Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any replies/interviews from LCC- Film and Television Course?

ReputationRep:
    yeh i got a reply last two weeks, they told me to complete an essay, one on a review on a recent film that grabbed my attention. and another on why i want to do film production. if i'm succesful, i i'll be asked for an interview. to be honest, i don't particular want to go to the uni because of the horrible things i have heard and seen about the uni. likewise, they are cutting down on tutors and money, terriible way to start a uni.

i have decided to accept AUCB conditional offer, which was my first choice anyway. well good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything from them yet....that's actually the only uni that hasn't replied me...=S
    I'm having an interview next week with uni of Westminster - Film and Tv Production...
    Can I ask you what were your other choices?! =D
    Good Luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    They replied to me with the same requirements, stating that I had to complete two short essays and provide some video reel.

ReputationRep:
    Great I got a notification from ucas...LCC-unsuccessfull!-.-'
    I'll just focus on my other choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValeriaW)
    Where else did you apply out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    did you not recive the film task fromm lcc ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTstudies)
    Where else did you apply out of interest?
    I've also applied to Uni of Westminster, Royal Holloway, southbank and Greenwich!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pollycop)
    did you not recive the film task fromm lcc ?
    No, I didn't...I just got an "unsuccessfull" under my LCC ucas track...

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in both LCC and Westminster. Good luck with your interview and do let us know how it went

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burtonity)
    I'm interested in both LCC and Westminster. Good luck with your interview and do let us know how it went
    Thanks! I will let you guys know for sure! I'm getting seriously nervous right now as my interview is getting reaaaally close...
    Finger crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I will let you guys know for sure! I'm getting seriously nervous right now as my interview is getting reaaaally close...
    Finger crossed!

Aw it'll all go well ! Did they ask you to prepare an essay or give guidelines for a portfolio? I was thinking maybe if your interview is after the 5th of March you could watch Alice in Wonderland just to keep a bit up to date :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm really nervous and unsure as what to kind of stuff to put in my portfolio, they haven't given any indication of what to include,
    what is everyone else putting in theirs?

ReputationRep:
    the other day i recived an email saying they would get back to me today if i have got an interview.,... i still havnt recived anything has anyone ???
    ohh and if they ask for portfolio i dont know what to put beaucse iv mentioned iv never done film before so i have no films and things im really scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burtonity)
    Aw it'll all go well ! Did they ask you to prepare an essay or give guidelines for a portfolio? I was thinking maybe if your interview is after the 5th of March you could watch Alice in Wonderland just to keep a bit up to date :p:
    They just just asked me to bring whatever could catch their attention, films I've made, creative things, storyboards....
    I was thinking the same thing about watching Alice in Wonderland (as Tim Burton is one of my favourite directors) but unfortunately my interview is freaking close as I'm already in London....=S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elzcatz)
    Hi I'm really nervous and unsure as what to kind of stuff to put in my portfolio, they haven't given any indication of what to include,
    what is everyone else putting in theirs?
    I've put 3 videos that I've made, some of the cartoons I've drawn, Photos I've made over the years and one Storyboard!

ReputationRep:
    the other day i recived an email saying they would get back to me today if i have got an interview.,... i still havnt recived anything has anyone ???
    ohh and if they ask for portfolio i dont know what to put beaucse iv mentioned iv never done film before so i have no films and things im really scared
    When is your interview?!
    Anyway I don't know what you should put i your portfolio but maybe you could put something creative you've made!

ReputationRep:
    When is your interview?!
    Anyway I don't know what you should put i your portfolio but maybe you could put something creative you've made!
    oh i dont have an interview i still havnt heard from them and im getting so worried..... but yeah i thought maybe like photographs of plays iv directed in theater and stuff, ahhh this is sooo scaryyy. ohh are you italian ? i am tooo heheh

ReputationRep:
    oh i dont have an interview i still havnt heard from them and im getting so worried..... but yeah i thought maybe like photographs of plays iv directed in theater and stuff, ahhh this is sooo scaryyy. ohh are you italian ? i am tooo heheh

Yes I am! :yes:
    What were your othere choices?!
    =)

ReputationRep:
    queen marys
    kingston
    kent

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.