Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Recently my laptop charger packed it in and I had to buy a new charger from PC World urgently at greate expense - however it magically came back to life a week later.

Now I thought I'd have no problem returning the charger as you can return an item withing 14 days (I think 28 days is for faults) now when I worked in a store this was done all the time no questions asked.

PC World won't return my charger because it has to be withing 7 days. I believe this to be wrong - it was not mentioned at the point of sale and there is no indication on the receipt at all that it has a shorter return policy than the usual 14 days.

Has anyone had any dealings with returns through PC World (i've googled but only brings up 28day laptop issues). There website has no mention of the 7 day policy in fact no mention of instore policy at all.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

you could try going straight to the manufacturer?
    what laptop is it?
    • TSR Group Staff

TSR Group Staff
    Unless the item you bought was unfit for purpose, PC World aren't obliged to refund it for you. If it was bought online then you have up to 7 days to return it under distance selling laws, but that's all you get.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.