Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The Bristol offer was mine, so thanks!

Track emails you if it updates yep, but sometimes some people have found that they checked Track, found it had changed, and then got the email about it the next day.

I seriously need help with student finance, I can't do it at all, the whole thing is so confusing!

Also Orkney is beautiful, I am so envious of you getting to go lambing there. I don't like as much as I like Shetland, which is even more stunning, colder and has even more sheep, but Orkney is nice too

ReputationRep:
    im tyring to apply for student finance but i cant! you have to know the start date of ur course for next year but currently that depends on if i go to liv or ed grrrrr i wanted to be all orgainsed and get it sorted!

ReputationRep:
    student finance they JOY. this time next yr we will all be in our overdraft :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Recipe_-_Toast
    made me lol
    who the hell needs a recipe for toast?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Oh joy :rolleyes:
    Do your Track not email you if it updates? I've only been on Track about 5 times, and mostly to check that that "Conditional" was still there :p: Wish Notts would get a move on though. If RVC updates before they do I'll be withdrawing so I can firm Cam, and I wouldn't want to deny them the chance to reject me properly :p:
    Well it does send me an email but it comes through a couple of hours or even days after track has updated. Are you putting rvc as your insurance if you get an offer or just firming camb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    made me lol
    lol
    push down the bread pushing down mechanism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    made me lol
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ok im sure im not the only one but basically...
    i've been looking at the student fiinance stuff and im only eligible for the smallest amount of maintenance loan which is like £3564 i think
    but accomodation at both ed and liv isnt far off that amount! i dont get any grants of anything and im not sure my parents can help me out but it means i wont have any money for living costs like food!
    how am i ment to make it work?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, accommodation here is about £3500 for self-catered so it's not far off. I know a few people with little part time jobs but the situation isn't ideal. See, I got bursaries from the SAAS because my mum is unemployed, v low income etc so I'm not sure if I can be of much help.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I get a very big maintenance allowance either, and accomm. at Bristol is EXPENSIVE to say the least :thumbsdown:

So yeah, no idea what I am going to do either. Hopefully school will help me out and give me some advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    I don't think I get a very big maintenance allowance either, and accomm. at Bristol is EXPENSIVE to say the least :thumbsdown:

So yeah, no idea what I am going to do either. Hopefully school will help me out and give me some advice!
    yeh i mite go and visit school and ask for their advice coz theres gotta be a way to make ends meet
    i know i could get a job but i dont want it to affect my studies wen im at uni too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    Well it does send me an email but it comes through a couple of hours or even days after track has updated. Are you putting rvc as your insurance if you get an offer or just firming camb?
    I'd insurance it, if by some miracle I get an offer it'd be AAA, so that'd give me some grade-leeway.

:lol: at the toast recipe

For student finance you use the details of where you think its most likely that you'll go, then you can change it if you get a better offer or change your mind

I'm not eligible for anything other than the maintenance loan, but Cam accommodation isn't too bad. I haven't fully worked it out but there's a slight chance I might be able to afford to eat Especially given the ban on getting a job in term time, everyone else clearly manages it so I assume it isn't too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Student finance didn't work fo me yesterday, grrrr!! Ad today, I've worked a 6 and a half hour shift already and another 5 hours to go this evenig so there's no way I'm wastig my precious few hours off on hold on the phone to student finance!!

Whi has actually heard from Liv after interview except Rach??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't want to get a job either. I will do if there is absolutely no other option, but I would much rather focus on studying, and then spending free time doing something I actually enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when you start choosing accomodation and if its a first come first served sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight*)
    Does anyone know when you start choosing accomodation and if its a first come first served sort of thing?
    as far as i know you cant actually apply for accomodation until you've firmed a choice on ucas but you can always look at it now and decide where you want to live, thats what ive been doing so I can apply for it as soon as i hear back from liverpool!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh Student Finance, what a joy

I've already got my overdraft through on my student account with HSBC; I'm just trying very, very hard not to see it as "travelling money" for my trip to the States.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Ahhh Student Finance, what a joy

I've already got my overdraft through on my student account with HSBC; I'm just trying very, very hard not to see it as "travelling money" for my trip to the States.
    yeh thats why im not gonna get an overdraft added to my account until i get back from the US otherwise the temptation will be too strong... mmmmmm shopping.... shooooooes... :p:

ReputationRep:
    well guys i'm off lambing, so depending whether we have wifi there or not, be back in april! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight*)
    Pretty sure it depends totally on the uni; I've applied for mine at Cambridge but haven't firmed them on UCAS. They'll let you know when you can

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.