Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    My mock interview was hideous. I cried. It was embarrassing. But then I forgot to be nervous at Cambridge, because I had to run from Clare Old Court over to Memorial Court (I'm assuming you know roughly how far this is :p:) in heels, because they'd sent me an email with the wrong room on it :rolleyes: So I arrived in a hurry but having stopped panicking over what I was going to say :p: And then RVC the next week just seemed so much easier having already done it once, it wasn't quite as alien or something. And of course I had Northern to chat to
    Ah that's useless of them. I don't know if it was the same for you, but when I went they said there would be a waiting room so I got there about 25 minutes early so I could sit down and relax...then NO WAITING ROOM! So I just wandered aimlessly around Old Court for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomooo)
    Ah that's useless of them. I don't know if it was the same for you, but when I went they said there would be a waiting room so I got there about 25 minutes early so I could sit down and relax...then NO WAITING ROOM! So I just wandered aimlessly around Old Court for a while.
    Yep, I was waiting outside the waiting room when she came at 8.35 to put the sign up... my interview was meant to be at 8.30, but me and the other guy who were standing there didn't know where else to go. I found out after my first interview that they rang them to let them know I'd be late and that it wasn't my fault Fun times :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Yep, I was waiting outside the waiting room when she came at 8.35 to put the sign up... my interview was meant to be at 8.30, but me and the other guy who were standing there didn't know where else to go. I found out after my first interview that they rang them to let them know I'd be late and that it wasn't my fault Fun times :p:
    At least they let them know it wasn't your fault! I think the nerves were somewhat frozen out of me lol

ReputationRep:
    I was so much less nervous for Bristol than I was for Cambridge, which is weird because I had all this pressure on me because it was my last shot to get in this year. When we were sat in the canteen waiting to be called I was really nervous, and then I walked to Langford House with the other four people in my group and it was so cold I forgot to be nervous! Then they stuck us in this really cold and enormous hallway, and you could hear people through the doors, which was a little weird. But I chatted with some of the people and I was only there for about three minutes and then I got called in.

I feel a bit better about my theory now! Slightly less worried, just need to dig out the DVD and find a book on it and do some practice at school tomorrow. If I fail it it will just be an annoying waste of £30 or however much it costs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Give them a ring, Im sure they could at least give you a rough idea of when you will hear. I know the last date for bristol d100 interviews is 17th march, But i dont know about the prelim. Is bristol your no 1 choice?
    no Nottingham is my first choice for the pre-lim. Im so annoyed its really ignorant. I clearly havent got an interview but wish they wouldnt keep me waiting this late into the process without so much as an email.
    Last time I heard off them was in November =/ yeah will ring them if I havent heard by wednesday. thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    soooo,,,i got feedback today from Lynda Moore about my unsuccessful application before interview. it was actually really constructive and helpful.
    as I thought, it was my lack of an explanation as to why I didn't take science a-levels to start with, which i knew it would be so even put that thats where i felt i let myself down in my letter!
    its just such a shame though,,,i know my reasons so well and can talk about them non-stop,,,they just didnt convey in my ps.

i was an on-hold 1 and according to LM "very close to an interview",,,which is frustrating
    sucks as i really really liked bristol

could you please give me the email address? i really want feedback on bristol, as i will probably be reapplying

ReputationRep:
    So...what did people who watched it think of Lambing Live?

I thought it was pretty good, hopefully they will actually have some that lamb whilst they are filming this week! Also, although it sounds horrible, I sort of hope they have some die/born dead/deformed etc, to show it isn't all nice cute lambs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)

I thought it was pretty good, hopefully they will actually have some that lamb whilst they are filming this week! Also, although it sounds horrible, I sort of hope they have some die/born dead/deformed etc, to show it isn't all nice cute lambs!
    agreed :yes:
    I loled sooo much, you could tell he wanted to swear at that dog when he was hearding the ewes towards the rams haha!
    plus the wife of the farm I'm staying in atm was on it she was the one they handed in the money for the rams too at the builth sale...we were like "OMG it's pip it's pip" haha
    I also found some parts real simple...but that's to be expected since most viewers will have never seen a lamb born before so they must explain everythign in detail!

ReputationRep:
    Yer i agree Claire

(Original post by moomooo)
    Well d oen for getting an interview! Which college? I was shocked when I did get an offer, had pretty much given up when I was pooled lol. Oh that's unfortunate, I think they get easier the more you have, my first mock was just so bad..I cried afterwards lol. I love Nottingham too, for completely different reasons..if I don't get the grades I won't be too disappointed I think. AHH i want exams to be over nowwwwww
    I applied to St. Edmunds.. good thing the interview was in december.. because.. as you say.. it gave me the experience i needed to prepare properly for my other interviews..

ReputationRep:
    Just emailed Liv to ask why i was rejected. On UCAS it says its for insufficient work exp. But i've done 7 weeks work exp at 2 practices...and 35.2 weeks animal husbandry at kennels, cattery, lab, abbatoir, pig / sheep / dairy farms etc. This could be interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)

I know Kate Beaven the lady farmer :cool:
    Saw her on it and was like WHAAAAAT! :p: weird seeing her on tv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    I know Kate Beaven the lady farmer :cool:
    Saw her on it and was like WHAAAAAT! :p: weird seeing her on tv
    Tch, quit name dropping. It'll be the Queen next! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Tch, quit name dropping. It'll be the Queen next! :p:
    Yeeeeeeeees......:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, you said something like this to me about a year ago. Maybe I've just been waiting to throw it back at you

*sighs* such a highly anticipated moment gone wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Pfft, you said something like this to me about a year ago. Maybe I've just been waiting to throw it back at you

*sighs* such a highly anticipated moment gone wrong.
    Lol! I dont remember it :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Just emailed Liv to ask why i was rejected. On UCAS it says its for insufficient work exp. But i've done 7 weeks work exp at 2 practices...and 35.2 weeks animal husbandry at kennels, cattery, lab, abbatoir, pig / sheep / dairy farms etc. This could be interesting

Have you done a week equine work exp? I think that is a requirement..

Also, you should ring them up instead of email. If there is a chance of them giving you an interview - dates have almost run out so you should get to them ASAP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    Have you done a week equine work exp? I think that is a requirement..

I havent done any equine..and a lot less work experience than you... so mabe they made a mistake?? definitely call them !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    I know that one of your veterinary practices has to be a large animal/equine practice.
    I panicked when I received the work experience questionnaire through as I had only done experience in one small animal practice. So I sorted it to start at a large animal practice straight away and they must have let me off as I had done 2 days there by the time I returned the questionnaire.

When you had to do the breakdown on your questionnaire about % of experience in different areas. Did you have a percentage for large animal in practice?

ReputationRep:
    Also, to add to the above. Me being a total idiot wrote Edinburgh university a really mardy email about being rejected on the grounds of academic requirements only to realise that they need Maths or Physics at A-level.
    Very embarrassing when she told me that I hadn't read the prospectus properly. noooooo....
    Totally wasted one of my course applications because I'm an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Sam!! I'm so so so pleased for you, it really did pay off then huh?! Congratulations, you're gonna be a vet!!! And I'm so sorry I mssed it first time, I have been crazy busy with lambing and now work! :woo:
    Really well done Kaby and Soph too
    I've confirmed my milking job in New Zealand So now jus waiting on my beef and sheep

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.