Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    well guys i'm off lambing, so depending whether we have wifi there or not, be back in april! x
    Have fun

ReputationRep:
    soooo,,,i got feedback today from Lynda Moore about my unsuccessful application before interview. it was actually really constructive and helpful.
    as I thought, it was my lack of an explanation as to why I didn't take science a-levels to start with, which i knew it would be so even put that thats where i felt i let myself down in my letter!
    its just such a shame though,,,i know my reasons so well and can talk about them non-stop,,,they just didnt convey in my ps.

i was an on-hold 1 and according to LM "very close to an interview",,,which is frustrating
    sucks as i really really liked bristol

ReputationRep:
    my mam and dad visited me today!!!
    come to the decision that if liv rejects me I'm 100% firming Glasgow!

and starfall it's ike that for everybody, that why savvings come in handy, and then your student loan comes in every term, which you usually use up to pay back the overdraft you go into! So handy having 2 siblings gone through uni allready, I acctually understand the finance side of things, exept, in Wales you can apply for different grants which I cant coz i'll be studying in scot/eng land.

Ha my earlier post has been deleted. I love the mod who keeps following my posts.

ReputationRep:
    Ah Emma that sucks. That must be really frustrating. At least you know exactly what happened though, so if the worst comes to the worst and you end up reapplying (which you won't because you will get into Liv!) you know what to change next year.

Chem coursework is annoying me! I want to finish it for tonight so I can go and watch countryfile but it doesn't want to be finished

ReputationRep:
    Emma we will both go to Liv coz that's where it's all at

wt will you do if you don't get into Liv? (but you will, i'm just curious of what others are thinking of)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    soooo,,,i got feedback today from Lynda Moore about my unsuccessful application before interview. it was actually really constructive and helpful.
    as I thought, it was my lack of an explanation as to why I didn't take science a-levels to start with, which i knew it would be so even put that thats where i felt i let myself down in my letter!
    its just such a shame though,,,i know my reasons so well and can talk about them non-stop,,,they just didnt convey in my ps.

i was an on-hold 1 and according to LM "very close to an interview",,,which is frustrating
    sucks as i really really liked bristol
    Aww Still, its good that they'll give helpful feedback to people they didn't interview. Its obviously frustrating, but its also quite nice to know, I'd imagine. Even if you are beating yourself up over "why couldn't I be that tiny bit better", it tells you how much better you were than some of the rest of us
    I didn't realise they'd do that; I might email and ask, actually.

(Original post by oaktrees)
    Ah Emma that sucks. That must be really frustrating. At least you know exactly what happened though, so if the worst comes to the worst and you end up reapplying (which you won't because you will get into Liv!) you know what to change next year.

Chem coursework is annoying me! I want to finish it for tonight so I can go and watch countryfile but it doesn't want to be finished
    If its any consolation, my chem is also driving me mental I have mocks this week too, so I'm deliberating over last minute photosynthesis/respiration revision or analysing my melting points...so far I've managed to do neither all weekend :p:

Anyone going to be watching Lambing Live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)

Yes This may sound sad, but im quite looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on watching it tonight and seeing what it is like - I think it will either be really good, or a poor, over sanitised look at farming/lambing. Reserving judgement until after seeing the first one tonight

ReputationRep:
    This lambing live is either going to be real good, and show everything that happens, from shooting ewes, rotten lambs, and un-succesfull treatments. Or it's going to be a joke and show only the live lambs and then everybody sees farming as fantastic and not hard working and un predictable! I hate it when people get the wrong idea of how we make a living! :/

ReputationRep:

yehh this is what i thought,,,so if im reapplying i know ill deffo put it in. my dad drafted a huge paragraph about why i decided i wanted to be a vet after taking different a-levels and i was like noooo dont be silly they dont want to hear about that! :rolleyes:

(Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    Emma we will both go to Liv coz that's where it's all at

wt will you do if you don't get into Liv? (but you will, i'm just curious of what others are thinking of)
    awhh being liv vets would be too amazing to even think about! liverpool is definetely wheres its at!

if i dont get in im reapplying next year....would another gap year be out of the question for you???

Aww Still, its good that they'll give helpful feedback to people they didn't interview. Its obviously frustrating, but its also quite nice to know, I'd imagine. Even if you are beating yourself up over "why couldn't I be that tiny bit better", it tells you how much better you were than some of the rest of us
    I didn't realise they'd do that; I might email and ask, actually.

If its any consolation, my chem is also driving me mental I have mocks this week too, so I'm deliberating over last minute photosynthesis/respiration revision or analysing my melting points...so far I've managed to do neither all weekend :p:

yeh its definetely nice to know they were consdering me,,,but at the same time im like daaamnn i wish i could change my ps hahaa.
    i def think you should,,,constructive help is always good,,,even though you already have an offer :p: so therefore wont be reapplying
    im soooooo watching lambing live!! my nan phoned me especially to tell em it was on tonight lol bless her!!

i was lambing again today....the farmer gave me £50.was seriously embarrassed. i dont feel i warrant being paid lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to going lambing next Saturday Even if I am doing stuff Friday night, lambing Saturday, working Sunday and then coming home to find my parents have gone on holiday, it'll be so worth it.
    My cattery insisted on giving my money at the end, I was embarrassed because they'd been so nice to me already, on my birthday they made me a birthday cake, gave me a card and chocolates and let me come in late I'm so going back there, they were the nicest people I've met on work exp.

