Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i went on the mini pill cerazette about 6 months ago and on the 4th month i started my period and i have been on a period for 47 days!!! I am sick of it, i was expecting irregular periods but not ones that lasts forever. I was talking to my friends and they said that they had the same problems and had more time on their period than they did off it. I originally went on cerazette to reduce my heavy periods and possibly stop them. I am unsure whether to wait it out and hope it stops or to go back to the doctor. Also is there anyone who has experience on the injection.. do you get the same problems because i have a friend who was on it for 2 years and had no periods at all, and this would suit me completely.
    Thanks for your help, any contraceptive suggestions would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Protection-wise the injection is better. It's been 6 months which is usually the time that periods stop drastically changing.

Don't know abiout the injection until you try it; My gf went on it and had an everlasting period. Then she went on Cerazette and has hardly any.

To be honest you can get the same side effect with the injection as well as the implant (I currently have the implant and have had a light period for 5 weeks now).
    I think there is a pill that has the same ingredients as the injection, maybe you can ask to change to it to see how well your body reacts to the ingredients?
    If it's bothering you, go to the doctors, I'm sure they can suggest something for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlesoup)
    Hi i went on the mini pill cerazette about 6 months ago and on the 4th month i started my period and i have been on a period for 47 days!!! I am sick of it, i was expecting irregular periods but not ones that lasts forever. I was talking to my friends and they said that they had the same problems and had more time on their period than they did off it. I originally went on cerazette to reduce my heavy periods and possibly stop them. I am unsure whether to wait it out and hope it stops or to go back to the doctor. Also is there anyone who has experience on the injection.. do you get the same problems because i have a friend who was on it for 2 years and had no periods at all, and this would suit me completely.
    Cerazette and the injection are the same thing but one's in tablet form one is in injection form, the reason your friends have had different experiences to you is that it effects everyone differently. I'm on cerazette, started it at the end of September last year and it's cleared my skin almost completely up, stopped my periods (haven't had one whilst on it) and also i haven't gained weight on it, i've actually lost weight but i'm not sure if the last is because of the pill or not.

You won't know what's better for you until you try each of the options, as no one can say for any certainity how it would effect you personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlesoup)
    I've been on the injection for 4 years now (with a 6 month break on pill) and my periods stopped completley and came straight back when I was on the pill. I find the injection much more convinient and have had no real problems with it.

ReputationRep:
    GAH! Cerazette is gay. I went on the pill to have lots and lots of sex - what do I get? Periods all the bloody time!
    Isn't the implant the same hormone as the injection and cerazette? I need something different as well
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Anything is better than Cerazette. I went on it, it turned me into an emotional wreck (I would burst into tears on a daily basis and shouted/stressed at people constantly) which really messed me up, so have moved onto Cilest and already improved after only 4 days on it

ReputationRep:
    I changed from the pill to the injection a few years ago and was on it for just over 9 months - it was pretty much a nightmare: constant periods.

In the end I was prompted to come off it by the nurse at my family planning clinic because they'd found evidence that long term use could cause Brittle Bone Disease :s

I'm on the implant now and have been for nearly 3 years and it's brilliant, I'd recommend it
    Everyones different so it may suit you but once you have the injection you're stuck with it for 3 months so if you have any bad side effects you're gutted really, but you can take out an implant whenever.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. How often do you have the injection? I'm on Cerazette, Im not a MASSIVE fan because it seems to have coincided with baaad headaches and moodswings and horrible things! But I like not having a period...

ReputationRep:
    I was on cerazette...4 months of constant bleeding, joy. I loved it otherwsie though =[
    If you're not happy, just change it. I was told not to bother with the injection or implant because cerazette didn't suit me...
    on cilest now which is lovely =] was on marvelon between, which sent me psycho.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.