Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever cheated on your bf/gf/ Watch

I just want to know, if you have and how did you feel afterwards? Did you ever tell them? Did you break up? Did you feel really guilty?

I want to cheat on my partner so badly with someone I work with. I got drunk with them once and we nearly kissed I wished we did. I mean if your partner doesn't know it cannot hurt them right?

ReputationRep:
    I would never no.
    Dump him and shag the colleague.
    Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrotortina)
    I would never no.
    Simples.
    what if you love him but need some sexual excitement?

I would never no.
    Simples.
    I want the best of both worlds, I just want to shag them once and still be with my partner...
    I know I am selfish *******

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, you should not want to cheat on your partner. If you really want to be with them, you will avoid being in a situation with this colleague. If you don't want to be with your partner/temptation is too strong you should finish with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want the best of both worlds, I just want to shag them once and still be with my partner...
    I know I am selfish *******

Maybe you should let your partner shag around then.
    You cant have double standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    what if you love him but need some sexual excitement?
    If the bloke cant satisfy you a) tell him and try and work it out. b) if its that bad and youre desperate dump him.

ReputationRep:
    If the bloke cant satisfy you a) tell him and try and work it out. b) if its that bad and youre desperate dump him.
    Just because he can't provide certain sexual needs doesn't make him emotionally inadequate. And it doesn't make you a bad person for wanting them outside of the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Just because he can't provide certain sexual needs doesn't make him emotionally inadequate. And it doesn't make you a bad person for wanting them outside of the relationship.
    I never said he was "emotionally inadequate." You can try out different things to spice it up a bit. Unless you both know its an open relationship then cheating is generally considered a bad thing.

I guess it depends if sex is more important than love?

ReputationRep:
    If you only want to cheat for the sexual reasons (ie, you don't want a relationship with this colleague) but you say you love your partner, chances are it's problems in your relationship rather than anything else. Cheating's not ok, whatever the circumstances as far as I am concerned, and maybe 'what he doesn't know won't hurt him' blah blah blah, but that doesn't make it acceptable! I'd say you should talk to your boyfriend and tell him you're not that happy, tell him why etc and try to sort it out... if you can't then finish it. Love isn't everything, if you are not happy, but more importantly, it's not worth hurting someone you love just coz you want a shag!!

ReputationRep:
    I never said he was "emotionally inadequate." You can try out different things to spice it up a bit. Unless you both know its an open relationship then cheating is generally considered a bad thing.

I guess it depends if sex is more important than love?
    It's not, it's just different. You advocated dumping him due to poor sexual technique. Maybe I don't want that sort of spice with somebody I'm that close with?

You're giving me societal reasons not to atm, not actual ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)

If I felt I wasnt sexually enough for my boyfriend, I'd feel awful that he didnt find me sexy enough, basically because a lot of my self esteem rides on my sexual confidence, femininity and sexuality.
    If that were the case I'd tell him to do one and find someone who appreciates my womanly curves and voracious appetite above all others.
    I need an absolute dynamite sex life AND psychological connection. I have to feel wanted and appreciated in ALL forms. Same the other way round. Where I havent really felt that passion, it has led to infidelity or wanting to breach my partner's trust which is wrong on so many levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    It's not, it's just different. You advocated dumping him due to poor sexual technique. Maybe I don't want that sort of spice with somebody I'm that close with?

You're giving me societal reasons not to atm, not actual ones.
    I'm saying that if you're not in a open relationship, and you're considering cheating on him, then maybe you shouldn't be in a relationship. Is this not just common sense to anyone else??! For a start, he will probably be really upset, may finish the relationship etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    No because i'm a good person and what is very important to me are my priniples and value of right and wrong. The fact your looking for justification to cheat shows you do not care enough about your partner. Do the decent thing and break up with him so you can have your sex with the knowledge that your not a nasty *****.

Im such a player, I don't want to dump my partner. I just want to **** this person from work and feel a sense of relief. Many of you will probably think I will just feel guilty, but I don't think I will.

So is there anyone here that HAS cheated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME10)
    No because i'm a good person and what is very important to me are my priniples and value of right and wrong. The fact your looking for justification to cheat shows you do not care enough about your partner. Do the decent thing and break up with him so you can have your sex with the knowledge that your not a nasty *****.
    Thank you! My faith in humanity has been restored! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever cheated on your girlfriend or boyfriend or . . . invisible MAN? Isn't that what the thread title says?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I just want to know, if you have and how did you feel afterwards? Did you ever tell them? Did you break up? Did you feel really guilty?

I want to cheat on my partner so badly with someone I work with. I got drunk with them once and we nearly kissed I wished we did. I mean if your partner doesn't know it cannot hurt them right?
    I did and I think about it most days I'm so guilty. Its been two years, still with the girl now and I'm still gutted about what happened. Don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! My faith in humanity has been restored! :woo:
    Agreed, I was getting a bit scared.

No, I never even considered it, in the extreme worst case break up with your partner and then do whatever you wish.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I seriously couldn't look someone in eye if I had a secret of that magnitude from them, it would be a though there were an elephant in the room every time you spent time with them. If you're unhappy in a relationship, leave it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.