Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    could someone help me here, so i've applied for student finance, and i've been told that i need to give evidence of my parents income. I had sent of their tax credit letters, and now im told i need to fill out a GSA1 form. The prob is, i need to send the letter of asap, or it'll cause a whole bunch of hassle which i can't handle right about now.

my dads self employed (taxi driver), mum doesnt work, and although an accountant can fill out the form, he's to far, and theres not much time to ask him to do it.

Page 3, financial information part has me confused, Where could i find this information? (Eg. Date business started/accounting period / taxable profits/ gross income from savings, investments.

Help please! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It is unavoidable I'm afraid. Tax credits letters are of no use.
    Your parents should be filling out the info on the GSA1 as it relates to their finances and as self employed your dad will either have to send off his tax return from 2008 or get a GSA1 signed by his accountant.

ReputationRep:
    my dad does have an accountant but id much rather fill out the form myself then have to go to his accountant as he;s quite far away, and dad doesnt have the time to visit the accountant.

Ive got his financial statements issued by his accountant, and his tax credit. Quickk ques, do self employed people have the self assesment tax return? I asked my dad but he answered my ques with another ques,

ReputationRep:
    hi again, umm... where would i find my dads gross income from his savings, investments, dividents, or any other taxable resource???

i have his self assesment tax calculation letter, and his financial statement form his accountant.

(only reason im asking is, the gsa1 letter says you can find gross income on the self assesment on the right hand of sheet 3. And the figure there, just doesnt seem right. Help please.

ReputationRep:
    This is why he or the accountant need to do it. You don't understand what's required. For instance what do you mean by just doesn't seem right? You're going to have to get the GSA1 signed by the accountant anyway before you send it.

ReputationRep:
    haha oopsie! Its been a long day!. I understand it now.

I got the paper work mixed up, and ended up looking at the figures showing his self assesment calculations, and not his gross income, which is why i thought it didnt seem right, in terms of the gross income figure seemed too little ( it wasnt the gross income i was looking at) Flippin heck! i need a nap.

Gsa1 is almost done, Phew! most of it didnt apply to my dad, just have section 2 part a to fill and then i can post it.

ReputationRep:
    you going to forge the accountant's signature and company stamp then on the last page of the GSA1?

ReputationRep:
    nope, it says you can fill it out yourself, im filling it in, dads going to check it, see if its all in order, and sign it. Accountant doesnt have to, as on the form it says you can complete section 2 yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, youll' need it when they ask for more evidence then. I went down this route last year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.