Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Next year, I need to drop a subject, so I can do my A2s (as I cant carry on 4 A2s next year)

Im currently taking, physics, maths, chemistry and geography.

I sturggle with chemistry, so much and I think im loosing patience with it and not puttin the effort into it like I should.

I was then reading a university prospectus, and they like to see maths as a compulsary subject and then either physics or chemistry.

Now, I was planning on dropping chemistry, but aftyer reading this, should I drop geography- a subject that I thoroughly enjoy and am good at for a subject where my heart isnt in it (chemistry)?

Please can I have some suggestions

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Well, what courses are you applying for? Do they require Chemistry, if yes, don't drop it, if no, drop it and do the subjects you enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobG93)
    Well, what courses are you applying for? Do they require Chemistry, if yes, don't drop it, if no, drop it and do the subjects you enjoy.
    Im would like to apply for meteorology

At Reading uni is it not required, but Leeds does meteorology and atmospheic sciences, and chemistry or physics is required

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishkeeper)
    Im would like to apply for meteorology

At Reading uni is it not required, but Leeds does meteorology and atmospheic sciences, and chemistry or physics is required
    if you can cope well with AS chemistry and you think you like it, do continue. but it will get harder if you have sypnotic paper(for chem) next year when it incorporates all the AS and A2 chemistry together in one paper.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 9, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.