Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would I be able to get my boob job on the NHS? watch

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm a 32DD but I have quite wide hips, and therefore it doesn't accentuate my boobs as much as I'd like it too and would like to have a breast enhancement. I looked into costs, but there's no way that a) I could afford it, and b) are going to save up and wait that long. I was thinking, if I was to go to my GP and pretend I've become suicidal over it due to it severely affecting my self-esteem, would I be able to get it done on the NHS? I read something a while ago about a woman in the 7/7 bombings who got facial reconstructive surgery for free afterwards, as it 'affected her sense of self-worth'. If I was to pretend the same thing, would I be able to have the same done?

I only want to go up a couple of cup sizes, and my parents have always paid their taxes, so do you think I stand a reasonable chance? I'm happy to sit there and cry and pretend that my life won't be worth living if I can't have it done.

ReputationRep:
    You had better be a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully not.

ReputationRep:
    You won't get good reactions here by saying that OP...

32DD is already more than enough boob!

ReputationRep:
    don't be such a ****.

ReputationRep:
    32dd is more than enough why would you need to go any bigger?

ReputationRep:
    Oh lordy...

ReputationRep:
    You have to be a troll.
    I doubt you could fake being suicidal.

Go meet someone who's just been denied cancer drugs because the NHS can't afford it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a troll.

ReputationRep:
    New poster, first post ever is obviously controversial
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...an/trollin.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Troll or no, OP is an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmoreader)
    At the moment I'm a 32DD but I have quite wide hips, and therefore it doesn't accentuate my boobs as much as I'd like it too and would like to have a breast enhancement. I looked into costs, but there's no way that a) I could afford it, and b) are going to save up and wait that long. I was thinking, if I was to go to my GP and pretend I've become suicidal over it due to it severely affecting my self-esteem, would I be able to get it done on the NHS? I read something a while ago about a woman in the 7/7 bombings who got facial reconstructive surgery for free afterwards, as it 'affected her sense of self-worth'. If I was to pretend the same thing, would I be able to have the same done?

I only want to go up a couple of cup sizes, and my parents have always paid their taxes, so do you think I stand a reasonable chance? I'm happy to sit there and cry and pretend that my life won't be worth living if I can't have it done.
    Let's see. People's taxes to pay for some tart who isn't happy with her chest size.
    Go steal someone else's money. Not a chance in hell you could fake it. Why are people called Jessica generally bad people?

ReputationRep:
    You're a moron
    TROLLLLLL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Let's see. People's taxes to pay for some tart who isn't happy with her chest size.
    Go steal someone else's money. Not a chance in hell you could fake it. Why are people called Jessica generally bad people?
    :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmoreader)
    I read something a while ago about a woman in the 7/7 bombings who got facial reconstructive surgery for free afterwards, as it 'affected her sense of self-worth'. If I was to pretend the same thing, would I be able to have the same done?
    Oh dear lord, please tell me you're kidding. It's one thing trying to scam the NHS, it's another to compare wanting even bigger boobs to someone having their face blown off.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you dare compare yourself to someone that got their face blown off in a tragic terrorist accident, that affected millions of people, you sad, pathetic, insecure woman.

i do not think you are going to be able to convince a doctor that you are so down about your breasts that you cannot function unless you are 'two sizes bigger'.

it will be very apparent to your GP that is entirely about VANITY, and little else, because you already have large boobs.

even if you do convince your GP that you are suicidal about your breasts, they will probably refer you to councelling.

finally, i don't think you're a troll, just incredibly sad.

ReputationRep:
    wow. as if the NHS isn't struggling enough as it is financially without tw*ts like you trying to manipulate it. 20 years down the line and you'll be back with chronic back pain, begging the NHS to give you a reduction.

If you can't afford it, dont have it. Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    you're a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    32dd is more than enough why would you need to go any bigger?
    I have very feminine hips though so they're not as accentuated as I'd like them to be.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.