Turn on thread page Beta

bf and I split up watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Ok we had it coming - it was a mutual agreement, and we're still friends but I still can't help being

I knew him for 11 months, and we were friends for 5 out of those months so it's not actually all too bad, so why does it still feel crappy :/
    Hey. Hopefully the break will be good for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon838)
    Hey. Hopefully the break will be good for you.
    Thanks, it'll definitely be a break as I've got a lot of things to do with work and in my life!!

But it's hard to let go, as we had so much fun together and did so many things, e.g. travelling to different cities and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow-nutshell)
    Aw I'm sorry OP.
    I just broke up with someone too, and even though you expect it, still hurts! Just keep yourself busy i've found is best. See your friends lots and it gradually gets better! Keep smilingggg
    Thanks, I like your hair - ringlets are soo cute! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi im sorry to hear about that, i know exactly how you feel, my boyfriend of 20 months and recently broke up mutually because we simply never got to see each other regularly because of our different schedules etc.. we are still friends and chat and stuff but it feels really strange that he is not my boyfriend anymore. this is slightly crazy but although i have gotten over him and have started to look casually at other guys again, if i were to go out with someone else i would feel bad like i was cheating or sth! something tells me i don't think i am ready for another guy yet! haha. i found that the best thing to do was to let all of your emotion out at once. i mean all of it. cry scream kick etc .. whatever is best for you, and then stop and never cry about it again, just to get it out of your system. I havn't cried since that and i feel so much better!
    Yep. That's exactly how I feel too, you're so right! I don't think I could cry that loud though, my housemates would hear and think I'm heaps weird!!

I wouldn't worry about feeling guilty, even though I know the feeling - after all, he is probably looking at other girls now

Although that is a depressing thought

*Sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Yep. That's exactly how I feel too, you're so right! I don't think I could cry that loud though, my housemates would hear and think I'm heaps weird!!

I wouldn't worry about feeling guilty, even though I know the feeling - after all, he is probably looking at other girls now

Although that is a depressing thought

*Sigh*
    Hey danni, long time no see. If you don't mind me asking, why did you guys agree to break up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Hey danni, long time no see. If you don't mind me asking, why did you guys agree to break up?
    Yeah I know, you're right haven't been on in ages and leaving soon forever! :eek:

As for the break-up, it was a mutual thing! We just decided that the spark had kinda gone and we were probably better off as friends. Which we are, but I can't help feeling sad and neither can he and I think it might have something to do with the security we once had of being together. E.g. We trust each other a lot.

So it's upsetting!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I like your hair - ringlets are soo cute! x
    lol thanks, that's actually my friend, but i know what you mean! I'm always jealous of her :p:

Yeah I know, you're right haven't been on in ages and leaving soon forever! :eek:

As for the break-up, it was a mutual thing! We just decided that the spark had kinda gone and we were probably better off as friends. Which we are, but I can't help feeling sad and neither can he and I think it might have something to do with the security we once had of being together. E.g. We trust each other a lot.

So it's upsetting!
    That is very common I think.

The excitement you both had in the beginning seems to fade. I think that is the point when you either agree to have some to think & be alone or just agree to be friends (and still care for each other a little).

Tbh, I haven't got a clue about relationships. I have no guidelines. I go along with my gut instincts all-the-time. I am single at the moment, and I actually enjoy being on my own. There are times (notably when I see a cute couple holding hands) when I wish I had that, but then I also like being alone .... barh, I am soo odd. I don't even understand myself ... I am probably not making sense as I am listening to some wonderful soul music by Corinne Bailey Rae ...

Anyway, I suspect you're sad for not having a guy, and not necessarily *him* (because you're both gonna be friends).

*hugs and kisses* xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.