Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    Haddie, you know how you're going to Australia (I hope it's you anyway, else I'll feel like an idiot :p:) how did you go about organising that? Thinking along similar lines for a few months next year

Just got an email back from McDonalds (how desperate I am, applied for a job there) and apparently I am unsuitable:cool: What the hell am I doing wrong with everything?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    no horsey qualifications at all, just years ov helping at a stables and never really done much in the way of childcare, i just kinda hadd to big up what I had done, talk about how rewarding I found it helping the kids at the stables and stuff
    if you want i can send you the pdf version of my application so you can look at part of it
    Yeah, that would be really useful, I'll message you on facebook with my email address
    Did you get a reference from your stables or anything? Because that's my issue, I fell out with the people who owned the stables I worked at and never managed to get a reference. I suppose I could get a reference from my riding instructor or something, but I doubt that would count. Oh well, I'll worry about it at a later date :p:

It's so strange, I was so anti a gap year, now it sounds great. The only thing I dislike about the idea is the thought of having to go through the application process again D;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    Urgh, my friend got ema because her parents are split and her mum who she lived with didn't earn alot, but her dad is like loaded and she goes on holiday to mega exotic places like mauritus like twice a year. Not fair
    SNAP
    my mate went to LA last year for 2 weeks, and goes skiing to corcheval every year (corcheval is the best place ever, even beckham has a challet there :p:) and her mum told her if she wanted a gap year, shed pay her to go around the world! and she gets EMA, saved it all, and now has like loads for uni, only she doesnt use it, coz her mum lives in cardiff and therefore buys all her clothes and everything!
    but she told me she'd rather have none of this and have her mum and dad not split up...which is understandable!

is tomorrow the last liv interview date for Undergrads?!!

I am GUTTED, n-dubz are playing in Wakestock this year, but I'll be in America, I love them :love: I've called my pet lambs Dappy and Fazer, and I get to take them home with me

STARFALL...you going to Canada first?
    I was ment to go there to a vets for 3 weeks..but maths exam clash

ReputationRep:
    My ex wants to be an accoutant he applied for accountancy at uni and then realised it's a complete waste of time! He doing it through working up in a company that pay for him to do his accountancy exams and now earns 21k after a year and a half rather than being in huge amounts of debt! Makes sense to me!

ReputationRep:
    :birthday: Oaktrees
    :ymca:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    STARFALL...you going to Canada first?
    I was ment to go there to a vets for 3 weeks..but maths exam clash
    Yep :ahee: im so excited!!! only just booked it but im going to work at a huuuuuge fancy stables out there for a month

ReputationRep:
    just realised its been exactly 11 weeks since my rvc interview - im so fed up of waiting, i get annoyed with myself about how i messed it up everyday now that its the only chance i have left for vet school this year

but realistically surely they dont need 15 weeks to decide that im not good enough :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have their RVC interviews today? Saw some nervous looking people! :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    just realised its been exactly 11 weeks since my rvc interview - im so fed up of waiting, i get annoyed with myself about how i messed it up everyday now that its the only chance i have left for vet school this year

but realistically surely they dont need 15 weeks to decide that im not good enough :confused:
    Mmm they leave most decisions until the mid - end of march I believe, if you've had an interview.. o.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    Mmm they leave most decisions until the mid - end of march I believe, if you've had an interview.. o.o
    i know, im just very impatient - if i am going to end up on a gap year i would at least like to be able to start planning it as i hate the fact that everything is kind of 'in limbo' and i have no idea what im doing last year

ReputationRep:
    Guys: I'm 18!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Thank you for all the birthday messages! And thank you Rachy for the luck tomorrow, I think I might need it! If anyone has any last minute Bristol tips they feel like sharing, send them my way! I would get involved in the EMA discussion but I have missed most of it so nevermind!

ReputationRep:
    Whoo! I guess with the interview you aren't going out tonight, but have fun when you do. And good luck tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Guys: I'm 18!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Thank you for all the birthday messages! And thank you Rachy for the luck tomorrow, I think I might need it! If anyone has any last minute Bristol tips they feel like sharing, send them my way! I would get involved in the EMA discussion but I have missed most of it so nevermind!
    :party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :party:

and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    that was exactly my view betwwen both, the ppl in Ed were all a bit snobish, especially the students who studied the other courses. But it's a city with a lush hill in the middle, awesome place to go cycling or for a jog lols. Glasgow felt a lot more like home (even though it's like 100x bigger) we got lost trying to find QM halls, and this guy just came up to us and said "you look lost where you heading to?" and told us the bus number and which station to get off at and everything. But the gym in both of them was like WOW!!!
    Exactly!!!

Glasgow's very much like my home city too. And the gyms are so cool!!! Can't wait im soooo excited.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    i know, im just very impatient - if i am going to end up on a gap year i would at least like to be able to start planning it as i hate the fact that everything is kind of 'in limbo' and i have no idea what im doing last year
    Telllll me about it!
    I'm a graduate app, doing my BSc at the rvc. I am living in potters bar (near HH campus) with friends.

We need to make a decision on the house at the start of june, and I don't find out til end of march. and then I don't even know if i want to stay in potters bar, or move back to camden.. if i do get a place!

AND then theres getting my 2.1! hah.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, having just checked Facebook, thank you all for the birthday and good luck messages!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday Oaktrees! :cake: And good luck everyone who has interviews this week!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by blahhh)
    Anyone have their RVC interviews today? Saw some nervous looking people! :p:
    I was there. :woo:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    Wow, your A level grades are impressive. I thought they'd be interviewing those with lower once to give them more chance. But there's loads of other factors they take into consideration as well, I know.

Its wierd, they rejected me from the main course, then offered me an interview for the gateway, I thought too with my grades, not that I'm complaining, but its wierd.

ReputationRep:
    good luck with the lincoln interviews tommorow and others if there are any

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.