Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    my account -> preferences -> edit signature
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the offer Oaktrees! So happy for you :woo:

(Original post by starfall)
    anyone know where i can get cheap travel insurance that covers horseriding?
    Not sure about travel insurance but I know you can get rider insurance through various companies, or if you're a member of the BHS/PC etc That way might work out cheaper, not sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    Can anyone tell me any 'pros' of greyhound racing?

I'm trying to learn a bit about the ethics of greyhound racing, and I really can't see any pros. XD Have been googling for literature for a while!
    got this at liv...couldnt think of anything against it...exept for the fact dogs are put down if they get hurt/gambing problems!!!

ReputationRep:
    i was asked it at liv, said i had a lurcher, them my next interviewer asked me about my dog cos she overheard!

ReputationRep:
    i was asked it at liv, said i had a lurcher, them my next interviewer asked me about my dog cos she overheard!
    do you hunt with him? my mate has a lurcher, he uses it to catch hair's mostly, not sure if he uses it for tracking badgers??
    did you get it at the piccs one? I just had no idea waht to say... didnt think to mention about the gray hound our school bus met everyday on the way to skool, coz he'd run 4 miles up the road everymorning, and run in front of the bus at like 30mph, was so funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    wow..wierd that it lived inside the sheep! guessig it was dead when born??
    and LDvet, obv not you!! hahahahahaha
    Yeh its weird but it must've suffocated as soon as it was born...since it would've been getting oxygen from mother but not able to take first breath...pretty horrific tbh...although it might not have had a brain so that might've made a difference...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Fine! Fine, fine, fine, fine!

Brunettes, Blahhhbecca and redheads are where it's at! Happy? :p:

It's basically just I prefer other hair colours over blonde.
    Oh yes

...this trip to the sealife centre better happen one day :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicole89)
    Yeh its weird but it must've suffocated as soon as it was born...since it would've been getting oxygen from mother but not able to take first breath...pretty horrific tbh...although it might not have had a brain so that might've made a difference...
    haha I acctually didn't think about the fact he had no mouth to breath!!! :o:
    lambed another frak earlier, like a cross sex, we call them Will-Jills, like half male half female....
    end of my shift for tonight anyway...bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    do you hunt with him? my mate has a lurcher, he uses it to catch hair's mostly, not sure if he uses it for tracking badgers??
    did you get it at the piccs one? I just had no idea waht to say... didnt think to mention about the gray hound our school bus met everyday on the way to skool, coz he'd run 4 miles up the road everymorning, and run in front of the bus at like 30mph, was so funny.
    no we dont use him for hunting, i didnt even know people did that! he would be so good at it though.

at the pics one i was just talking for ages, they basically just asked me what i thought of the pictures so i just went through them, they didnt really ask me much.

that is some impressive running :eek: must have worried the bus driver though, i'd be terrified of hitting it.

ReputationRep:
    no we dont use him for hunting, i didnt even know people did that! he would be so good at it though.

at the pics one i was just talking for ages, they basically just asked me what i thought of the pictures so i just went through them, they didnt really ask me much.

that is some impressive running :eek: must have worried the bus driver though, i'd be terrified of hitting it.
    that was the top speed he hit, didn't go for the whole 4miles...lol, he asked me what is the ethics behind this photo?.. didnt go well, but I talked a lot more sense on the animl testing one.
    Tb all clear at home
    I am acctaully going to go to bed now..

ReputationRep:
    WAHOOOOO OAKTREEEEEEES!!! that is amazing!!!! no re-applying for you :p: lol

edinburgh was alright, im not overly confident, it wasnt as good as glasgow but better than bristol so i dunno, guess it depends how everyone elses went i had 2 ladies, both quite old, grey hair, there was one who took the tour around, she was a microbiologist (i think) and she was very chatty and nice and i liked her Q's, the other one was wearing make up and she was more quiet, asked me a few sneaky not that nice questions but hey i reckon i will hear fairly quickly as its so late in the process

i also want to bristol to HURRY UP!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    do edinburgh tell you by EUCLID or email or letter or UCAS?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    do edinburgh tell you by EUCLID or email or letter or UCAS?????
    my ucas updated on the monday with my offer the i got the "track updated" email the next day and my euclid updated on the tuesday evening!
    i was too scared to look coz i just had a wierd feeling that something on my ucas had changed... and i was right!!! :yes:

and :woo: congrats on the offer oaktrees!!!! im soooo happy for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Maybe you saw me, I was in the dark blue group.
    I was in the light blue group, it was the G group. I had an orange coat. Rings a bell? 8D

How did you find the whole thing?

ReputationRep:
    so your interview was a friday and u got the offer on the monday??? Arghhhhhhhh mad track checking for me today and monday and tuesday then hahahahaa

first night shift lambing tonight :woo: im excited, the novelty will soon wear off after 5 weeks of it though haha

EDIT: your interview was on a tuesday.. arghh maybe it wont be til the end of next week then :/

ReputationRep:
    Would one of them happen to be Claire Phillips? She's really nice, she's taken over this year from Susan Rhind for interviewing people I think (I had Susan for my interview). She has short, grey hair so I guess that might be who you're talking about.
    So you went on the tour of Easter Bush? How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Would one of them happen to be Claire Phillips? She's really nice, she's taken over this year from Susan Rhind for interviewing people I think (I had Susan for my interview). She has short, grey hair so I guess that might be who you're talking about.
    So you went on the tour of Easter Bush? How did you find it?
    yes yes she was called claire, does that mean she does EVERY interview?? cuz i think that wud be really good because if u have llots fo different people interviewing its hard to get the interviews at a similar level :rolleyes:

i didnt actually go on the tour because i went to the open day in september and the tour was 3 hours before my interview, i LOVE edinbuirgh, i love easterbush, i just love it, i get a funny feeling when im there, its just great :woo: lets just keep my fingers crossed for an offer :o:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think she'll do quite a lot of them, but certainly not all of them. She's really nice as I said, she's given us a lecture or two and she's appeared in some of our dissections (I think she might have done some of the anatomy oral exams as well).
    Ah righty, fair enough. I arrived at about 9am and my interview was at 3:30pm haha. So I went on the tour and loved it to pieces!
    Fingers crossed!
    Was the other one called Cali by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    i really dont no i was quite nervous and didnt really take in the names!!!
    yeh they were both nice, it was very informal and chatty, not as jokey and laighy as glasgow but i think thats because we were talking about ringwomb and massaging a sheeps cervix and he was talking about using electric toothbrushes and vibrators lol. oh that interview was so funny!! i'd do it over and over again!

awww appying to vet school is so much fun, im gona miss it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.
    Hehe I can't say I had such a nice experience with Glasgow (2 of the interviewers were nice, and there was one lecturer guy who was really trying to trip me up and generally seemed quite harsh). But it's all about your own personal experience!
    Trust me, the lecturers are bloomin' hilarious once you get here.
    We have at least 2 Facebook appreciation societies for lecturers, full of quotes and everything. They are legendary!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.