Turn on thread page Beta

Good GCSE Revision strategy for Summer exams? watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay I just got my summer exams timetable. I have a total of 11 exams starting on 21/05 and finishing 21/06. I know I don't need to start revising yet as they don't start for 3 and a half months. When it gets closer I'm thinking about revising everything I need to know for every subject up until about 2 weeks before the exams start. Then going over the stuff again as each exam comes up. What do you think? Is this an effective way of revising? Help is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    if you start revising now, you can take days off when you want cos you've prepared so early, and you won't feel as stressed/bored nearer the exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Okay I just got my summer exams timetable. I have a total of 11 exams starting on 21/05 and finishing 21/06. I know I don't need to start revising yet as they don't start for 3 and a half months. When it gets closer I'm thinking about revising everything I need to know for every subject up until about 2 weeks before the exams start. Then going over the stuff again as each exam comes up. What do you think? Is this an effective way of revising? Help is appreciated.
    Sounds good, just don't burn yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Small but regular chunks. I'd start during the easter holidays, and use it to get all your revision material prepped and then revising small chunks at a time. After easter hols I would start doing past papers/practice questions and make sure you really know any bits you aren't sure of. In the last run up I'd focus on your weakest points, and don't leave it until the last minute. Don't fall into the trap of putting off revising bits you find particularly hard, you'll end up stuck a day or two before the exam and panic :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Night before works a treat

ReputationRep:
    If there is anything you struggle on (for example, I have real problems with Maths) then you should start revising in March. In April/May, start revising for EVERYTHING. Although if you're already working at A/A* you can take a more relaxed approach for certain subjects.

Do two hours studying/testing at the weekend for bad subjects, 30-minutes to an hour for OK/good subjects. Increase this as the exams get nearer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    I'm starting my revision in the February Half term. I'm going to start by doing small amounts each day and keep building myself up. I aim to get as much of my actual revision done as possible before study leave so that i can spend most of my study leave going over past papers, practising exam techniques etc.

Different people will all suggest different methods though. What may suit one person will not necessarily suit another.

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.