Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im in edinburgh, man i love this place, i went to glasgow yesterday and saw some of the halls and stuff and its pretty cool but as soon as i walked into edinburgh it made me want to come here so baaad.

interview was ok, think it went well, one ladies q's were alot harder than the other lady but overall i think it was okay, not as good as glasgow though :/

no bristol offers yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    was the lady from lincoln?
    helen zulch perhaps?
    i really enjoyed nottingham aswell last year. didnt like the practical though...thats where i messed up last year.:p:
    I'm thinking, thinking, thinking... No, I don't think her name was Zulch. Well... Maybe it was Helen... Well, no, because her second name began with a T... I don't know! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

The practical bit was really fun! :yes: I have no comparison, but I really had fun in it. - this makes me sound like a geek...

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was Ginger, one of my best mates is Ginger and her hair is gorgeous, brown is boring! Saying that I love getting a tan so couldn't cope with the fair skin that comes with being Ginger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    This is what the vets I work with were trying to convince me :p: Nice bit of blackmail today: "I won't let you inject this dog unless you say that RVC is the best vet school ever!" The newest vet there graduated from RVC last year, she's lovely. She was rejected and then they phoned her on results day and offered her a place. There's another RVC vet (she graduated about three years ago) there who actually didn't get any interviews except Cambridge and on results day RVC phoned her up and invited her to a last minute interview at the end of August and gave her an offer! Seems very odd. She asked them to defer, though, because she'd obviously already planned her gap year and had none-refundable tickets. They were a bit miffed but they let her.

I do like RVC, it's a shame my interview went so badly
    Hmmm...yeh bit weird but loads of people get in in really quirky ways...think they quite like re-sitters and re-appliers too since there are alot of us here this year!! Saw loads more at interview today!! Bet you'll all be glad when March 31st comes!!!! Even I'm sick of waiting :P Good Luck guys and Steph...you think you're interview went badly but they migh not have thought that-I thought I was awful and woop woop I'm here now!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    I was wondering exactly the same thing!???!!

Are u writing to her for feedback!?
    Just quoted this old post..

Have you e-mailed Lynda Moore asking if you are a 1/2/3? I still haven't but i'm curious...might do so..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    I'm thinking, thinking, thinking... No, I don't think her name was Zulch. Well... Maybe it was Helen... Well, no, because her second name began with a T... I don't know! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

The practical bit was really fun! :yes: I have no comparison, but I really had fun in it. - this makes me sound like a geek...
    thats real good that you had fun.
    i think ill stop guessing now:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    im in edinburgh, man i love this place, i went to glasgow yesterday and saw some of the halls and stuff and its pretty cool but as soon as i walked into edinburgh it made me want to come here so baaad.

interview was ok, think it went well, one ladies q's were alot harder than the other lady but overall i think it was okay, not as good as glasgow though :/

no bristol offers yet??
    Someone I'm friends with on facebook has got a Bristol offer from yesterday, but she's the only one I've seen. And I bet you'll get a full house this year, Rachel, you'll be spoiled for choice :p:

(Original post by Nicole89)
    Hmmm...yeh bit weird but loads of people get in in really quirky ways...think they quite like re-sitters and re-appliers too since there are alot of us here this year!! Saw loads more at interview today!! Bet you'll all be glad when March 31st comes!!!! Even I'm sick of waiting :P Good Luck guys and Steph...you think you're interview went badly but they migh not have thought that-I thought I was awful and woop woop I'm here now!!! :p:
    EVERYWHERE, except maybe Cambridge, seems to like re-appliers :p:

ReputationRep:
    Brunettes are the best guys...darker hair means you can see less muck too when u spend weeks at a time on a farm :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Someone I'm friends with on facebook has got a Bristol offer from yesterday, but she's the only one I've seen. And I bet you'll get a full house this year, Rachel, you'll be spoiled for choice :p:

EVERYWHERE, except maybe Cambridge, seems to like re-appliers :p:
    Hmmm...I jut got a better vibe from the RVC at my interview (the second time round). I absolutely adored Liverpool with a passion the year before but something changed the second time and I just didn't feel right.

