Turn on thread page Beta

Got an interview - haircut and other queries... watch

ReputationRep:
    Got a job interview for a data entry position in Canary Wharf that pays £10 an hour tomorrow.

I have rather long hair, so I figure I'll get it cut, but what is an acceptable length? I don't want it to be super short, and I guess this is the best likeness I can come up with for what I'd like:

Would that be acceptable or is it too long? It's not like the position requires much customer facing as it's just inputting data, but I'd rather get it cut short if it would guarantee the job, I dunno.

Secondly, what sort of attire is typical for these sorts of interviews? Do I need to wear a tie and the full bang? Also, do I have to wear a white shirt or can I wear any colour shirt that looks smart?

Thanks, and sorry if it sounds silly, but I just want to do it right as this is my first interview in months!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say you can get away with most sensible, neat and more professional clothes. You don't necessarily need a tie, but do up your top button if you decide not to wear one. Make sure your shoes are clean too - nothing worse than dirty shoes!

As for your hair, I think that length's fine, but just make sure it's clean and tidy - don't smother it in products either.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    better too smart than too casual for the clothes

ReputationRep:
    Marvellous, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    as long as your hair looks neat it shouldnt matter.

and i'd always always wear a full suit

ReputationRep:
    Well I figured that people make automatic assumptions about people with long hair, and tying it back probably doesn't look sufficiently smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdasta)
    Well I figured that people make automatic assumptions about people with long hair, and tying it back probably doesn't look sufficiently smart.
    Don't tie it back, it looks hideous 99% of the time. Just make sure that it's not obscenely long, and that it's clean and tidy, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'l be getting it cut to the length I pictured.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.