Turn on thread page Beta

Simon Cowell watch

ReputationRep:
    I have to do a podcast about Simon Cowell relating to the concept of celebrity and also to culture,

It would be really useful if you could tell me what you think of him, what impact you think he has on our culture, why he is the way he is (how culture has shaped him), how he has so much power, why he is classed as a celebrity and anything else that i could use

Rep for best answer!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    He's a **** who entertains other ****s. I want him to die, or at least leave my TV screen :ta:

ReputationRep:
    He's hot.

ReputationRep:
    People watch him and so he exists on TV. I don't watch him so I don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemmmy)
    I have to do a podcast about Simon Cowell relating to the concept of celebrity and also to culture,

It would be really useful if you could tell me what you think of him, what impact you think he has on our culture, why he is the way he is (how culture has shaped him), how he has so much power, why he is classed as a celebrity and anything else that i could use

Rep for best answer!
    Thanks
    If it was Cheryl Cole I would have been able to give you the best ever answer! You look like a much more attractive younger version of roxy Mitchell so i'll give you some rep for that. Good luck with the podcast.

ReputationRep:
    He is an evil genius. He knows that British/American people have an insatiable appetite for crap, vacuous TV/rubbish cheesy music and milks this for all it's worth.

ReputationRep:
    Dam, that sounds like a really really dull project. They should give you less of a specific task so you can pick a real influence on culture, be tbh hes made no more than a dent.

ReputationRep:
    He has replaced god in the eyes of young children and is more powerful and than Gordon Brown. /thread

ReputationRep:
    Although many people dislike him he has managed to start a new, worldwide, phenomenon of talent shows. There have been countless success stories because of him and he has managed to make many people's dreams come true. He has also managed to show that it is possible to become famous if you have an actual talent.

I think that our culture has showed him that he is very successful and has probably caused him to have such a large ego. As for why he is a celebrity, he is probably not the best manager (or whatever he is) but he has found a niche in the music industry and fully exploited it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELN)
    If it was Cheryl Cole I would have been able to give you the best ever answer! You look like a much more attractive younger version of roxy Mitchell so i'll give you some rep for that. Good luck with the podcast.
    Haha I have been told that before, but really don't see it myself :p:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    He is a Myth.

ReputationRep:
    I thank him for producing one of my fav shows (TXF)

I also thank him for discovering Leona Lewis!

(Original post by pamelaa)
    He's hot.
    You Mad.

ReputationRep:
    Who is Simon Cowell?

ReputationRep:
    Marmite, you either love or hate him.

ReputationRep:
    anyone in the public eye and who is successful is likely to receive a considerable amount of flask - simon cowell is no different

i find it admirable able to rise through the ranks and its clear to see he had talent which noone can deny

another thing is that he has remained relatively free of scandal which is hard to see of many of others within the public eye

last of all i think he has character and personality which i find refreshing given the relatively dour personalities of fellow judges cheryl and danni. regardless of them being gash, they lack simon's quick wit and humour - he makes good tv and good music

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand him. Thanks to shows like the x-Factor music has been held back several years as musicians aren't encouraged to use instruments or write their own music but just to use old songs.

ReputationRep:
    Although I am not a fan of him; he is a clever businessman/music mogul (£££ :p: ).

Leona Lewis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    He's hot.
    This. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    He rules over the UK top 10 singles. I recall at one point that 8/10 songs in the top 10 were either X factor past winners, X factor runner-ups, current X factor finalists, or the judges! It's crazy. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.