Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    (Original post by Johnnywhoops)
    I've been offered a position working upon one of the Royal Bank of Scotland's graduate programme's. The contract offered needs signing and returning within 2business weeks (around 1week left). I have a couple other final assessment centres coming up for different companies which given the choice i'd prefer to work for. Consequently i'm considering attempting to delay my contract with RBS until i've heard back from the others which should be mid-March. Does anyone have any experience in doing this? Any advice?
    ive been in your situation and theres two things you can do:

    ask to take longer to decide ...though mid march is very long
    call the others up ad ask them to 'hurry up'. i did this with goldman sachs and they totally understood (got that offer as well)
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources


Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo


"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.