Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be put off a girl that says she has "Trust issues"? watch

ReputationRep:
    Question is in the title.

yes or no .. and why?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd say I fall into this category, and so if she is the same as me, then she'd purely mean something along the lines of she's been hurt before and is thus terrified of it happening again. The right person will bring any walls you build up down with time, so it's definitely not something to be put off by if you like them enough.

ReputationRep:
    yeah true

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm the same, major trust issues. i've completely built up walls around myself, and only the right person could gently take them down. she'll be the same. and if you say to her that you're put off by her trust issues she'll instantly forget about you. and you'll be just another shallow person who doesn't care or bother.

ReputationRep:
    i would have said no in the past. but due to one relationship after another with girls with trust issues... i'd quite like to be with someone without them now.

it really depends how bad they are, one of my ex's hardly opened up to me at all and just found it literally impossible to let me in (or anyone else in, she's built a proper fortress around herself). which i put up with as i assumed it would get better in time. but it had knock on effects to other parts of our relationship which pretty much doomed it

ReputationRep:
    btw..im a girl :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wouldn't bother me at all. I'd probably think it was sweet. My ex was very much like that. I still like her and miss her.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I would have a big issue with that and would steer clear of it with a 10ft barge pole. She was convinced I cheated on her when I could never do that to a girl as it happened to me.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'd see it as a challenge to win her trust.

ReputationRep:
    I think most people will have trust issues by a certain age, it's inevitable. I mostly definitely do too. However it would put me off if they didn't even want to try opening up. I'm not very good with persisting through emotional barriers... I would probably give up. Luckily, I have found someone who deals happily with mine

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who would explicitly advertise that fact to somebody they're interested in is pretty much just giving you advance warning that she's going to treat you like a ****.

ReputationRep:
    No I'd feel the complete opposite actually, I'd rather like it :yep:
    If I'm honest she'd be foolish to trust in me anyway, and I've never trusted any of the girlfriends I've had so it's no problem for me.

The way I see it, those that innocently trust their partners are just all the more vulnerable to getting hurt if the trust is broken. Those that don't fully trust are always on their feet trying to keep on top of things, so if something does happen it just confirms their suspicions in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    not really..just treat her right and take it slow..

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think I'd warm to someone who is honest enough to lay their insecurities out there and then I'd do everything I could to earn their trust if I cared about them. I have trust issues, I think a lot of people do and for different reasons so it wouldn't be a big deal to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrkn)
    Anybody who would explicitly advertise that fact to somebody they're interested in is pretty much just giving you advance warning that she's going to treat you like a ****.
    I'm a laydee, but... QFT.

ReputationRep:
    What and miss out on all the fun of having a fight everytime I talk to another girl. Thats crazy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl, but when my friends use that excuse on guys who actually really like them I sometimes want to knock some sense into them.
    This is because( and this is with girls I know only), they generally only say this to guys they have lost interest in.

ReputationRep:
    in what sense, OP? and how severe?
    I'd avoid using the phrase "trust issues".

ReputationRep:
    Prove her wrong and show her you are.

ReputationRep:
    Girls with trust issues clearly have a reason for having them, and its usually valid reasons but when a girl has trust issues for stupid reasons like "omg because I'm scared I'll cheat on you",then that is usually when I don't give a rats ass about them.

Whenever it is for dumb reasons, I just move on and let them live in their little bubble and enjoy themselves. Only the ones who have good reasons are the ones I would take it slow with because you know you have someone special worth doing it for most of the time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.