Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Do the questions change from year to year? If i started filling out 2010 could I use those answers for 2011?

Thanks

JT80

ReputationRep:
    No the things like grades and personal details will stay almost completely the same. But you should wait anyway, as situations change and to fill in grades and personal details only takes 10-15 minutes anyway.

If you want to get ahead, start thinking of things to write in your PS and concentrate on getting the best possible grades this year.

ReputationRep:
    No. Registrations for 2010/2011 will open on UCAS when they announce it. Questions may be added or changed, but the general idea is the same.

ReputationRep:
    The questions never change on the UCAS Application. You'll need to write a new personal statement if you're reapplying though, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Don't start to fill it in yet, the questions won't change so you can mentally answer them, but you'll only be able to make an application for next year from September onwards so if you start actually filling it in now then you will just need to start all over again in September. You can however start thinking about what you might include in your PS and ensuring that you have a range of experiences to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Don't start to fill it in yet, the questions won't change so you can mentally answer them, but you'll only be able to make an application for next year from September onwards so if you start actually filling it in now then you will just need to start all over again in September. You can however start thinking about what you might include in your PS and ensuring that you have a range of experiences to talk about.
    While I would advise the OP to just start thinking about the questions and writing them, it's not strictly true that you need to start over. When I started apply this year, it found my application from last year and copied over most of the personal details (sections 1 + 2), but not the grades/qualifications taken.

OP: You could start one this year, just to see what the questions are, but your time would be better spent revising for exams, visiting possible universities and working on your personal statement!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.