Turn on thread page Beta

Weird to go clubbing with your boyf? watch

Announcements

Keep anon as my boyfriend uses this!

Turned 18 a while ago and have been out clubbing with friends, but on Thursday my boyfriend asked if I wanted to go clubbing with him.

We'd be together, not in a group... Is that weird? I don't think I've seen couples in clubs before :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not at all!

Used to do this all the time with the ex

Was fun, brought us closer together even (tho he really needed someone to teach him how to dance! Haha).

ReputationRep:
    i used to do this all the time.
    great fun. just avoid pulling him constantly. its very irritating to everyone else

(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i used to do this all the time.
    great fun. just avoid pulling him constantly. its very irritating to everyone else
    Brilliant! I was really scared I'd get funny looks or something

ReputationRep:
    no dont think so, chill and have fun!

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I go to the same uni, we go out just us two or with a group of people quite a lot of the time and it's really good fun actually. It's also good to meet a few people there, so if you know other people going then you can meet up with them later in the night

ReputationRep:
    Went last week with my girl.

I can tell you what I did notice though. Since everyone else is a singleton, there seems to be an unspoken hostility when you're both dancing happily together, and the alcohol seems to be rendered useless. I was in the gay village too, so I don't know if it'd be worse or better elsewhere.

My 2p.

ReputationRep:
    I have seen loads of couples going out clubbing together. It's not a problem/weird. I have been round town with my boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    I do it quite a bit! It's always a good laugh and you dont worry about what the other is getting up to aaha

ReputationRep:
    I see couples in there all the time...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's fine! You won't get funny looks - people will just assume you've just met or you are together. Nothing wrong with it, just enjoy the music and atmosphere together.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine! I go clubbing with my errr love interest (ha), when I can convince him going out is a good plan. He's coming out for my birthday next week but I don't know where as my lovely friend has organised it a surprise. Somewhere in Bristol is all I know! Pretty standard

i used to go out clubbing with my ex quite a bit. (just the two of us). it was fun.

this guy i know told me he never goes out with his girl as he can't stand other boys looking/ touching/ dancing with her. how weird is that?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh! I think I'd personally find it weird! I like dancing with different people in my friend group and like wandering off when I want to get a drink or use the loo or stand at the side to watch people dancing and seeing who I can spy getting off in the corner. Boyfriend + friends would be great, but just the two of us (whoever 'us' are) I'd find weird.

Seems like it's just me though! And I've never had a boyfriend, so what do I know about it?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. Enjoy yourself!

ReputationRep:
    If your boyfriend is as funny at drunk dancing as mine, you'll have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would it be weird?

ReputationRep:
    Not in the slightest! I wish my boyfriend would ask to go clubbing with me .

ReputationRep:
    The last time i did this i got into ALOT of trouble. We are no longer together. But everyones experience is different!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.