Turn on thread page Beta

Fake Bake vs. St Tropez fake tan. watch

• View Poll Results: Which is better, Fake Bake or St. Tropez?
    Fake Bake
    16.67%
    St Tropez
    83.33%

ReputationRep:
    Which is better?

I'm yet to try Fake Bake, but I love St Tropez.

ReputationRep:
    Neither, you'll look like a tangerine in heels.

ReputationRep:
    You've been Tango'd

To be honest, just leave it, it never looks right tbh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    Neither, you'll look like a tangerine in heels.
    False.

Note to males: when applied correctly, fake tan looks like a natural tan. Lots of girls wear it and you can't tell, which is why you associate fake tan with orange because when you CAN tell, it looks horrendous. / rant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whambamglam_x)
    False.

Note to males: when applied correctly, fake tan looks like a natural tan. Lots of girls wear it and you can't tell, which is why you associate fake tan with orange because when you CAN tell, it looks horrendous. / rant.
    No, you can tell because it doesn't look like a real tan, even if not orange it just looks...fake somehow. It's not attractive at all IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    You can tell. I have never seen a girl apply it properly. It is always patchy on the underside of the forearms and is not a natural tan colour.

ReputationRep:
    fake tan rarely (I say rarely, because sometimes it can work) makes a girl look more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    No, you can tell because it doesn't look like a real tan, even if not orange it just looks...fake somehow. It's not attractive at all IMHO.
    yeah but in some circumstances it might be needed. and like OP said, if it is applied right then you cant tell.

OP, Stick with you what you are using

ReputationRep:
    I like being pasty the best.

ReputationRep:

That wouldn't explain why people ask if i've been on holiday/on a sunbed when i've fake tanned..

ReputationRep:
    I like Fake Bake a lot, it doesn't go darker than the amount of melanin in your skin which is great for me being so pale. I don't go orange, just a light olive shade. The indicator colour in the lotion also makes it easier to get an even application. Although having said that I never apply it on myself - get someone who works a spa to help me out! I'm not a big user of fake tan, usually just get it put on before cheerleading competitions.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to have a fake tan lotion and a spray on the go all the time. For the lotion I tend to use Fake Bake, Xen Tan (both with dark indicator colours) and then a white lotion such as Boots or Superdry own. For spray I use St Tropez or Ambre Solaire. Have not used St Tropez lotion in a very long time so may get some of that for a chance. I find most Fake Tans work fine if you apply it right, I like to scrub mine off and start again once a week though, it DOES go patchy if I just apply, let it fade, apply, let it fade etc, even if I do exfoliate/moisturise.

ReputationRep:
    NEITHER.

Xen-tan all the way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.