Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Need Help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey all

8 months ago i had a counciller then it ended , now today i had an argument with my mum and she didnt like my point of view on a subject , also her boyfriend said hes going to cut the internet off . Now my mum is threatening me with going back to the counciller , i have just started to make some proper friends and now if i go back to counselling i feel that it will ruin my social life because i will be to angry towards counselling to do anything. The result of my anger today was that i broke my door , because apparently there was no need to shout when i already gave my mum an answer couple of times but she didnt like it , so thats £200 coming out of my ema

please can someone help me

ReputationRep:
    you need to sit down and have a think about why you went to such an extreme. why did you go to counselling in the first place- what did you discuss? you need to explain to her that you are still growing out of this problem (whatever it was) and that threating you will make it worse, and you appreciate that you still have issues to deal with but you need her there to support you, not threaten you.

ReputationRep:
    How can she force you to go back to counselling?

I'd speak to her about it. Make sure you don't do anything like that again cos that's probably gonna convince her more that you need to go back.

ReputationRep:
    i do try to speak to her , but seems i have no say in things , and she can force me because im under 18 (17)

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she could do with some counselling! You should tell her that you do have a say in things because you're a young adult and she can't control your life. I don't think age has anything to do with it- no one can force someone to go to counselling, it's supposed to be a voluntary thing. Tell her that if she forced you you wouldn't get anything out of it anyway and if she does force you, get a professional to write something to tell her that there's no point maybe?

ReputationRep:
    @hannah_dru thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome, hope it was helpful

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.