I'm still looking!

I have an interview today for a library job, so I'll see how I go and hopefully will take my mind off things.

ReputationRep:
    Aw I'm sorry OP.
    I just broke up with someone too, and even though you expect it, still hurts! Just keep yourself busy i've found is best. See your friends lots and it gradually gets better! Keep smilingggg

hi im sorry to hear about that, i know exactly how you feel, my boyfriend of 20 months and recently broke up mutually because we simply never got to see each other regularly because of our different schedules etc.. we are still friends and chat and stuff but it feels really strange that he is not my boyfriend anymore. this is slightly crazy but although i have gotten over him and have started to look casually at other guys again, if i were to go out with someone else i would feel bad like i was cheating or sth! something tells me i don't think i am ready for another guy yet! haha. i found that the best thing to do was to let all of your emotion out at once. i mean all of it. cry scream kick etc .. whatever is best for you, and then stop and never cry about it again, just to get it out of your system. I havn't cried since that and i feel so much better!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.