Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Fair enough.
    Hehe I can't say I had such a nice experience with Glasgow (2 of the interviewers were nice, and there was one lecturer guy who was really trying to trip me up and generally seemed quite harsh). But it's all about your own personal experience!
    Trust me, the lecturers are bloomin' hilarious once you get here.
    We have at least 2 Facebook appreciation societies for lecturers, full of quotes and everything. They are legendary!
    arghh yeeh definatly, every interviews different, yesterday at edinburgh i was there a fair bit before my interview so i saw 4 people come out, first 1 came out so so happy and was saying how nice it was, next girl comes out and sed yeh it was nice but she didnt seem overly pleased, next girl came out, walked in grabbed her coat and walked out saying it was awful, ( i then start to panic) next girl comes out smiling and very happy and confident, and this was all exactly the same interviewers....

oooooo i keep checking track, a girl from the FB group had her interview on wednesday and got an offer yesterday... ARGHHH

ReputationRep:
    Och I wan a scotish interview, they are way more cool..haha
    and I agree that it is much more fair if everybody has the same interviewers, thats why I like the Liv set up,a nd I'm sure Glasgow and Ed have mostly the same ones, but then again it means they interview a lot less ppl!!

vibrators with sheep LOL, we acctualy had to rip one the other day, so yeah they might start selling them at the vets soon!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading up on dangerous dogs act. Whats everyones opinion on the following: A vet called upon to destroy an unmuzzled pit bull terrier (law states they must be muzzled) that has not commited an offence.

ReputationRep:
    Wahooo thanks Rach and Chloe!!! I am so excited. I love Ed so I really want you to get in there Rachy! But I also really liked Bristol so I am really pleased with my offer :woo:

All my teachers are really excited for me!

ReputationRep:
    Oh Steph, I'm really sad that you've gone

Well done Oaktrees I'm very excited for you!!

6 days Beth!!! :aah:

ReputationRep:
    ooooo exam results

wahoooooooo oaktrees, u firmed it all ready????

ReputationRep:
    Need fingers crossing people!
    Horse has had to go into the vets with impaction colic, and they're not sure if they'll have to operate or what's caused it (as impaction may be secondary to something else)

ReputationRep:
    i just got told itd cost me £90 to send a parcel to uganda :shock: wtfff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Need fingers crossing people!
    Horse has had to go into the vets with impaction colic, and they're not sure if they'll have to operate or what's caused it (as impaction may be secondary to something else)
    :s hope he's ok sarah

ReputationRep:
    on hold for Bristol...
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    I was in the light blue group, it was the G group. I had an orange coat. Rings a bell? 8D

How did you find the whole thing?
    Nope sorry. And I found it quite good .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Nope sorry. And I found it quite good .
    I'm still surprised they offered you an interview for the gateway, I know someone who's at the vet school now and got an offer for the 5year course but was also offered a place for the 6year one, the pre-vet one.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool rejection

ReputationRep:
    Nicola well done!!! That is a really good sign! Especially this late on when LM said in the talk that she wasn't putting that many people on hold!

Sarah- I really hope your horse is ok keeping my fingers crossed.

Rachy - it just came up on track but I will probs firm it on Monday when I have spoken to my Head of 6th form! He likes us to tell him!

Edit: So sorry to hear about the rejection Jo, but you have two other great chances so don't despair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)

Edit: So sorry to hear about the rejection Jo, but you have two other great chances so don't despair!

Yeah...I knew i would get a rejection from them soon as it was too late now for an interview...So wasnt a great surprise...Though my heart was pounding because i was so worried it was going to be a bristol or rvc rejection.
    Pleaseeeee can i have a bristol or rvc offer though!!!!...Only been on hold for a week for brizzle though

Massive well done on your offer! you must be soo pleased!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Steph don't go!!! Seriously, I have every faith that you will get an offer. If I managed to get one, and I thought my interview was appalling, although I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to admit it, you can definitely get one too!!!

Thank you everyone, I am ecstatic! Thank you for the congrats messages on FB as well After 3 rejections this feels amazing. So yep, Bristol is my favourite because it's my only offer! But I loved it anyway. My best friend got an offer from there for Geog today too although she has a Durham offer so I suspect she will firm that. I was right there with one of the vets when I found out as well, it was amazing.

I was really impressed by Bristol actually, and the lengths they are going to to improve the facilities. Hopefully by the time we get there in a few years it will be amazing!
    Congrats!!! I feel the 09 vetty war dance coming on... :woo: :woo: :woo: !!!!! Yeh and hopefully they will have upped their game by time you get there (are u gapping?) so you shouldn't have anything to worry about accredetation-wise!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostwithoutyou)
    I'm reading up on dangerous dogs act. Whats everyones opinion on the following: A vet called upon to destroy an unmuzzled pit bull terrier (law states they must be muzzled) that has not commited an offence.
    I wouldn't do it...I'd just put a muzzle on it. You don't kill a man for not insuring his car...which you have to do law. How stupid....

Sad thing is...if I didn't do it someone else probably would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicole89)
    I wouldn't do it...I'd just put a muzzle on it. You don't kill a man for not insuring his car...which you have to do law. How stupid....

Sad thing is...if I didn't do it someone else probably would
    I think thats what I'd advise the owner to do, keep it muzzled. But then I expect it would be vets fault if it then went on to attack someone.

ReputationRep:
    ****. **** **** ****!
    Not good news, vet found a lump (about the size of a grapefruit) that his intestine had twisted round - could have been a lipoma or something cancerous. He wasn't responding to painkillers; still thrashing about when up to the eyeballs with morphine, heart rate sky high, temp unstable, had to be under sedation for his own safety... So had to make the decision to put Bronson to sleep
    It wouldn't have been fair to operate - to remove the lump, a section of gut and untwist it would've killed him. And he was probably bleeding internally as his bloods were dropping... If he had have come round it wouldn't have been fair to put him through around 6 months of box rest; he wouldn't have coped with that
    Can not quite believe it - everything just happened so quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    ****. **** **** ****!
    Not good news, vet found a lump (about the size of a grapefruit) that his intestine had twisted round - could have been a lipoma or something cancerous. He wasn't responding to painkillers; still thrashing about when up to the eyeballs with morphine, heart rate sky high, temp unstable, had to be under sedation for his own safety... So had to make the decision to put Bronson to sleep
    It wouldn't have been fair to operate - to remove the lump, a section of gut and untwist it would've killed him. And he was probably bleeding internally as his bloods were dropping... If he had have come round it wouldn't have been fair to put him through around 6 months of box rest; he wouldn't have coped with that
    Can not quite believe it - everything just happened so quickly.
    o god sarah im so so so sorry thats terrible i guess at least you knew it was the right decision no matter how hard it was, hope your ok :hugs:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.