Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK so my best friend came to see me at uni this weekend. Hadn't seen each other in ages as he was away over christmas so was mega excited to see him as we're so so close. We went out, got hammered, woke up in bed together. I was so shocked when I woke up and realised what I'd done. This is completely not the kind of thing I do, I've never had one night stands etc before. He only stayed for about half a day after we woke up, when he was meant to be staying till late that night. It was incredibly awkward and I haven't heard from him since. No idea what to make of this- will our friendship ever be the same again?

To make matters slightly more complicated, he is also very good friends with my ex who I got out of a serious long term relationship with about a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    **** happens. talk to him about it, the longer you leave it the worse it gets..if you're as close as you say it should make it a lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    why make a fuss about something so petty, bite the bullet and enjoy it, jesus you dont live by gods rules ffs

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree that you should talk to him as soon as.

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between telling you to let the heat die down and telling you to talk to him. Idk what i'd do if this was my best friend, probably let it die down a bit first, depends what he/she is ike..

ReputationRep:
    Drink less?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with what the others are saying.Talk to him about it, see how he feels about it. If you both agree that it was a one time, drunken thing then I see no reason why you can't go back to how it was.

ReputationRep:
    This is what happens when you get drunk. Get a life, stop drinking.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.