Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever cheated on your bf/gf/ watch

ReputationRep:
    It depends what the two of you would class as cheating, and actually knowing what could be forgiven. For example, my boyfriend and I agreed that a kiss was cheating, but dancing or even a little grope was not. We also said that if one of us kissed someone else it could probably be forgiven - but any further....

Regardless of this though, you can't know what will happen when that moment comes... if I cheated on my boyfriend...even just a kiss... I know full well I wouldn't have the guts to tell him, because I love him to bits and wouldn't want to hurt - what he doesnt know can't hurt him anyway.

It sounds a lot like you're not really too fussed about your other half, you just feel like you don't wanna dump them becuse they'll be lost without you right?

Basically... you want to be single, but you still want your other half to be happy - your best option is to dump your current gf/bf - I'm sure they'll get by without you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)
    What if its not a him?
    Same result. I don't discriminate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    If you only want to cheat for the sexual reasons (ie, you don't want a relationship with this colleague) but you say you love your partner, chances are it's problems in your relationship rather than anything else. Cheating's not ok, whatever the circumstances as far as I am concerned, and maybe 'what he doesn't know won't hurt him' blah blah blah, but that doesn't make it acceptable! I'd say you should talk to your boyfriend and tell him you're not that happy, tell him why etc and try to sort it out... if you can't then finish it. Love isn't everything, if you are not happy, but more importantly, it's not worth hurting someone you love just coz you want a shag!!

Agreed!

Either work at your relationship or finish him and have your work collegue. You can't have both. It's not fair on your partner. I also agree that "What he doesn't know won't hurt him" is not acceptable.

I did with three different people over the course of a few weeks, I finished it about a month or so later. The only part I regret is not ending things between us sooner.

ReputationRep:
    I have been cheated on before, and I would never cheat on someone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    what if you love him but need some sexual excitement?
    I've read all your replies, I'm just quoting this one. You make a good set of points but everything you said depends on if your partner thinks the same way. If the partner doesn't, you can talk like that all you want but she/he'll be out the door. What you said can make sense in theory, but in real life it's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    You"ve had a crush on the same guy for 13 years?.....wow!!.

But to answer the OP......no I have never cheated on my partner, ever. TBH cheating is a big no no in my book.
    Hahahahaha I just re-read my post and I can totally understand why you thought that's what I meant. I expressed myself poorly, my battery was about to die and I was in a hurry! I meat to say that I have the kind of crush on this guy that I would have had when I was 13 years old. I think I would have a problem if I'd had a crush on someome who is not my boyfriend for 13 years....

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I don't need to cheat; I'm in a very happy, satisfied and compatible relationship. Why would I want someone else?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I haven't ever cheated and I never will in the future. If you haven't got the decency to end it with your partner because you are getting feelings for or about other people, then you don't deserve to be in a relationship in the first place. The whole 'what they don't know can't hurt them' doesn't wash with me either, you've disrespected and tainted the relationship either way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.