Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am working on a bicycle alarm project and i was looking at one of the circuit on this website. I wanted to know how i can make the wire loop because if it is tied around the bicycle and breaks then the user cannot use the alarm ever again. Also how can the loop be connected and then removed when riding the bike. If anyone has any suggestions please could u let me know. I would really appreciate your help.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry it wasnt this website-but the thing is that i am making a bike alarm in my GCSE Electronics project and i wanted to loop a wire around the bike whell and when that wire broke the alarm would go off. The thing is that if the loop were broken then the user cannot use the alarm again and also how can the loop be removed when riding the bike and connected when u want to set the alarm. I know this sounds kinda wierd but if anyone has any suggestions please post them .
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What about using a lockable metal bike chain? Then some how connect that to the circuit. If the chain breaks the alarm goes off.

PS What you using to make the alarm circuit? op amps?

(Original post by aacharyauk)
    I am working on a bicycle alarm project and i was looking at one of the circuit on this website. I wanted to know how i can make the wire loop because if it is tied around the bicycle and breaks then the user cannot use the alarm ever again. Also how can the loop be connected and then removed when riding the bike. If anyone has any suggestions please could u let me know. I would really appreciate your help.
    god i did this like three years ago, how scary!

anyway i had a current running through the wire/lock part which would go off if cut etc then used a lock and key to turn it on and off

damn that was badly described, so yeah i connected with a normal lock from maplins, god bless maplins

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.