Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Back from my RVC interview today. Hard to say how it went, seemed to be going only quite nicely until they suddenly decided to start with the sciency questions and started asking stuff I hadn't got a clue about and kept pushing for answers.

Will have to just wait and see now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)
    Back from my RVC interview today. Hard to say how it went, seemed to be going only quite nicely until they suddenly decided to start with the sciency questions and started asking stuff I hadn't got a clue about and kept pushing for answers.

Yer - i found that too.. really hard 2 knw if it went well or not- they certainly didnt give much away! Did u like the HH campus? ur a grad right?

ReputationRep:

mine kinda went this way aswell! Nobody seems to know how they did when they come out. They prob just want to see how you react under pressure, in my case its go bright red and stutter HA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Yer - i found that too.. really hard 2 knw if it went well or not- they certainly didnt give much away! Did u like the HH campus? ur a grad right?
    Yep, I'm a grad. HH was lovely...really liked it

From what people have said on here the grad interviews sound like they are quite a grilling, and very pushy. So I'm hoping it wasn't too bad that I was sat there like :eek: for chunks of it not having a clue what the person was talking about! 30 minutes actually seemed to go surprisingly quickly. And I was pleased with myself, I remembered to breath whilst talking, I have a tendency when I am nervous to start talking quickly and run out of breath and look like a fish gulping for air!

And having a swingy chair to sit on was cruel...I had to resist the temptation to swing round and round in circles whilst talking!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm a grad. HH was lovely...really liked it

From what people have said on here the grad interviews sound like they are quite a grilling, and very pushy. So I'm hoping it wasn't too bad that I was sat there like :eek: for chunks of it not having a clue what the person was talking about! 30 minutes actually seemed to go surprisingly quickly. And I was pleased with myself, I remembered to breath whilst talking, I have a tendency when I am nervous to start talking quickly and run out of breath and look like a fish gulping for air!

And having a swingy chair to sit on was cruel...I had to resist the temptation to swing round and round in circles whilst talking!
    yer i think ur right, the grad interviews are prob designed to really push each candidate to test their boundaries.. oh and i always talk so fast when i'm nervous 2 and i find it hard to finish sentences.. lol so i sometimes just go onnnn and onnnn ..

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys get the impression when they were trying to catch you out (more than they have at other interviews)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    Did you guys get the impression when they were trying to catch you out (more than they have at other interviews)?
    Some just felt like really pushing for more information, I would say something and they would just ask 'why' or 'and...?' and seemed to kep expecting more. There was one point when it felt like one of the interviewers deliberatly got the wrong end of the stick and sort of tried to get me to explain something that I knew was wrong...

Don't get me wrong, they seemed friendly enough, but just quite intense!

ReputationRep:
    I felt like Liv were trying to catch me out all the time! When I got into the car with dad afterwards, he laughed when i told him and said it sounded like they were deliberately trying to get me worked up, it worked!! :P:

ReputationRep:
    A swivel chair at interviews would have meant immediate rejection for me :p: I just swivel them side to side obliviously! I had a hard enough time cutting down my usual excessive hand gesturing and not fiddling with things too much!
    Cambridge gave me a pen and paper to work something out and I chewed it, doodled a bit on the paper, and then came up with the answer :p: When I saw one of my interviewers at the offer day he asked if I was the doodler :o: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    A swivel chair at interviews would have meant immediate rejection for me :p: I just swivel them side to side obliviously! I had a hard enough time cutting down my usual excessive hand gesturing and not fiddling with things too much!
    Cambridge gave me a pen and paper to work something out and I chewed it, doodled a bit on the paper, and then came up with the answer :p: When I saw one of my interviewers at the offer day he asked if I was the doodler :o: :p:
    i cant sit on a swivel chair without swivelling.

and i spent the entirety of both my interviews repeatedly doing up then un-doing the buttons on my shirt cuffs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, it took *a lot* of concentration not to swing to and fro on it. Felt like apologising for my look of intense concentration and blaming the chair!

Glad I RVC don't expect you to do anything with paper and pen - I would have been the same, chewed up pen and doodled paper without even realising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Oh, if I was given a pen in an interview, I would chew it to pieces. I never borrow pens off people because I can't help but chew them. I had a swivel chair at my RVC interview, it was so tempting. I think I probably looked a bit demented because I was trying not to swivel, but every so often I'd just twitch when I realised I was starting to do it subconsciously. I really just want to wipe that interview from my memory permanently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Dummm tired of the wait!

Did I see you anywhere? 8D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    :woo:
    Sounds like it went good then. :p:
    Did you have anyone from lincoln interviewing you? do you know who it was?
    I actually don't remember who was interviewing me. There was this really funny guy and a german lady. I'm not that good with names, so I don't remember what they said when they introduced themselves. But they were soooo cool to talk to! It was quite easy to communicate with them when I think of how nervous I was about my english. xD

Overall I had a lot of fun yesterday (it was really, really cool) and I really hope I did well enough to get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    I actually don't remember who was interviewing me. There was this really funny guy and a german lady. I'm not that good with names, so I don't remember what they said when they introduced themselves. But they were soooo cool to talk to! It was quite easy to communicate with them when I think of how nervous I was about my english. xD

Overall I had a lot of fun yesterday (it was really, really cool) and I really hope I did well enough to get an offer.
    was the lady from lincoln?
    helen zulch perhaps?
    i really enjoyed nottingham aswell last year. didnt like the practical though...thats where i messed up last year.:p:

ReputationRep:
    sorry but the welsh man from bristol is called ISLWYN... :p: no 'ch' or 'i' I do wonder how you guys pronaunce it if you put a 'ch' there lolz

oww and blondes are way better than any other colours, we even have our own set of jokes :p:

7 days dreading it Enor!!!!
    11 days and I get to see my doggs, cats, sheep, cattle, horse, chavbro, mum, dad, and the whole of peris floor 3 at ffriddoedd in Bangor!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Brunettes are where it's at :yep:
    Psh, redheads ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Psh, redheads ftw.
    This :yep:

Saying that, I'm a bit of a traitor because I occasionally dye my hair brown, but it's pretty ginger at the moment :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe born a ginger and proud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Psh, redheads ftw.
    Fine! Fine, fine, fine, fine!

Brunettes, Blahhhbecca and redheads are where it's at! Happy? :p:

It's basically just I prefer other hair colours over blonde.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.