The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A lot of people are saying luck.

My parents have had a lot of luck yet we're still poor. :nopity: It's all bad luck so it makes sense. :cry:
Reply 81
I agree that luck and opportunity play an important part.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I dunno, you'll have to search. I still listen to Me and U and Long Way 2 Go, awesome songs :biggrin:

Download Skydiver... it'll have to be illegally though. :wink:
They are awesome songs. She can't really sing but her music is too catchy and underrated.
Reply 83
Ok, take the likes of Alan Sugar and Richard Branson. Neither of them had a particularly childhood, especially Sugar, nor were they very smart academically yet their intelligence in the real world has enabled them to become probably the most successful British entrepreneurs.

That's what you people here on TSR need to learn. Being successful or even having intelligence does not correlate directly to academic success or inherent wealth. Remember that you pretentious fools.
Reply 84
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what about lottery winners?

They are fairly rich and I can't see an argument where you could say they were any better than anyone else who bought a dud ticket that week. This is an extreme example, but is true to a lesser extent in other areas.
Reply 85
I cant be bothered to read back as far as the last time i posted on this thread. Did the OP finally run out of weak, ridiculous excuses to slate poor people? Or is he still going strong?
Reply 86
Has anyone mentioned luck yet?
JW92
Do you really think it's straight men who buy their records?

Hmm, true that. But it's probably straight men hiring them :biggrin:
Reply 88
puma21

lol :wink:
I'll leave my sig to explain my view.
Reply 90
Yes all these sub-human things that aren't good enough to be born into relative wealth or environments conduitive to wealth they should just be eradicated and stop using up the resources that rich people are entitled to!!1 *rage*
puma21

I did in my first post. You're right though, there must be large amounts of people as talented as Beyonce, yet she's the lucky one who got to really live her dream. It's kinda like the X Factor too, a lot of talented people audition, yet most of them are kicked off and never really seen again, whilst Leona Lewis is living it large. Harsh world.

EDIT: Oh sorry, you were being sarcastic there, weren't you? lol at silly me :rolleyes:
Reply 92
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I did in my first post. You're right though, there must be large amounts of people as talented as Beyonce, yet she's the lucky one who got to really live her dream. It's kinda like the X Factor too, a lot of talented people audition, yet most of them are kicked off and never really seen again, whilst Leona Lewis is living it large. Harsh world.

EDIT: Oh sorry, you were being sarcastic there, weren't you? lol at silly me :rolleyes:

I wasn't being sarcastic i just looked over the first page and couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread and just pointed it out myslef.
puma21
I wasn't being sarcastic i just looked over the first page and couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread and just pointed it out myslef.

Oh, alright, it's just that I saw some other posts before yours mentioning luck, but nevermind.
Wardy23
I cant be bothered to read back as far as the last time i posted on this thread. Did the OP finally run out of weak, ridiculous excuses to slate poor people? Or is he still going strong?

stop pretending to be the hero who defends the poor people, like most politicians do, but once they win a seat, they neglect them because they are busy living their high life
DarkWhite
I'll leave my sig to explain my view.

nice:smile:
Reply 96
Media student
stop pretending to be the hero who defends the poor people, like most politicians do, but once they win a seat, they neglect them because they are busy living their high life

I am a poor person. Don't compare me to politicians. Im giving up on this ridiculous thread and the mentally retarded OP.
Reply 97
Yes in answer to the thread topic. Also, if people dont put their ideas in to action when they may be intelligent, I see that as stupid and that the person is not good enough as they are consciously making their life worse than necessary - unless they really don't want to live a wonderful lavish life.
Reply 98
Wealth does not always equate to success. Some of the brightest people in the world work in industries that do not earn the same as top executives and managers, but are still at the top of what they do.
Media student
I mean having a lot of money doesn't come for free does it? you have to be intelligent, clever, hard working etc basically a successful person

So do you believe being non-rich, means you're just not good enough, either you are just lazy, or just lack intelligence

alot of people have good business ideas, but they dont bother to develop or implement them (they just cant be asked)

I know that not everyone is born to be rich, we cant all be rich, life wouldn't work, but it means you have to except that you simply not good enough to be rich, am sorry to say that mate, but you just have to get on with your life

btw, when I say rich I dont mean only businessmen, could be sportsmen, or musicians, or film stars, you may think some of them are dumb, but they are rich for a reason

Are you asking a closed question or making an extremely vague sweeping statement?

And why address us like we all bitterly resent rich people and are looking for someone to blame for whatever reason we're not rich? I don't think the way you worded this post is any better than the ignorant commoner who writes off all media students as dossers who aren't intelligent enough to do a real subject.

Latest