Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would I be able to get my boob job on the NHS? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Don't you dare compare yourself to someone that got their face blown off in a tragic terrorist accident, that affected millions of people, you sad, pathetic, insecure woman.
    LOOOOL at your sig :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Best be trollin'.

ReputationRep:
    I hope not.

ReputationRep:
    Just wow.
    I hope it is a :troll: otherwise I'd be a bit worried.

ReputationRep:
    I'll ring NHS direct in a bit and see what they say. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    You make me sick. The world shall be redeemed when the light leaves your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmoreader)
    I have very feminine hips though so they're not as accentuated as I'd like them to be.
    Show me your figure, I shall give you impartial advice as a gay man.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm a 32DD but I have quite wide hips, and therefore it doesn't accentuate my boobs as much as I'd like it too and would like to have a breast enhancement. I looked into costs, but there's no way that a) I could afford it, and b) are going to save up and wait that long. I was thinking, if I was to go to my GP and pretend I've become suicidal over it due to it severely affecting my self-esteem, would I be able to get it done on the NHS? I read something a while ago about a woman in the 7/7 bombings who got facial reconstructive surgery for free afterwards, as it 'affected her sense of self-worth'. If I was to pretend the same thing, would I be able to have the same done?

I only want to go up a couple of cup sizes, and my parents have always paid their taxes, so do you think I stand a reasonable chance? I'm happy to sit there and cry and pretend that my life won't be worth living if I can't have it done.
    Troll or no, you make me sick.

How dare you even joke about something like this. There are thousands of people with life threatening illnesses, injuries and conditions that deserve far more than they are given. There are also people who have REAL reasons to be insecure and unhappy with their bodies and you make it sounds like a joke.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh romford

ReputationRep:
    Noooo !!!
    NHS will only do brest reductions if the size of your boobs is causing you problems such as severe back ache.

Dont be so ungratefull ! I'd kill for my A's to be DD's

ReputationRep:
    You know what, there is times in every woman's life where they go 'Hmm i would like them a little bigger or smaller' and if your serious about surgery most people save up and pay for it themselves. What you should consider is why should the national health service pay for an operation that is purely for cosmetic reasons and not medical? It'd open up a whole group of young insecure girls wanting to do exactly the same thing and NHS money is streched to the brink as it is.

So I think its best that if you want this you pay for it yourself because I'm pretty certain the NHS wont allow it and if they do I hope you can live with knowing that money could of been spent on drugs for terminally ill patients who cant afford private healh care.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that's like an attempt to steal. You want your boobs look better and the taxpayer to pay for it. This isn't going to work, young lady.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    I'd say that's like an attempt to steal. You want your boobs look better and the taxpayer to pay for it. This isn't going to work, young lady.
    Love the use of the young lady!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure your doctor will give you a little more than a boobjob, as long as we don't have to pay for that either.

Boobs aren't to your liking? Tough ****. The tax payer should never need to pay for such a nonsensical thing.
    You'd do well to look for a good job and save young miss. Impulse spending is not the way to go :top:

ReputationRep:
    It's cosmetic. Obviously not.

ReputationRep:
    I have very feminine hips though so they're not as accentuated as I'd like them to be.
    Hopefully not. The NHS is on a tight enough budget without ******** like you cramming up the budget. I need braces but they wont give me them, because there's crap like this being done.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're a troll. If you're not, then don't be such a selfish b*tch. There's people who can't get the best treatment to reduce their REAL suffering because the NHS don't have enough money to pay for it, and you would take money and resources away from them just for your own vanity.

Nearly everyone has something they would like to change about their appearance, what makes you think you deserve it for free, and at the expense of others?

ReputationRep:
    What the ****?

This has got to be some kind of sick practical joke.
    Unless you have pics?

ReputationRep:
    How about you get over the "pressures of being a lady" OP? Sounds like you're the one with issues if you think you need a boob job for all the things you stated in another thread. Some of us aren't as lucky in the boob department so learn to appreciate what you've got.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.