Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my school is offering cgp science revision books for £2.75 each. I dont know but do you think i need the three cgp workbooks, and the revision guides. Or shall i just get the revision guides.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    revision guides are enough, but if you feel you might need the workbooks, by all means, get them

ReputationRep:
    forget books, use bitesize, i did and got A's and A*'s

ReputationRep:
    Why not get them both, I have. They're quite helpful

ReputationRep:
    Oh CGP are fantastic! Definitely go for them, especially since that's a really good price. I found the revision guides were enough, but you may find the workbooks useful, I don't know.

As for the poster above, Bitesize is sometimes useful but don't cover all topics for all exam boards. Mine was a really obscure one and everything I needed was in CGP

edit: the poster above the poster above

ReputationRep:
    CGP are awesome for GCSE. I never got the workbooks, only the revision guides, but both together doesn't sound too bad to me!

ReputationRep:
    I would get both, especially for that price!

ReputationRep:
    Your school sells the CGP books to students??
    That is unbelieavble because in my school, they give it to students for free and then after the exams we can keep them.
    But still buy the books because the CGP books are really helpful and they have less sophisticated vocab so it'll be easy to read

ReputationRep:
    definitely get the revision guides, they're really useful for reminding yourself of everything. but my top tip, and it got me lots of A*s at GCSE, is to write your own questions. do this early on in revision, using the revision guides and everything else to help you, and then go through and answer them the week before the exam. leave yourself enough time to revise anything you got wrong again.

seriously, if you can write questions and then answer them correctly you've got it sorted.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.