The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

2 Dr. be
Hey, how come u'v withdrawn from the RVC if u dnt mind me asking??

coz hes afriad of getting rejected, but prefered the other 3! :rolleyes: I say hes an idiot!
I was trying to find the answer on last years thread but got slightly fed up so throught id ask haha

Does Nottingham make all its offers over the phone or do some get sent by letter/email/track etc?
Reply 2182
tommygunsvet
was it really?!?! haha thanks! :biggrin:

im so sorry, had no idea! yeh i hope it did too, i didn't do overly well on the welfare bit, hope the rest went ok though!!

just been to a lavaley little pub with josh, he's going to his interview with a pint down him...lols!

still can't believe how friendly everyone is round here!! its crazy!

Yep. Sorry I didn't stop and chat, we were in a lecture break and I had people I needed to catch up with.
No worries, I didn't expect you to. Made me giggle, to be honest, you seemed so surprised.

Which pub?
Reply 2183
tommygunsvet
was it really?!?! haha thanks! :biggrin:

im so sorry, had no idea! yeh i hope it did too, i didn't do overly well on the welfare bit, hope the rest went ok though!!

just been to a lavaley little pub with josh, he's going to his interview with a pint down him...lols!

still can't believe how friendly everyone is round here!! its crazy!

Are you still going to firm Glasgow? Or has Liverpool persuaded you otherwise?
Reply 2184
Caraghk123
Yeap.
I'm already at rvc hehe. I'm a third yer vetsci. :woo:

Ooo wow!! Well I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get in...we all know RVC is the best :p:
Reply 2185
Nicole89
Ooo wow!! Well I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get in...we all know RVC is the best :p:

This is what the vets I work with were trying to convince me :p: Nice bit of blackmail today: "I won't let you inject this dog unless you say that RVC is the best vet school ever!" The newest vet there graduated from RVC last year, she's lovely. She was rejected and then they phoned her on results day and offered her a place. There's another RVC vet (she graduated about three years ago) there who actually didn't get any interviews except Cambridge and on results day RVC phoned her up and invited her to a last minute interview at the end of August and gave her an offer! Seems very odd. She asked them to defer, though, because she'd obviously already planned her gap year and had none-refundable tickets. They were a bit miffed but they let her.

I do like RVC, it's a shame my interview went so badly :frown:
Reply 2186
steph_v
This is what the vets I work with were trying to convince me :p: Nice bit of blackmail today: "I won't let you inject this dog unless you say that RVC is the best vet school ever!" The newest vet there graduated from RVC last year, she's lovely. She was rejected and then they phoned her on results day and offered her a place. There's another RVC vet (she graduated about three years ago) there who actually didn't get any interviews except Cambridge and on results day RVC phoned her up and invited her to a last minute interview at the end of August and gave her an offer! Seems very odd. She asked them to defer, though, because she'd obviously already planned her gap year and had none-refundable tickets. They were a bit miffed but they let her.

I do like RVC, it's a shame my interview went so badly :frown:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the RVC.. was amazing.. just hope i did enough to get in :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 2187
2 Dr. be
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the RVC.. was amazing.. just hope i did enough to get in :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

How do you think your interview went? And I'm pretty sure you'll get an offer, you seem to be pretty good at interviews!
Reply 2188
steph_v
How do you think your interview went? And I'm pretty sure you'll get an offer, you seem to be pretty good at interviews!

To be honest i'm really not sure how it went.. every1 on here seems to have joked and laughed with their interviewers and i certainly didnt! Seemed quite serious.. and v ethical... i had learned so much clinical stuff and didnt get to talk bout it lol fortunately i have nottingham to fall back on but if i got RVC it would def. be my no. one choice.

If you got bristol, Liverpool and RVC, Which would be ur top two?

Edit: (Theoretically!!!)
Reply 2189
2 Dr. be
To be honest i'm really not sure how it went.. every1 on here seems to have joked and laughed with their interviewers and i certainly didnt! Seemed quite serious.. and v ethical... i had learned so much clinical stuff and didnt get to talk bout it lol fortunately i have nottingham to fall back on but if i got RVC it would def. be my no. one choice.

If you got bristol, Liverpool and RVC, Which would be ur top two?

Mine weren't very jokey, definitely more serious.

