Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    I would tell you to resist the temptation but you would probably still email LM

When I was lambing I realised you can steer sheep from about 500 yards away just using your arms...made me laugh :rolleyes: they're remote control cars.....secretly :ninja: :driver:
    whatt?? you need to come to our farm..seriously!!
    If I told my dad you compared a sheep with a remote control car, he'd laugh for dayyyyyyssss!!!
    when we heard our in we usually have 4 ppl and 13 dogs!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    whatt?? you need to come to our farm..seriously!!
    If I told my dad you compared a sheep with a remote control car, he'd laugh for dayyyyyyssss!!!
    when we heard our in we usually have 4 ppl and 13 dogs!!
    I meant just a ewe and it's lambs :p: we used 2 dogs and 4 ppl for hearding. One of the dogs had it's paw tucked into it's collar...not sure why :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Done my student finance application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    :woo: Done my student finance application
    The father can't find his proof of earnings that I need to submit. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    I meant just a ewe and it's lambs :p: we used 2 dogs and 4 ppl for hearding. One of the dogs had it's paw tucked into it's collar...not sure why :rolleyes:
    haha makes a bit more sense, but still you get a few little buggers who decide to bolt back. I acctaully though you were on about walking through a field waving your hands and the sheep goes exactly where she suppose to...lols
    you live ona farm?

ReputationRep:
    Student finance is on my list of this afternoons jobs! I've applied for work on a farm in New Zealand with 2000 sheep and 900 cattle Exciting times!! This is the good bit of having a gap year!!

Rach, I so don't envy that 8-3 shift!! I did a 10-3 shift, only for 3 nights to help out the farmer as he was unwell (how unfortunate is that in the middle of lambing!!!) and I was completely completely shattered!!! Other than that I mostly started at 8 in the morning and went on till dinner time, but a couple of days i started early/finished late depending.... I'm so sad I finished on tuesday I love lambing soooo much, even though sheep can be the most annoyoing things in the world sometimes!! I especially wish I was still there as since wednesday the weather has been sooo beautiful
    Josh, I want Liv to get a move on too!!!! :P:

ReputationRep:
    i might be going lambing in the orkney islands! with their famous seaweed eating sheep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enor)
    Student finance is on my list of this afternoons jobs! I've applied for work on a farm in New Zealand with 2000 sheep and 900 cattle Exciting times!! This is the good bit of having a gap year!!

Rach, I so don't envy that 8-3 shift!! I did a 10-3 shift, only for 3 nights to help out the farmer as he was unwell (how unfortunate is that in the middle of lambing!!!) and I was completely completely shattered!!! Other than that I mostly started at 8 in the morning and went on till dinner time, but a couple of days i started early/finished late depending.... I'm so sad I finished on tuesday I love lambing soooo much, even though sheep can be the most annoyoing things in the world sometimes!! I especially wish I was still there as since wednesday the weather has been sooo beautiful
    Josh, I want Liv to get a move on too!!!! :P:
    I want to go to NZ I love the mawriiiss, but be prepared they farm totally different over there, v.rarely call the vet out, they usually deal with things themselves involving the shot gun!
    I finish my job in 7 days, I will miss it, but I am really really homesick at the same time :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    The father can't find his proof of earnings that I need to submit. Bah.
    Ouch, that must be a pain. Hope he finds it.

ReputationRep:
    haaaa im doing these night shifts 6 days a week, ill be in right party mode afterwards though because ill be used to staying up late and having nice lie ins plus ill have money :woo:

i cant fill out student finance either, everytime i try and fill out the next bit theres a section i cant do :/ sooooooooo anoying!

ReputationRep:
    a feral cat scratched me on the face today when i tried to pick it up.
    ..i bled

ReputationRep:
    jeesh i don't go on for 2 days and theres like a gazzilion posts!!

I need to go into school on wednesday and talk about finance n all that jazz.

Told the farmer yesterday that im leaving on 31st March, went much better than i thought actually :p: means I can start doing some other stuff in my gap year. Tempted to go lambing over April/May, anyone know anywhere, I wouldn't be looking for moneyy either, as long as I got a bed and some food :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommygunsvet)

Told the farmer yesterday that im leaving on 31st March, went much better than i thought actually :p: means I can start doing some other stuff in my gap year. Tempted to go lambing over April/May, anyone know anywhere, I wouldn't be looking for moneyy either, as long as I got a bed and some food :p:
    theres a cool farm called the folly farm, u'll fit in straight away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommygunsvet)

i have the email address for a sheep farm in the orkney islands is you want that.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here applied for the pre-lim at Bristol coz I still haven't heard from them. Dont think Ive even got an interview, its so late in the process now hmmm =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    Has anyone here applied for the pre-lim at Bristol coz I still haven't heard from them. Dont think Ive even got an interview, its so late in the process now hmmm =/
    Give them a ring, Im sure they could at least give you a rough idea of when you will hear. I know the last date for bristol d100 interviews is 17th march, But i dont know about the prelim. Is bristol your no 1 choice?

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the Bristol offer a few pages back
    Found this interesting quote from the rvc undergrad admissions section from their twitter:
    UCAS applicants: had an interview for BVetMed or Gateway? Remember the majority of decisions won't be sent until *end* of March (via Track)
    To me this looks like some RVC offers may come out before the end of the month...... ah what fun checking track again 3 times a day. Oh and we also know which way we will get our decision by track so no postie stalking is required:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i might be going lambing in the orkney islands! with their famous seaweed eating sheep.
    Ooh, sounds cool!
    This year I'm off to Yorkshire for my lambing (2 weeks). Never been lambing before so I'm very excited (plus I want to see Yorkshire hehe).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    Well done on the Bristol offer a few pages back
    Found this interesting quote from the rvc undergrad admissions section from their twitter:
    UCAS applicants: had an interview for BVetMed or Gateway? Remember the majority of decisions won't be sent until *end* of March (via Track)
    To me this looks like some RVC offers may come out before the end of the month...... ah what fun checking track again 3 times a day. Oh and we also know which way we will get our decision by track so no postie stalking is required:p:
    Oh joy :rolleyes:
    Do your Track not email you if it updates? I've only been on Track about 5 times, and mostly to check that that "Conditional" was still there :p: Wish Notts would get a move on though. If RVC updates before they do I'll be withdrawing so I can firm Cam, and I wouldn't want to deny them the chance to reject me properly :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Oh joy :rolleyes:
    Do your Track not email you if it updates? I've only been on Track about 5 times, and mostly to check that that "Conditional" was still there :p: Wish Notts would get a move on though. If RVC updates before they do I'll be withdrawing so I can firm Cam, and I wouldn't want to deny them the chance to reject me properly :p:
    sometimes the email from track takes a couple of days to come through even if ur track has updated!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.