Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kookabura)
    I seemed to get my Liverpool questionaire late, deadline for it off 8th feb, which seemed much later than everyone else on here.

I got an interview date via email on friday, of the 24th march. The email says about confirming attendance and to be aware that it is the last interview date, so I am unable to rearrange it to later.

So dunno what they are doing between 3rd march and 24th march!!
    Welll my liverpool interview is on the 10th March! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    are you going to start applying now? i dont know whether i should apply now or apply after i get rejected for definite:confused:
    I'm not going to start applying yet, I'm just trying to research where I actually will be able to get work experience and maybe establish contact. We will all know in a month now, so then I'll start definitely booking things. I'm definitely going to Malaysia this summer, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I'm not going to start applying yet, I'm just trying to research where I actually will be able to get work experience and maybe establish contact. We will all know in a month now, so then I'll start definitely booking things. I'm definitely going to Malaysia this summer, though
    oo malaysia, I'd love to go there! My parents say it's their fav place they've ever been to. I'm going to Australia in 2 weeks 6 days neeed to start packing!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I was going to try and get the 2000th, and then I was so excited that Canada won I forgot!

Steph, good for you on going to Malaysia! It sounds incredible, I am very jealous! I am going to find out either way by Friday I reckon, whether or not I am going to vet school this year, so if not I can then step on it and organise large animal work ex, another couple of weeks dairy, zoo, vet lab and abbatoir. If I do get into Bristol I am still going back to my dairy farm though, I loved it and learnt so much, I can't wait to go back!

ReputationRep:
    3 days

ReputationRep:
    notts still havnt updated my track to say ive been rejected.... i wish theyd hurry up otherwise i'll get to scared thinking its liv that have updated it
    no lambing for me nobody round here is lambing in march really and i've got various other things going on so its hard to book anything
    it does mean i'll be going to uni with no lambing experience o god!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    3 days
    i know!! 2 days for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    notts still havnt updated my track to say ive been rejected.... i wish theyd hurry up otherwise i'll get to scared thinking its liv that have updated it
    no lambing for me nobody round here is lambing in march really and i've got various other things going on so its hard to book anything
    it does mean i'll be going to uni with no lambing experience o god!
    I withdrew from notts so it looks better on my track with a withdraw rather than another unsuccessful haha

ReputationRep:
    haddie I am well jelous of you going to ozzy land!!! My brother went there for a whole year, and didnt tell us when he was back, remember walking into the kitchen and there was like an ozzy hat, a kngaroo and shizzle there, and as think as I am I just said "mum why the hell have you bought a hat with corks dangling down?" :o:
    15 days till I'm going back home ( but I've been invited back to help out with shearing, can not wait ill I get to go on the beer with the shearers) haa

ReputationRep:
    So many more pages since i've last been on!! Yesterday was amazing, (apart from the score, lol!), if anything, i love Villa more, if that was ever possible. It has to be said, Man U fans are actually awful.

Also, people talking about numbers for bristol, this is quoted straight from my feedback email from Lynda Moore.

'We probably have about 50-60 exceptional students from the 1500 applications, so you should be very proud of yourself.'

So from that, that leaves 150ish offers for those on hold. Increasing the odds considerably , but who knows, its all a guessing game.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, Biology mock was laughable. I think I made a pretty good stab at every question, but we will see.

Two days for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckybob)
    So many more pages since i've last been on!! Yesterday was amazing, (apart from the score, lol!), if anything, i love Villa more, if that was ever possible. It has to be said, Man U fans are actually awful.

Also, people talking about numbers for bristol, this is quoted straight from my feedback email from Lynda Moore.

'We probably have about 50-60 exceptional students from the 1500 applications, so you should be very proud of yourself.'

So from that, that leaves 150ish offers for those on hold. Increasing the odds considerably , but who knows, its all a guessing game.
    you got feedback from bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    you got feedback from bristol?
    Yeh. I emailed and asked the day after my offer, because Tony mentioned how she'd told him his feedback on the phone, but i was that excited/thinking one million things at the time, I didn't think to ask. I thought it would be quite useful to know, so emailed just saying thank you and asked what my feedback was, and she sent an email back the day after. It was good, detailed, not generic x

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering withdrawing from Notts, because they still haven't put my rejection on track. I'd rather just have it over and done with!

ReputationRep:
    Thank god, no post for me today.... There was a nasty looking brown envolope but it was only my report =s phew!

ReputationRep:
    interesting times at the vets today.. we had a staffie come in with the owner saying she 'thought he had a bit of a tummy ache'. vet did a palpation - could feel a massive lump, then the ex lap and oh my god, the most horrendous, disgusting tumour you could ever imagine. was attached to the spleen and as he was trying to get it out, it burst everywhere, blood sprayed all over his shirt and the walls and bits of tumour went everywhere eurghh. but yeah definitely in my top 3 of cool surgeries and i've got some really gruesome photos as well lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    interesting times at the vets today.. we had a staffie come in with the owner saying she 'thought he had a bit of a tummy ache'. vet did a palpation - could feel a massive lump, then the ex lap and oh my god, the most horrendous, disgusting tumour you could ever imagine. was attached to the spleen and as he was trying to get it out, it burst everywhere, blood sprayed all over his shirt and the walls and bits of tumour went everywhere eurghh. but yeah definitely in my top 3 of cool surgeries and i've got some really gruesome photos as well lol
    Ew. Was it biopsyed/malignant? And did the dog actually get through that surgery okay?!

Sounds fun to watch, yet horribly gory!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    Ew. Was it biopsyed/malignant? And did the dog actually get through that surgery okay?!

Sounds fun to watch, yet horribly gory!
    we've sent some bits of it off to the lab so will get the results of that pretty soon. yeah it made it through the surgery (miraculously!) but is still really critical, vet reckons it's 50-50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    I take it they removed the spleen? I've seen a few splenectomies and they were awesome. Was it malignant? Haemangiosarcoma? I don't know, haemangiosarcoma is much more common in larger breeds. It's quite unusual for a staff, really. I did see a splenectomy on a staffie once, but it was hit by a car and bleeding internally, so it wasn't a tumour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllyH)
    You have to options.
    The first, better option is to get the train to East Midlands Parkway station which is only a few minutes away from SB, and then get a taxi from there to SB. If you're already booked a ticket to nottingham, I'm sure it won't cost much more to get a train from Nottingham main station to East Midlands Parkway.

Otherwise, the harder option is to get the train to Nottingham station. Then get a bus or taxi to main campus and then from main campus get the free hopper bus from main campus to SB. You would want to catch the bus from the bus stops on the road from the east entrance to the main Portland building. (http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/do...gtonhopper.pdf)
    Do you know which taxi service is the cheapest one?

The interview's on wednsday, I booked a train to Nottingham train station and I have to change once, then a train from there to East Midlands Parkway station, then I want to book a taxi from there. Dx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.