Well, first of all, I will definitely not get Bristol, Liverpool AND RVC. I will actually run around my school naked if I do, I promise :p: Either that or die of shock. Seriously, it will just not happen. :rolleyes: But, Liverpool is my favourite but I don't know how I'd choose between Bristol and RVC. I really like RVC, I love London and I love the HH campus, it's gorgeous and so modern and the facilities are wonderful. It's also really welcoming and I just love it. The only downside is the expense of living in London and the male:female ratio. I like guys, okay. I get on much better with guys that girls, and whenever I've been to HH I can just see girls, haha, I only saw a handful of guys there at both my interview and the open day. However, that is obviously not a very strong reason to dislike it, and I'm sure I'd get over it, and it is a similar situation everywhere.

I really like the city of Bristol. I visit at least once a month because my boyfriend is there and I completely adore it. However, it doesn't have the wow factor of RVC and I know the vets I work with don't think very highly of Bristol graduates. I still really like it and there's a lovely personal feel to it. It's also a great distance from home (3 or 4 hours), so it's far enough to be independent, but close enough to get home if there's a real emergency or something. I just don't know how much of my judgement is clouded by the fact that my boyfriend is there. Obviously I'd love to put an end to the long distance aspect of our relationship but, at the end of the day, my education is more important and that will always come first. We can cope with a long distance relationship just fine, I'm trying not to let that influence any decision.

So, I'd probably prefer RVC, but the other thing about RVC is that I'd have to get AAA, which doesn't seem very likely at the moment. Basically, I'd love to go to any of the three, just wherever will accept me :p: I want them to tell me something, good or bad, I'm going crazy waiting :eek3:
Reply 2190
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
coz hes afriad of getting rejected, but prefered the other 3! :rolleyes: I say hes an idiot!

The real reason tommy withdrew from rvc is because if he got rejected he wouldn't be able to slag it off when he goes off to Glas:p: Now he can say "oh Glas is so much better then rvc i withdrew from there because it wasn't a patch on it :cool: " but if he got rejected we could just say he disliked it because he got rejected. He is a crafty one:wink:
Anyway RVC is a great place in my opinion so ignore tommy and if you are waiting for you interview ignore steph as well, my interview was nice at the rvc it is just a mixed bag.
Reply 2191
steph_v
Mine weren't very jokey, definitely more serious.

Well, first of all, I will definitely not get Bristol, Liverpool AND RVC. I will actually run around my school naked if I do, I promise :p: Either that or die of shock. Seriously, it will just not happen. :rolleyes: But, Liverpool is my favourite but I don't know how I'd choose between Bristol and RVC. I really like RVC, I love London and I love the HH campus, it's gorgeous and so modern and the facilities are wonderful. It's also really welcoming and I just love it. The only downside is the expense of living in London and the male:female ratio. I like guys, okay. I get on much better with guys that girls, and whenever I've been to HH I can just see girls, haha, I only saw a handful of guys there at both my interview and the open day. However, that is obviously not a very strong reason to dislike it, and I'm sure I'd get over it, and it is a similar situation everywhere.

I really like the city of Bristol. I visit at least once a month because my boyfriend is there and I completely adore it. However, it doesn't have the wow factor of RVC and I know the vets I work with don't think very highly of Bristol graduates. I still really like it and there's a lovely personal feel to it. It's also a great distance from home (3 or 4 hours), so it's far enough to be independent, but close enough to get home if there's a real emergency or something. I just don't know how much of my judgement is clouded by the fact that my boyfriend is there. Obviously I'd love to put an end to the long distance aspect of our relationship but, at the end of the day, my education is more important and that will always come first. We can cope with a long distance relationship just fine, I'm trying not to let that influence any decision.

So, I'd probably prefer RVC, but the other thing about RVC is that I'd have to get AAA, which doesn't seem very likely at the moment. Basically, I'd love to go to any of the three, just wherever will accept me :p: I want them to tell me something, good or bad, I'm going crazy waiting :eek3:

Aw i'm relieved ur interview was serious too.. I actualy thought my interview was quite tough compared to Notts and Bristol.. but maybe thats just me...

LOL bout you running round ur school naked.. i'm sure ur bf would love that !! Funny that you mentioned the boy girl ratio at the RVC, i was sat in the waiting room/cafe and thinking the same thing.. hardly any guys.. but surely they do try to balance the ratios..

