Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I would just like to point out this didn't actually affect my choices :p: Actually, I never really did the whole pros/cons thing, I just had a feel for where I liked once I'd visited.
    Lol I wasn't aiming it at you, but it just seemed a lot of people were counting it as a major factor, which it really isnt :p:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Brunettes are where it's at :yep:
    :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I meant, of course, "brunettes and Blahhhbecca are where it's at"

Can I make it up to you with a tempting offer of a sea life centre? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    I meant, of course, "brunettes and Blahhhbecca are where it's at"

Can I make it up to you with a tempting offer of a sea life centre? :p:
    :sadnod: :sadnod: maybe

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham interviews are so fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    Nottingham interviews are so fun!
    :woo:
    Sounds like it went good then. :p:
    Did you have anyone from lincoln interviewing you? do you know who it was?

ReputationRep:
    Less than 4 weeks til the end of the month =0 then all this will be over!!

ReputationRep:
    Rach, its your Ed interview today isn't it??? Good Luck!!!! I've finished lambin now which i'm so sad about cos now it means i start my waitressing/chambermaiding job full time!! But i id get an email from a vet in new zealand yesterday saying i couldsee practise with him, and he also runs a sheep stud farm so can help with winter feeding Results day one week today, I'm completely bricking it!!! This rellya is it now! Congrats on the offers guys

ReputationRep:
    hey, has any 1's track updated for notts. yet??

ReputationRep:
    Rightyho, I tried to stay away until I knew what was happeneing with bristol for me, but that clearly failed!

It was alright, I have no idea how it went overall, felt I answered some questions well, others maybe not so well. If I get straight rejected I will be disappointed, but LM said in the talk they rejected 1000 people w/o interview this year, so I'm really pleased to have got this far! And it is useful practice for repplying next year. No phone call yet though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Rightyho, I tried to stay away until I knew what was happeneing with bristol for me, but that clearly failed!

It was alright, I have no idea how it went overall, felt I answered some questions well, others maybe not so well. If I get straight rejected I will be disappointed, but LM said in the talk they rejected 1000 people w/o interview this year, so I'm really pleased to have got this far! And it is useful practice for repplying next year. No phone call yet though

Sounds like you did good! Check ur junk e-mails too

ReputationRep:

Fingers Crossed :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool interview yesterday.
    Suprisingly really enjoyed it! God I'm a geek. I kinda got an advantage by getting to talk to the Vet student first and have a drink at the rest station, she totally put me at ease and gave me a bit of advice for the interviews.
    They were all nice, some were just better at trying to make you feel uncomfortable. haha
    And the bloke I talked to about what different careers vets can go into was listening to the girl on the station next to me the whole time. Bit rude!

Anybody else do theirs at 3pm yesterday?? I think I was the only one on their own. Looooner...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    Liverpool interview yesterday.
    Suprisingly really enjoyed it! God I'm a geek. I kinda got an advantage by getting to talk to the Vet student first and have a drink at the rest station, she totally put me at ease and gave me a bit of advice for the interviews.
    They were all nice, some were just better at trying to make you feel uncomfortable. haha
    And the bloke I talked to about what different careers vets can go into was listening to the girl on the station next to me the whole time. Bit rude!

Anybody else do theirs at 3pm yesterday?? I think I was the only one on their own. Looooner...
    haha i was like that last week :p: everyone else in my interview group seemed to have parents with them so i started talking to some of the first years instead
    and dont worry i thought liverpool was fun too!!! o god its only been a week and im getting impatient already!

anyone know where i can get cheap travel insurance that covers horseriding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*starlight*conquest*~)
    Anyone else find the Liverpool Interview really hard?? Everyone was super friendly except one lady who kept talking about suicide o.O' I absolutely LOVE Vivien Jump, she's so friendly and her accent is awesome!
    haha yeah, she was strange. I was saying that the vet suicide rate is twice that of doctors and 4 times that of the general population. And she was trying to argue the opposing point, that why are doctors less stressed than vets.
    And I said that euthanasia side of it, and she was like 'no, I don't think so'. haha
    I bet they get sick of trying to disagree with everything anyone says.

What time were you there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    haha i was like that last week :p: everyone else in my interview group seemed to have parents with them so i started talking to some of the first years instead
    and dont worry i thought liverpool was fun too!!! o god its only been a week and im getting impatient already!

anyone know where i can get cheap travel insurance that covers horseriding?
    Have you tried through your bank account? I get five star travel insurance, mobile insurance and car breakdown cover through NatWest.

ReputationRep:
    Had my Nottingham interview yesterday for the pre-lim. The structure of the interview days is fab, very relaxed, everyones really friendly and the place is absolutely amazing I love it so much =) reaaally reaaaallly want to go there so fingers crossed. Im more nervous waiting to hear than I was before I had my interview hahaha =) xx

ReputationRep:

Sounds scary when you hear it like that :eek:, that sure does make you feel really grateful for an interview! Oh and staying away from TSR never works........................... ...it's too addictive :p:

But fingers crossed for you!!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Dummm tired of the wait!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know, it's pretty much impossible to stay away! I just got an email and my heart stopped because I thought it was a UCAS Track update telling me I got rejected from Bristol! But it was just my feedback from Ed, it wasn't all that helpful tbh, I was quite disappointed. I know they must have a zillion requests but it was all fairly generic. No phone call...I don't think I am going to get one now

But thanks for the luck and the rep guys!

ReputationRep:
    yer TSR is my new found addiction.. i bet i'l still be on here in the summer holidays lol!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.