Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValeriaW)
    I've put 3 videos that I've made, some of the cartoons I've drawn, Photos I've made over the years and one Storyboard!
    I'm so nervous, I am awful in interviews, What kind of things will they be asking, do people reckon?
    I have my portfolio together, but its not exactly FILM related, more arty stuff, I AM GETTING SO NERVOUS.
    Has anyone already had an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elzcatz)
    I'm so nervous, I am awful in interviews, What kind of things will they be asking, do people reckon?
    I have my portfolio together, but its not exactly FILM related, more arty stuff, I AM GETTING SO NERVOUS.
    Has anyone already had an interview yet?

I had my interview at Uni of Westminster TODAY =S
    well...It was okay, but I'm really not satisfied at all....
    They asked me things like " why did you choose this course", "what's the last movie you've watched at the cinema" "what's you'r favourite Tv Show", It was more of a "nice chat"...
    About you're portfolio, I only had 3 videos related to the Film side, the other things I've brought were mainly photos and things I've drawn!
    Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    They asked me things like " why did you choose this course", "what's the last movie you've watched at the cinema" "what's you'r favourite Tv Show", It was more of a "nice chat"...
    About you're portfolio, I only had 3 videos related to the Film side, the other things I've brought were mainly photos and things I've drawn!
    Good Luck
    Well that sounds about fine lol. Did they ask you to discuss the latest film you saw? Any trick questions we should be aware of lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck
    Wow that's cool... it seems they've put you confortable enough to just talk instead of a 'formal' thing. I'm kinda nervous about how at ease will I be, but I guess it shall be fine!

But tell me, how long was the interview? I've heard it could go from 15 minutes up to an hour.
    And when you say "they", how many people are you refering? I thought it was only one person

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burtonity)
    Well that sounds about fine lol. Did they ask you to discuss the latest film you saw? Any trick questions we should be aware of lol!!

Yes the interviewer asked me if I usually go the the Cinema and then which was the latest film I saw!
    Well, I don't think there are any trick questions...I mean I felt it was a pretty normal conversation so....!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Su1)
    Wow that's cool... it seems they've put you confortable enough to just talk instead of a 'formal' thing. I'm kinda nervous about how at ease will I be, but I guess it shall be fine!

But tell me, how long was the interview? I've heard it could go from 15 minutes up to an hour.
    And when you say "they", how many people are you refering? I thought it was only one person

Thanks

It actually took an hour...but I didn't even realized it! Nono don't worry there's only one person interviewing you!

ReputationRep:
    my interview at the LCC was with two people...... went ok though

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything from them yet....that's actually the only uni that hasn't replied me...=S
    I'm having an interview next week with uni of Westminster - Film and Tv Production...
    Can I ask you what were your other choices?! =D
    Good Luck to you too!
    My other choices are at the bottom:

And dont worry, LCC is a bit up their buttocks to be honest! which was why i cancelled the invitation for an interview from them. One look at the uni and i was running. friends of mine went there and hated it and the location was far from appealing. the only thing holding it up are the fact that it's skillset based and their alumnis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asanni)
    My other choices are at the bottom:

And dont worry, LCC is a bit up their buttocks to be honest! which was why i cancelled the invitation for an interview from them. One look at the uni and i was running. friends of mine went there and hated it and the location was far from appealing. the only thing holding it up are the fact that it's skillset based and their alumnis.

LCC was falling apart, didn't look good. Did seem up their own ass a bit. I think it was a good place, but a lot of their equipment was lacking and they've had their funding cut a lot. I decided I do not want to go there either.

I'm still waiting on Bournemouth haven't responded yet.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any replies/interviews from LCC- Film and Television Course?
    Yes!!! I was selected to proceed to interview! They e-mailed me yesterday! Very excited, already have interview on Westminster and LCC. The only one left is AUCB. Hope to get in one of them!

What about you? Have they said anything?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear from LCC about whether or not I got in, they said I would hear within two weeks, but it's been nearly a month? Bit rude to be honest, so unorganised, has anyone heard yet?
    And yeah, LCC are right up their own arses.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer yesterday morning. Hold tight, from what I understand there were a lot of applications, that's why it's taken so long. You'll probably hear from them in the next couple of days.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.