I get the same bristol vibe from vets i speak to.. they always say that RVC grads are the most employable out of all the uni's.. and i'v heard really mixed things about notts. Some vets say its going to be the best and others say the complete opposite! I wish there was some independent organisation that could give you the inside scoop on the unis and tell you which uni's are going to be rated highest in the future ( i have a feeling that following the refurb. Bristol will be top in the country!!)
Northern
The real reason tommy withdrew from rvc is because if he got rejected he wouldn't be able to slag it off when he goes off to Glas:p: Now he can say "oh Glas is so much better then rvc i withdrew from there because it wasn't a patch on it :cool: " but if he got rejected we could just say he disliked it because he got rejected. He is a crafty one:wink:
Anyway RVC is a great place in my opinion so ignore tommy and if you are waiting for you interview ignore steph as well, my interview was nice at the rvc it is just a mixed bag.

lol poor tom! i did the same thing you know! withdrew before they could reject me hahahah
Northern

they rejected me because of my BMAT ppl on this forum seem to really love it, and nobody has really said anythign bad about it exept the sex ratio and london is expensive! I wish I got an interview there :rolleyes:

just got an e-mail off my mum :o: both my grand-parents (weird calling them that, nain a taid :biggrin: ) are asking about me so I have to send them an e-mial/post card...
and dad was TB testing the other day, and a cow lifted the crush up and was runnign around the yard stuck in the crush! I would have loved to be the vet!! lols think we'll be all clear though, we don't buy in and nobody in the area has it :smile:
hannah_vet
lol poor tom! i did the same thing you know! withdrew before they could reject me hahahah

difference is you firmed glasgow :p: hehe
Reply 2195
Northern

Where is your favourite by the way? Would you choose Glasgow over RVC or Liverpool?

2 Dr. be
Aw i'm relieved ur interview was serious too.. I actualy thought my interview was quite tough compared to Notts and Bristol.. but maybe thats just me...

LOL bout you running round ur school naked.. i'm sure ur bf would love that !! Funny that you mentioned the boy girl ratio at the RVC, i was sat in the waiting room/cafe and thinking the same thing.. hardly any guys.. but surely they do try to balance the ratios..

I get the same bristol vibe from vets i speak to.. they always say that RVC grads are the most employable out of all the uni's.. and i'v heard really mixed things about notts. Some vets say its going to be the best and others say the complete opposite! I wish there was some independent organisation that could give you the inside scoop on the unis and tell you which uni's are going to be rated highest in the future ( i have a feeling that following the refurb. Bristol will be top in the country!!)

At the end of the day, wherever anyone of us go, we are all going to love it and probably find work reasonably easily afterwards. We can only make decisions based on factors/variables at the time of receiving an offer. We can't know which vet school will have the best reputation in 5/6 years time, we can just choose the one that appeals to us the most. To be honest, most people aren't in a position to pick and choose, and I am very envious of those in that position :p:
Reply 2196
steph_v
. To be honest, most people aren't in a position to pick and choose, and I am very envious of those in that position :p:

Yer i appreciate that..

I have a feeling you will have a choice be4 long too (though i knw u dnt think u will!)
Reply 2197
steph_v
Where is your favourite by the way? Would you choose Glasgow over RVC or Liverpool?

I don't know tbh i really like them all and they are all on pretty even positions in my mind atm. Trying to look at the negative side of things. Liverpool has slipped slightly in my liking over the past few weeks as i don't think much of their admission or interview process and i think it would be a bit too close to home, i really thought all the people were really friendly and there was very much a community feel though. However i also have one or two things which put me off Glas and RVC which have been there from the beginning so.
Chances are i will get at least one more rejection if not two which will make the decision a lot easier. Anyway who wants to go the RVC full of girls most of whom are blonde according to hannah that really put me off:p:
I've decided I could never go to rvc because of this HH business. I live in a town called haywards Heath so we all call it HH and it would be way too confusing :biggrin:
My biggest RVC downsides - I can't really count cost as Cambridge is my favourite, which adds another year worth of debt - would be the sex ratio and also the total vettyness. That sounds a bit strange, but I'm not sure how much I'd like living with vets and essentially spending all my time with vets. I think I'd prefer to have a mixture of friends doing vet, and friends doing totally different courses. That was you're not all stressed over exams at the same time, and you have people with an outside perspective on the whole thing, which allows you to put all the vet stuff aside sometimes and just chill. Its sort of the same same as the boy/girl thing; at other universities you're with other subjects, which evens it out. Most of my close friends are girls, but I prefer to overall have a mixed group. Just seems a lot more normal, and less bitchy :p:
That said, RVC was always my second favourite. :smile:

Latest