Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Just wanting a few recommendations on the ultimate genre which is Jazz Hop! (Jazz infused Hip Hop)

The Jazz Hop artists I currently listen to are - A Tribe Called Quest, Souls of Mischief, Jazz Liberatorz, Gangstarr....

Any suggestions??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Any suggestions??
    Buckshot LeFonque, "Jazzmatazz" volumes I & II are pretty damn classics, too.

ReputationRep:
    A tribe called quest- this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    A tribe called quest- this
    Meh meh meh meh meh meh (in Ace Ventura style)

(Original post by Dynamitri)
    Buckshot LeFonque, "Jazzmatazz" volumes I & II are pretty damn classics, too.
    Jazzmatazz = Gangstarr. I know zis.

However, will check out Buckshot LeFonque. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Jazzmatazz = Gangstarr
    Not really, Gangstarr was DJ Premier and Guru, Jazzmatazz was Guru's solo project with guest musicians from various groups. Some Gang Starr tracks are, indeed, in similar vibe to first two Jazzmatazz albums, but bottom line it's not the same.

You might want to check out British act Us3 as well, but then again it's much more of acid-jazz than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, Gangstarr was DJ Premier and Guru, Jazzmatazz was Guru's solo project with guest musicians from various groups. Some Gang Starr tracks are, indeed, in similar vibe to first two Jazzmatazz albums, but bottom line it's not the same.

You might want to check out British act Us3 as well, but then again it's much more of acid-jazz than anything else.

Fair enough, I was just being vague with my categorisation of Gangstarr. Wil check us3 as well. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I was just being vague with my categorisation of Gangstarr. Wil check us3 as well. Cheers
    Let me know if you like Us3, it's more "jazz" than "rap", but if you do, I know a whole bunch of groups in that vibe.

ReputationRep:
    Let me know if you like Us3, it's more "jazz" than "rap", but if you do, I know a whole bunch of groups in that vibe.

Yeah will do man. at work atm so will listen when i get home

ReputationRep:

US3 is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Good recommendation dude. More pls!!

ReputationRep:
    DJ Cam.

ReputationRep:
    US3 is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Good recommendation dude. More pls!!
    Oh, ok - then check out Tab Two (it's a German group, very similar to Us3 and they've got English raps on it); Jazzanova (another German ensemble), 4Hero, Funky Porcini, Jazztronic

These should keep you engaged for some time, holla at me if you need anymore

ReputationRep:
    Props on the Us3 recommendation. Good music.

ReputationRep:
    Dela - French producer

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.