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching Lambing Live, I'm really looking forward to it. But I agree, it might just be a load of rubbishy mushy nonsense and nothing like real lambing. But then again, countryfile is usually pretty good, so hopefully it will be similar.

And on that note, Chem is done for tonight, tv here I come!

I had mocks last week Claire, and basically did no work for them because I had my interview and it was my birthday. They went quite well considering! Melting points analysis will be very quick once you get started, it is one of my easier methods to analyse!

ReputationRep:

awhh being liv vets would be too amazing to even think about! liverpool is definetely wheres its at!

if i dont get in im reapplying next year....would another gap year be out of the question for you???

yeps. After 2 years out of education it will be way to hard to get back into it, plus maby some will think this is sad but, I need some sort of a life, some on here knows how much of a hill billy I am :p: haha, I need some sort of a social life, and I really really want to go to uni!
    Plus If I go to Glasgow it will mean I'll have time for a job, can still play a lot of hockey and really improve my english!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to going lambing next Saturday Even if I am doing stuff Friday night, lambing Saturday, working Sunday and then coming home to find my parents have gone on holiday, it'll be so worth it.
    My cattery insisted on giving my money at the end, I was embarrassed because they'd been so nice to me already, on my birthday they made me a birthday cake, gave me a card and chocolates and let me come in late I'm so going back there, they were the nicest people I've met on work exp.
    exactly why i was embarrassed. i mean it might just be me who thinks this,,,but THEY were doing me a favour by letting me spend time there...saying i could come back whenever etc...let alone giving me money...i always try and refuse it..but apparently this is more offensive?? (according to my dad).
    my sheep farmer last year gave me money as well....and a bag of potatoes :p: ahaaa

as if they made you a cake and got you a present! they do sound pretty amazing to be fair! xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching Lambing Live, I'm really looking forward to it. But I agree, it might just be a load of rubbishy mushy nonsense and nothing like real lambing. But then again, countryfile is usually pretty good, so hopefully it will be similar.

And on that note, Chem is done for tonight, tv here I come!

I had mocks last week Claire, and basically did no work for them because I had my interview and it was my birthday. They went quite well considering! Melting points analysis will be very quick once you get started, it is one of my easier methods to analyse!
    I see mocks as a chance to not revise and see how much you need to do for the real thing :p: Did you have a good birthday/offer celebration once all the interview stress was over?

Melting points is my last analysis, shouldn't take too long but I just like to put things off as much as possible. :rolleyes: I'm going to be so glad when I've finished the evaluations as well and its all over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    yeps. After 2 years out of education it will be way to hard to get back into it, plus maby some will think this is sad but, I need some sort of a life, some on here knows how much of a hill billy I am :p: haha, I need some sort of a social life, and I really really want to go to uni!
    Plus If I go to Glasgow it will mean I'll have time for a job, can still play a lot of hockey and really improve my english!
    ahhh i see what you mean,,,i think i remember you saying a lot of your friends moved away to uni?? i can understand that then. and yeh im desperate to go too....i see all my friend's pictures on facebook and am just like,,,i want that! NOW!

im kinda lucky though as most of my going out friends and one of my best friends all stayed in brum..in fact hardly anyone moved away. so i can just about tolerate another year here.xxx

ReputationRep:
    exactly why i was embarrassed. i mean it might just be me who thinks this,,,but THEY were doing me a favour by letting me spend time there...saying i could come back whenever etc...let alone giving me money...i always try and refuse it..but apparently this is more offensive?? (according to my dad).
    my sheep farmer last year gave me money as well....and a bag of potatoes :p: ahaaa

as if they made you a cake and got you a present! they do sound pretty amazing to be fair! xx
    This, totally. They didn't seem to understand that they were doing me a huge favour, not the other way around! I try and refuse stuff two/three times, but if it keeps being insisted on at that point I gracefully accept and say thank you about a million times. :p:
    They were quite an old couple, so I think they liked having a young person around :p: It took me ages to convince them to take me, it sounded like they'd had some bad experiences with BTEC animal care people from the local college being late/lazy/rude/not turning up. So I guess my ingrained habit of being early for everything came in handy

ReputationRep:
    haha this reminded me of a time I decided to be the driver off a YFC pub crawl, and went home with a pag of potatos that one of the lads had gotten after working on a farm in the summer, he din't have any cash on him for petrol. haa

and yeah most of the mates are in cardiff, then some in manc, liv, chester, aber, london.. and bangor (but that doesnt count coz it's not a city, and it's not that good :p: )

ReputationRep:

Haha, when i did 2 weeks work experience on a pig farm, the farmers dad (bless him) sent me home with a packet of sausages / burgers most evenings...Really kind of him but i felt embaressed so i made my mum go into their farm shop at the end of my work experience to buy a few things!...They had done me a favour by giving me the work experience!

ReputationRep:
    rather than watching, im gona be lambing, i wish i was gon a be sat in front of the tele, im soooooooo tired, dont quite no how im gona manage to stay up til 3am

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.