Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Is there anyone currently doing this course? I was just wondering what it was like from your point of view. Ive been to look around and been to an interview etc but i find it hard to tell what its actually going to be like because they're obviously trying to sell to the course to you. I've applied to do the adv diploma btw.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview there in March. But I have heard some not very nice things about the staff there when I have been for other interviews??? People were of the opinion that you dont get much attention and found the interviewers quite abrupt even rude. I am taking it with a pinch of salt and will make up my own mind when I go for my interview. I was quite impressed with Salford uni.I didnt know manchester offered an advance nursing diploma? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodywoo1)
    I have an interview there in March. But I have heard some not very nice things about the staff there when I have been for other interviews??? People were of the opinion that you dont get much attention and found the interviewers quite abrupt even rude. I am taking it with a pinch of salt and will make up my own mind when I go for my interview. I was quite impressed with Salford uni.I didnt know manchester offered an advance nursing diploma? x
    some interviewers/unis do this to put you in the spot and see how you cope it rearly is a reflection of the course.
    my best friend, who is now fully qualified RN, did nursing at manchester and she said that she loved it and would do it all over again if she could she will be going back there to do her masters even though she lives in oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodywoo1)
    If you guys want to be nurses and cant take a few tutors being a bit rude to you your going to suffer as a Nurse... Alot of patients are really rude and very abrupt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeM)
    If you guys want to be nurses and cant take a few tutors being a bit rude to you your going to suffer as a Nurse... Alot of patients are really rude and very abrupt.
    i dont hink that is quite what OP is asking. if i had the choice between a uni that made my education comftable by providing goood support and nice tutors (nice tutor are usually more aprochable) and a uni where the tutors were just rude all the time i know which one i would go to. i think 'rude tutors' is a very good reason to discount a uni. you are there to learn, how can you do that when you are essentially being bullied. plus what kind of role model is a rude tutor?
    some patents cant help being rude... a tutor however has no excuse. would they act like that towards a patient?

ReputationRep:
    Ive already been for my interview at Manchester and have now confirmed my place to go there (exciting!). I however didnt find the tutors abrupt at all. There were some applicants who were giving answers to the interview questions but were being very vague so the interviewer/tutor had to try and get out of them what they were trying to say, or sometimes they'd ask the person to back up the answer some how. They weren't abrupt and were probs doing it for the interviewer so they gave the best answer possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wackyworker)
    Ive already been for my interview at Manchester and have now confirmed my place to go there (exciting!). I however didnt find the tutors abrupt at all. There were some applicants who were giving answers to the interview questions but were being very vague so the interviewer/tutor had to try and get out of them what they were trying to say, or sometimes they'd ask the person to back up the answer some how. They weren't abrupt and were probs doing it for the interviewer so they gave the best answer possible.
    congrads

ReputationRep:
    I got a Conditional for University of Manchester there a while back Don't know if I'll accept it yet, depends on my other offers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 3, 2010

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.