Turn on thread page Beta

Just had a panic attack because of Facebook watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm still having one actually, literally I know it's a MAJOR over reaction but i feel i can't breathe properly.
    a while ago, i deleted my facebook - ie as well as deactivating it, i deleted all my friends/info etc so i wouldn't feel tempted to quick activate it again to check up on people lol. anyway i reactivated it a couple of days ago but didn't add anyone. however, today when i got home from school i saw i had two notifications, telling me that a random girl had ''commented on [boy i love]'s photo" and then that the boy had commented on his photo aswell.
    if he's not on my friends list, why am i being told this? does it mean he can see my profile or what? if its a pic i myself commented on a while ago when he was on my friends list, could it just be that its notifying me that someone else has commented it too, cos i just thought that only applied when the person was still on your friends list.
    oh god, this is so dramatic for me because a while ago this boy deleted me from facebook and didn't reply to my messages asking him why, despite the fact that a few weeks before he'd basically told me he loved me (and no, wasn't a trick for sex.)

ReputationRep:
    Well I get alerts when people I know comment on people's profiles of whom I've never even heard of. It's just Facebook trying to get you to add more people, that's all.

Really, nothing to panic about.

ReputationRep:
    http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4c..._story_sis.jpg

Seriously though, it's probably just Facebook's interface acting up again.

ReputationRep:
    Breathe into a plastic bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    I'm still having one actually, literally I know it's a MAJOR over reaction but i feel i can't breathe properly.
    a while ago, i deleted my facebook - ie as well as deactivating it, i deleted all my friends/info etc so i wouldn't feel tempted to quick activate it again to check up on people lol. anyway i reactivated it a couple of days ago but didn't add anyone. however, today when i got home from school i saw i had two notifications, telling me that a random girl had ''commented on [boy i love]'s photo" and then that the boy had commented on his photo aswell.
    if he's not on my friends list, why am i being told this? does it mean he can see my profile or what? if its a pic i myself commented on a while ago when he was on my friends list, could it just be that its notifying me that someone else has commented it too, cos i just thought that only applied when the person was still on your friends list.
    oh god, this is so dramatic for me because a while ago this boy deleted me from facebook and didn't reply to my messages asking him why, despite the fact that a few weeks before he'd basically told me he loved me (and no, wasn't a trick for sex.)
    What was it that made you panic? Just seeing her comment on his photo, or his name? My advice would be that if you don't use it any more to just deactivate it and keep it deactivated. Otherwise it will probably just keep sending you notifications to do with him and his profile and it will just make you feel worse. I deactivated mine a few weeks ago and it's so much better, it's like I have my life back again lol. Oh and if he deleted you for no reason and wouldn't tell you why then he isn't worth the hassle, find someone who won't play games with you and who will treat you better. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauram992)
    What was it that made you panic? Just seeing her comment on his photo, or his name? My advice would be that if you don't use it any more to just deactivate it and keep it deactivated. Otherwise it will probably just keep sending you notifications to do with him and his profile and it will just make you feel worse. I deactivated mine a few weeks ago and it's so much better, it's like I have my life back again lol. Oh and if he deleted you for no reason and wouldn't tell you why then he isn't worth the hassle, find someone who won't play games with you and who will treat you better. Good luck
    Yeah, just seeing his name! But thanks, I know I should just keep it deactivated and try and get him out of my head but I've felt this way since the beginning of Year 10 (I'm in Year 12 now) and I just feel like whatever I do I CAN'T get over him!

ReputationRep:
    OP, relax!. Its probably because you had commented on the guys picture in the past and now some other girl has also commented ( along with the guy in question) and facebook has remembered it.

I"m sure everything will be ok (((hugs)))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    Yeah, just seeing his name! But thanks, I know I should just keep it deactivated and try and get him out of my head but I've felt this way since the beginning of Year 10 (I'm in Year 12 now) and I just feel like whatever I do I CAN'T get over him!
    Bless you, I know exactly how you feel. I think the only thing you can do is give it time, I know that isn't what you want to hear right now but there isn't any quick way to get over someone you felt that way about. Go out as much as possible with your friends, do stuff you enjoy, spend time with family. It will all take your mind off it. I've even found school work helps at times! But seriously, facebook is a no no, because whenever you see their name, you get that horrible sick feeling in your stomach. It's up to you but I've found deactivating it to be such a relief. Start as you mean to go on and try to focus on YOU now and YOUR life. From what you've said he isn't worth the drama. Best of luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.