Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    umm...just realised I have thought too much about ethical type questions...sort of forget that and have got a bit hung up on sciency stuff.

fell asleep on my lunch break today at the sheep farm, whilst trying to read through some notes....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    me and starfall are doing camp america!!!
    so excited but i'm missing the golden shears at the royal welsh show lmfao!
    Where have you been placed? What role? I really like the look of it, actually. All this gap year stuff is definitely appealing now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Where have you been placed? What role? I really like the look of it, actually. All this gap year stuff is definitely appealing now.
    This! I am so much more positive about the whole thing now. I want to get into Bristol though! But I have lots of ideas of things to do and work ex to get on gap year, so it wouldn't be the end of the world at all.

ReputationRep:
    Ello Whats new?

I've only been waiting for 5 days and i'm already tired... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    This! I am so much more positive about the whole thing now. I want to get into Bristol though! But I have lots of ideas of things to do and work ex to get on gap year, so it wouldn't be the end of the world at all.
    Hey Hows Bristol Prep going? You have an interview on 3rd right?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been asked anything ethical at all

ReputationRep:
    Yep, interview on Wednesday. This week is so hectic, it isn't fun! I have mocks today and tomorrow, tomorrow is my birthday, interview on Wednesday! Bristol prep is alright, I am worried they might grill me on science or work ex knowledge though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Yep, interview on Wednesday. This week is so hectic, it isn't fun! I have mocks today and tomorrow, tomorrow is my birthday, interview on Wednesday! Bristol prep is alright, I am worried they might grill me on science or work ex knowledge though
    :o: It seems they have a thing for grilling people. I think there is also a large element of luck involved. It depends who you are interviewed by, and what questions happen to come up. Seems they vary so much on here.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry , be happy

says me who is actually getting nervous already and im VERY fed up with bristol, lets hope i get into ed so i can withdraw before they reject me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    Which vet school u going to?
    Glasgow's my firm and edinburgh's my backup.
    Got conditional tho.

You???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    woo congrats LDVet

can anyone help me out, to avoid me sounding stupid if i mention it at interview, is Johne's disease pronounced "Yo-nees" disease? :P
    seriously? i always assumed it was pronouned as its written, like Jones, or Joans.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh oaktrees, if u keep finding new diseases you will go on FOREVER, just stick to the most important and the things u have seen, im starting to panic about edinburgh i really want to go there now, and technically i SHOULD be able to get an offer if i dont **** it up!
    Dont panic!!!

I found edinburgh soooooo much easier than glasgow interview. In the glasgow 1 kept feeling on edge coz seemed to easy.

My edinburgh interview was very experience based and also a bit of problem solving.
    They were lovely too. The statue in the waiting room is a bit freaky tho, n i had huge walk from waiting room to interview room which felt a bit silly.

But anyhoooo, just relax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cap'n Ruby)
    Dont panic!!!

I found edinburgh soooooo much easier than glasgow interview. In the glasgow 1 kept feeling on edge coz seemed to easy.

My edinburgh interview was very experience based and also a bit of problem solving.
    They were lovely too. The statue in the waiting room is a bit freaky tho, n i had huge walk from waiting room to interview room which felt a bit silly.

But anyhoooo, just relax
    aww thanks my glasgow interview was loverly, they asked me about all the things i LOVE to talk about and the things i new really well, dont no if it was just luck or they chose the bits in my personal statement that id made sound most interesting. How come uve chosen glasgow over edinburgh out of interest?
    i really need to chill out, i just hope it goes well, but i guess it would be sods law that my fav uni ask really horrible Q's, i muck it up and get rejected:hmmm:
    must.relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Nervous? :o:
    A lot, since I want this so much.
    Not a lot, since it's Nottingham, I've been there before and I love it incredibly.

You? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    seriously? i always assumed it was pronouned as its written, like Jones, or Joans.
    i've always heard it pronounced sounding like a 'y' at the front, and "Yo-nees" is how blacks dictionary says to pronounce it as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzywoo)
    hey,

has anyone heard bk from nottingham interviews yet? i know they said march sometime for replies but i've already heard some people with offers and refjections. I cant wait any longer
    I'm still waiting to hear from notts aswell ...

ATM I think hearing nothing is alright thou as some rejections have gone out. I know some have for my interview day ne way, that was the first feb one.

We all have to stay positive =)

Does anyone know if all notts offers are made over the phone or are some made by letter or email or track?????? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    havnt been placed yet :/ i want to coach hockey...my availability date is real late coz of my maths exam which is gayyy
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    A lot, since I want this so much.
    Not a lot, since it's Nottingham, I've been there before and I love it incredibly.

You? xD
    I love nottingham too . Errr, Its my last interview, so I'm knowing sorta what to expect, so not as nervous, but still very nervous.

ReputationRep:
    must.relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sure you'll do great!! Good luck!

And good luck everyone else with interviews in the next few days!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    I love nottingham too . Errr, Its my last interview, so I'm knowing sorta what to expect, so not as nervous, but still very nervous.
    Wow, your A level grades are impressive. I thought they'd be interviewing those with lower once to give them more chance. But there's loads of other factors they take into consideration as well, I know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.