And poop to cambridge :p:

ReputationRep:
    Brunettes are the best guys...darker hair means you can see less muck too when u spend weeks at a time on a farm :P
    I usually have my hood up though :rolleyes:
    but I'm not a peroxide blonde, I've acctually never dyed it, exept I dyed it red when I was 11. :cool:
    Have to agree with Haddie, would not like to have fair skin!
    thik hair is lush though.
    And on guys has to be short like no more than 2", long hair is a no-no!!
    Should stop talking bout hair now :o:

oww we have a deivl lamb, she's like frekay!!
    has red eyes, no puplis just compleatly red....anybody with any explanation to this? coz she would make one hell of a good ewe to take to haloween partys to scare ppl!!
    she's balck as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I usually have my hood up though :rolleyes:
    but I'm not a peroxide blonde, I've acctually never dyed it, exept I dyed it red when I was 11. :cool:
    Have to agree with Haddie, would not like to have fair skin!
    thik hair is lush though.
    And on guys has to be short like no more than 2", long hair is a no-no!!
    Should stop talking bout hair now :o:

oww we have a deivl lamb, she's like frekay!!
    has red eyes, no puplis just compleatly red....anybody with any explanation to this? coz she would make one hell of a good ewe to take to haloween partys to scare ppl!!
    she's balck as well
    Hmmm...I'm not really a hat/hood person...usually just stick with cold ears. Long hair looks nice on some lads...not pony tail long...no longer than nape of neck!! Better than skin heads!! :rolleyes:

LOL I think that would be pretty scary...you turning up with a EWE at a haloween party...can't really explain all the red though...something to bring up at interviews maybe after a bit of research???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    I wish I was Ginger, one of my best mates is Ginger and her hair is gorgeous, brown is boring! Saying that I love getting a tan so couldn't cope with the fair skin that comes with being Ginger!
    Haha fair skin is a bother. I did some stable work one summer and I swear I almost melted, it was unbearable. It was in Scotland too so it wouldn't have been that hot! Worth it to be a ginger though. :P

EDIT: Rachhyyyy who did you have btw? Just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...I'm not really a hat/hood person...usually just stick with cold ears. Long hair looks nice on some lads...not pony tail long...no longer than nape of neck!! Better than skin heads!! :rolleyes:

LOL I think that would be pretty scary...you turning up with a EWE at a haloween party...can't really explain all the red though...something to bring up at interviews maybe after a bit of research???
    yeah agree no pony tail, and not really a skin head either!

that would acctaully be hillerious, but I don't think she'll survive,and she's probablly blind.. I'll have to take a pic of her later, just to proove that I'm not a psycho!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Haha fair skin is a bother. I did some stable work one summer and I swear I almost melted, it was unbearable. It was in Scotland too so it wouldn't have been that hot! Worth it to be a ginger though. :P

did you go on the open days in glasgow and Ed 2 days after each other in June 08 by any chance? and was wearing an uniform?
    It's a long shooot but I sat next to a red head, and she was scotish, very short and I saw her at both open days! LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)

My skin isn't TOO fair, so I'm okay. I mean, I don't tan that well and I usually burn if I wear SPF 15-20. I'm not like bright ginger, which would be more interesting. I'm going to Egypt soon, though, definitely going to burn.

ReputationRep:
    yeah agree no pony tail, and not really a skin head either!

that would acctaully be hillerious, but I don't think she'll survive,and she's probablly blind.. I'll have to take a pic of her later, just to proove that I'm not a psycho!!

You're not a psycho lambs can be weird...we had one afew years ago..we delivered it...and it had perfect back legs, a perfect body and front legs, neck and two perfectly formed ears on top of its neck with a head nowhere in site...it didn't even look like there was a cut or lesion or anything...literally just ended with 2 ears and no head...that was bizarre!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Just quoted this old post..

Have you e-mailed Lynda Moore asking if you are a 1/2/3? I still haven't but i'm curious...might do so..
    My sister (whos on hold) e-mailed for feedback yesterday but she hasn't heard anything yet. And I have thick curly brown hair, its can be soo annoying as it always goes frizzy and takes ages to straighten! :p:

ReputationRep:
    did you go on the open days in glasgow and Ed 2 days after each other in June 08 by any chance? and was wearing an uniform?
    It's a long shooot but I sat next to a red head, and she was scotish, very short and I saw her at both open days! LOL
    Haha nope. I went to a Glasgow open day, but that was later I think.
    And I'm not that short (about 5"7). Heehee there are probably quite a few of us around! :woo:
    And I used to be properly bright ginger, it's gone a bit darker now. But I just have really really pale skin naturally, which can be a pain.

Lol maybe I should be learning immunology....meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    thats real good that you had fun.
    i think ill stop guessing now:sigh:
    Yes, I think it'd be a good idea to stop, I'll never remember. I'm better with remembering faces than names.

Sorry to cause you the mental pain though. :P

ReputationRep:
    You're not a psycho lambs can be weird...we had one afew years ago..we delivered it...and it had perfect back legs, a perfect body and front legs, neck and two perfectly formed ears on top of its neck with a head nowhere in site...it didn't even look like there was a cut or lesion or anything...literally just ended with 2 ears and no head...that was bizarre!!
    wow..wierd that it lived inside the sheep! guessig it was dead when born??
    and LDvet, obv not you!! hahahahahaha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.