Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi people, basically im at a cross roads in my life, im 20 stuck in a dead end job, and i got three d's in my gsces. lol. im really thinking about going part time at work re doing my gsces try and get my a levels and go to uni, would i b too old i mean if i got my head down and did passed everything, i would prob b around24 wen i finished my a levels, is it worth it??

ReputationRep:
    It is never too late, and you will also have much more choice. go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same as above, it's never too late and alot of people do this. If you're committed to doing it then you should go for and aim to be successful.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it!

Would you rather have a decent set of gcse's and A levels by the time you're 24 or still be stuck in that dead end job? I know which one I would prefer.

If you don't do it, you will always regret that you didn't do it and wonder how different your life could have been and aged 40, you would have realised that 24 is still very young.

ReputationRep:
    Defintely do this if it's what you want. I know people in the same situation as you who have gone back to education, and are so much happier (despite having to get used to studying again :tongue: )
    Once you've done your GCSEs there's always apprenticeships and BTEC courses as well, don't forget.

ReputationRep:
    You're twenty and you think it's too late to get into education?!

My course is full of people approaching their thirties or well into their thirties, they've wanted a switch in careers so they've come to university and many of them are successful in what they do.

My advice to you is to save up enough money to keep yourself for a year or two and to retake GCSE's and A Levels. Older applicants often try harder than a lot of A Level students and given the right attitude and determination, perhaps even outside tutoring you could manage all A's in your A Levels. A number of good colleges (in my area there's City of Bristol College) handle older applicants and often have a "fast-track" scheme for people that want to get back into education and leave with A Levels. Go to your local college and ask them what they can do for you.

ReputationRep:
    Do It...get Ur A Levels.....

ReputationRep:
    sorry for the late reply, thanks so much for the advice peeps, im going part time this sept and getting my head down!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.