Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever cheated on your bf/gf/ watch

(Original post by JME10)
    No because i'm a good person and what is very important to me are my priniples and value of right and wrong. The fact your looking for justification to cheat shows you do not care enough about your partner. Do the decent thing and break up with him so you can have your sex with the knowledge that your not a nasty *****.
    One question, why do you assume I am female?

I'd always thought that i'd never cheat on any guy but recently I did (kissed nothing else), I know it was an awful thing to do but I had fallen for this other guy and he feels the same. It made me realise that I didn't care about my boyfriend in that way anymore and that it wasnt working, I broke up with him last night. Cheating is wrong but it can help you to realise certain things about someone and your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Thing is, you should not want to cheat on your partner. If you really want to be with them, you will avoid being in a situation with this colleague. If you don't want to be with your partner/temptation is too strong you should finish with them.
    A million times this.

There's obviously something not right in the relationship, and to be honest nobody can blame someone for wanting to play away, human emotions are as complex as they are ever changing BUT imo if you truely love someone then you won't get tempted to play away at all.

If something's making you want to cheat then you need to think really carefully about the relationship you're in and do the right thing. If you truely want to go and have fun then you should do it! But make sure you do the right thing and break up with your partner first. Cheating is never acceptable.

Edit: And to answer the OP, I never have and never would cheat on my girlfriend. She means the world to me and I love her more than I could ever try to explain. She's amazing. :love:

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't feel guilty about cheating!? Not even a little bit? How callous!

I can empathise with you about fancying your colleague. I have an intense, 13 year old crush on someone I work with, yet I'm also in a long-term, long-distance relationship. However, as much as I fancy this guy I would NEVER act on it (despite the tiny, wicked part of my brain that goes 'go on just one kiss') because I love my boyfriend, I would never want to hurt him and my relationship with him means so much more.

I don't think being sexually attracted to someone else necessarily means that there's something wrong with your relationship. However, that's somewhat different to actually considering cheating on your partner...

ReputationRep:
    This is why guys hate their GF going out with other guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_world)
    You wouldn't feel guilty about cheating!? Not even a little bit? How callous!

I can empathise with you about fancying your colleague. I have an intense, 13 year old crush on someone I work with, yet I'm also in a long-term, long-distance relationship. However, as much as I fancy this guy I would NEVER act on it (despite the tiny, wicked part of my brain that goes 'go on just one kiss') because I love my boyfriend, I would never want to hurt him and my relationship with him means so much more.

I don't think being sexually attracted to someone else necessarily means that there's something wrong with your relationship. However, that's somewhat different to actually considering cheating on your partner...
    You"ve had a crush on the same guy for 13 years?.....wow!!.

But to answer the OP......no I have never cheated on my partner, ever. TBH cheating is a big no no in my book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrotortina)
    Thank you! My faith in humanity has been restored! :woo:
    Haha, thanks Glad to be of service :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    One question, why do you assume I am female?
    An impression i got from reading your post. Am i wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who instantly thought "guy" instead of girl? I was really confused why everyone was assuming it was a girl.

But no, you shouldn't cheat. Though I have in the past (not sure if it really counts cos I falling asleep and someone kissed me and I didn't stop it?)

ReputationRep:
    I cheated on my boyfriend 3 years ago when we had been going out for like 3 weeks at a music festival. But i told him the very next day, i would never lie about something like that.
    And i would never in my life do that to anyone again. Just seeing the hurt in someones eyes
    I hate how people say once a cheater, always a cheater, not true at all.

ReputationRep:
    You cannot have your :cake: and :cookie: it too.

ReputationRep:
    This. If you don't love your partner enough to feel guilty about cheating then you shouldn't be with them in he first place. Unless, of course, you're both clear that it's an open relationship.

I could never cheat on my boyfriend, he means too much to me and I couldn't hurt him- our future together would be over. It's one thing finding someone else attractive but it's another thing entirely wanting to act upon it.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm not an *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im such a player, I don't want to dump my partner. I just want to **** this person from work and feel a sense of relief. Many of you will probably think I will just feel guilty, but I don't think I will.

So is there anyone here that HAS cheated
    I have and the grasses isn't always greener - is one sh*g really going to be worth what your doing to your current other half...? Nope. The fact you've even had this thought suggests you shouldn't be with them. Your going to really feckin' hurt them, I assure you.

ReputationRep:
    I havent cheated to the extend of having sex, but i have kissed another girl, i told my girl, she was mad for abit-(did i forget to mention she is the first person to slap me), guess she needed to take out her anger, but hey its all good

ReputationRep:
    Please please please break up with your boyfriend first. Please. Just imagine really hard if it were you. Its so horrible when someone does that to you. And if strongly effects your trust in people. If you care about your boyfriend at all, then please break up with him first.

I have. My boyfriend's friend went down on me :sigh: It literally just sort of 'happened' - under the circumstances it *could* just happen and we were both REALLY drunk and the moment my foggy brain realised what was going on I pushed him off me, and we spent literally hours discussing what to do.

He tried to get me to not tell my boyfriend but I knew I had to - I literally told my boyfriend within about 5 minutes of seeing him the next day and he forgave me, wasn't too bothered by the whole thing tbh as he knows what his friend is like.

I'm actually terrible for this, I honestly live in fear of doing that sort of thing again though I have heavily flirted with guys since and feel bad for it.

I never, EVER intend to cheat though. I would never want to (literally the only time I have ever wanted to was when an old crush confessed to liking me, I so badly wanted to kiss him, just the once.) and it never crosses my mind sober.
    I need to work on my drinking.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have. I felt so guilty, and wished so bad I had never done it. I told my boyfriend as soon as I could, and I had to work hard to earn his trust back. But I did.. I went to great lengths because I realised what an absolute idiot I was, it brought us closer together, and now we are happier than ever, 2 years later.

ReputationRep:
    I've done it before.
    I've not cheated on my current partner because quite honestly I haven't wanted to. And when I do, I'll leave him, because it's not fair to stay with someone, especially at out age, for reasons other than them being the only person you want to sleep with and be with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    I've done it before.
    I've not cheated on my current partner because quite honestly I haven't wanted to. And when I do, I'll leave him, because it's not fair to stay with someone, especially at out age, for reasons other than them being the only person you want to sleep with and be with.
    Quite.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.