Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i have quite fair skin, thankfully dont burn badly, dont tan much either though. my brother is like permanently tanned
    Anna, where did you say I have to post to get a temporary ban? I've completely forgotten and I've tried using the search function but with no luck :p:

Edit: Found it. I've requested a temporary ban for two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Anna, where did you say I have to post to get a temporary ban? I've completely forgotten and I've tried using the search function but with no luck :p:

Does this mean i'm going to have to stalk your facebook to find out about your inevitable offers?

Well done on the offer, see you in October (even though i just said this on facebook) :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)

Nooooooo steph dnt go! What will we do without you ?!?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kookabura)
    Yeh, it took *a lot* of concentration not to swing to and fro on it. Felt like apologising for my look of intense concentration and blaming the chair!

Glad I RVC don't expect you to do anything with paper and pen - I would have been the same, chewed up pen and doodled paper without even realising!
    I got a swingy chair too. I actually lost concentration during the 'So how was your journey' question, as I was staring at it in dismay!

ReputationRep:
    Steph don't go!!! Seriously, I have every faith that you will get an offer. If I managed to get one, and I thought my interview was appalling, although I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to admit it, you can definately get one too!!!

Thank you everyone, I am ecstatic! Thank you for the congrats messages on FB as well After 3 rejections this feels amazing. So yep, Bristol is my favourite because it's my only offer! But I loved it anyway. My best friend got an offer from there for Geog today too although she has a Durham offer so I suspect she will firm that. I was right there with one of the vets when I found out as well, it was amazing.

I was really impressed by Bristol actually, and the lengths they are going to to improve the facilities. Hopefully by the time we get there in a few years it will be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Bristol Offer AAB!!!!!!!!!

Long saga! I didn't actually get to talk to LM myself, she called me three times this evening but I was at the vets so I didn't pick up! So in the end she called the house phone and spoke to my parents. It was the best thing ever though, because I could tell my vets whilst I was there!!!!

Guys, I'm going to vet school!!!!!! :woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :woo:

Now I'm going to go back and read over what I missed!
    OMG well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! So so so pleased for you :yes: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Byeeeee. I don't know how long it takes to start working. But can Rachel or Becky or Beth or anyone message me on facebook if anything particularly exciting happens? If being banned keeps me relatively sane, I might make it a permanent thing.

ReputationRep:
    Naww, Steph, we're going to miss you. Will you promise to come back and tell us any news after the 2 weeks?
    (Not that we won't find out on FB, but whatever :p:)
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooo you can't leave the world of TSR!!! But good luck all the same :o: you WILL get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    By the way, if I delete any of you on Facebook, don't take it personally, I just can't do it anymore. Saying that, pretty much all of you have offers now, so it wouldn't many much difference.

ReputationRep:
    Nooo don't delete us on FB as well!!!

I want to change my sig but TSR won't let me

ReputationRep:
    Are you on the my preferences bit???

ReputationRep:
    this is sad
    I could do with a divorce off TSR as well....

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyy, how does everyone think the Notts interview went on Wed? I really enjoyed the day and they made me feel really comfortable! Guess you can never tell what they are thinking, so who knows!?
    I was in the dark blue group...... the realllly tall guy haha x

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, Im fairly new to the forum and wondering how u all make your posts look funky and have the thing at the bottom with the uni courses uve applied for and where ur at with it help please =) hahahaha feel well silly having to ask but Ive looked everywhere and dont quite get it yet lol =) x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Bristol Offer AAB!!!!!!!!!

Long saga! I didn't actually get to talk to LM myself, she called me three times this evening but I was at the vets so I didn't pick up! So in the end she called the house phone and spoke to my parents. It was the best thing ever though, because I could tell my vets whilst I was there!!!!

Guys, I'm going to vet school!!!!!! :woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :woo:

Now I'm going to go back and read over what I missed!
    Congratulations! I knew you could do it oaktrees!!! Yay ^____^ !
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Can anyone tell me any 'pros' of greyhound racing?

I'm trying to learn a bit about the ethics of greyhound racing, and I really can't see any pros. XD Have been googling for literature for a while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    Hey everyone, Im fairly new to the forum and wondering how u all make your posts look funky and have the thing at the bottom with the uni courses uve applied for and where ur at with it help please =) hahahaha feel well silly having to ask but Ive looked everywhere and dont quite get it yet lol =) x
    my account -> preferences -> edit signature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    Can anyone tell me any 'pros' of greyhound racing?

I'm trying to learn a bit about the ethics of greyhound racing, and I really can't see any pros. XD Have been googling for literature for a while!
    fun. greyhounds love racing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    fun. greyhounds love racing.
    Yeah.
    They were born nd bred for it. o.o
    That's all I can think of though!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.