Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enor)
    Sam!! I'm so so so pleased for you, it really did pay off then huh?! Congratulations, you're gonna be a vet!!! And I'm so sorry I mssed it first time, I have been crazy busy with lambing and now work! :woo:
    Really well done Kaby and Soph too
    I've confirmed my milking job in New Zealand So now jus waiting on my beef and sheep
    4 weeks later :p: hehe kidding!!
    I wanna go to NZ big styls, but when it's summer over there, so next xmas maby :rolleyes:

sheep made me cry today B****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    I know that one of your veterinary practices has to be a large animal/equine practice.
    I panicked when I received the work experience questionnaire through as I had only done experience in one small animal practice. So I sorted it to start at a large animal practice straight away and they must have let me off as I had done 2 days there by the time I returned the questionnaire.

When you had to do the breakdown on your questionnaire about % of experience in different areas. Did you have a percentage for large animal in practice?
    Yeah i did have a percentage for large animal in practice...and one of the practices i went to was 100% equine as it was an equine hospital. They havnt replied to my email so might give them a ring in a mo I mean fine if they want to reject me but i just want to know what more work exp they want from me!

ReputationRep:
    They said to email them for feedback...But they wont reply till April....Great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Just emailed Liv to ask why i was rejected. On UCAS it says its for insufficient work exp. But i've done 7 weeks work exp at 2 practices...and 35.2 weeks animal husbandry at kennels, cattery, lab, abbatoir, pig / sheep / dairy farms etc. This could be interesting
    where abouts was this for? and is it for D100 or the pre-lim?

ReputationRep:
    I think we need some more vetty news... get extremly tired of waiting now....

ReputationRep:
    The reason I got rejected from Notts and RVC is "Your application has been unsuccessful" I really couldn't of grasped that from the UCAS status... :rolleyes:

(Original post by FireAndIce)
    I think we need some more vetty news... get extremly tired of waiting now....
    23 days to go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    where abouts was this for? and is it for D100 or the pre-lim?
    Liverpool for D100

& Shedlife, the reason for rejection on my UCAS for liverpool is insufficient work experience in accordance with questionnaire!
    For RVC my rejection is BMAT threshold not met...And nottingham didnt say anything ! Pleaseee bristol or gateway give me a place!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Liverpool for D100

& Shedlife, the reason for rejection on my UCAS for liverpool is insufficient work experience in accordance with questionnaire!
    For RVC my rejection is BMAT threshold not met...And nottingham didnt say anything ! Pleaseee bristol or gateway give me a place!!!!!!!
    Where did you find out that? Did you ask for feedback or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    last year when you clicked on your choice on track, it gave a reason. for RVC wrote BMAT below threashold but no one else put anything.
    so click on your choice on track and see what it says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    When you click on the rvc choice it tells u why u were rejected!...Thats what it said for meee

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering...:rolleyes: Has anyone who was rejected from Nott pre-interview written for feedback? I haven't as of yet, but I am curious to know why I was rejected. I have the same reponse as what someone else wrote further up in thread on my UCAS track when clicking on Nott e-mail -"your application was unsucessful" (great to know that again...) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm back, ish. Getting a temporary ban was pointless, because I could still see the forum :p: I've been pretty good at personally banning myself, though. I won't be as active as I used to be, I'll probably just log on a couple of times a week.

ReputationRep:
    I remember hearing that Notts are loath to give out any feedback at all, even to those interviewed. So I didn't bother :p: That said, I didn't think to email Bristol until Saturday when someone suggested it! Has anyone's Notts rejection (pre interview) come up on Track?

Edit - Hey Steph. Lovely to know you're going to be around at least a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Hello

I'm back, ish. Getting a temporary ban was pointless, because I could still see the forum :p: I've been pretty good at personally banning myself, though. I won't be as active as I used to be, I'll probably just log on a couple of times a week.
    Hi steph Welcome back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I remember hearing that Notts are loath to give out any feedback at all, even to those interviewed. So I didn't bother :p: That said, I didn't think to email Bristol until Saturday when someone suggested it! Has anyone's Notts rejection (pre interview) come up on Track?

My rejection hasn't come up on track, yet. It's very annoying because I know I'm going to freak out when I get an email telling me track has updated, because I'll think it's one of the other universities. My track remains pitifully empty.

ReputationRep:

I think I will wait to here from bristol, and then see if I can get some feedback from Notts. Has Bristol got back to you yet?

I haven't been posting much on here these days...guess I ran out of things to say. :o:

I am currently wondering how we are going to cover all the material in the A2 course by exam time-it just doesn't seem possible. This is going to mean a lot will be left for self study...urrrgh, even more to do...yay...

And no-nothing has come up on track for me either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)

My rejection hasn't come up on track, yet. It's very annoying because I know I'm going to freak out when I get an email telling me track has updated, because I'll think it's one of the other universities. My track remains pitifully empty.
    Wish mine was....
    I have 2 rejection, 2 blanc, and 1 unconditional for a course wich is not vet-med :/

ReputationRep:

Mine hasn't come up on track yet but I've still got till the 17th to transfer to another course cos my rejection was sent later than everyone elses. If I hear from Liverpool before they update it I am going to withdraw because I can't confirm anything until they all update UCAS!

And I don't know how to quote two people at once but Jomc you have a lot more work experience than me and its probably more varied as well so I can't understand why you wouldn't get an interview Do you meet all the other criteria?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    I think I will wait to here from bristol, and then see if I can get some feedback from Notts. Has Bristol got back to you yet?

I haven't been posting much on here these days...guess I ran out of things to say. :o:

I am currently wondering how we are going to cover all the material in the A2 course by exam time-it just doesn't seem possible. This is going to mean a lot will be left for self study...urrrgh, even more to do...yay...

And no-nothing has come up on track for me either.
    Nope, but I emailed on a non-working day and I imagine LM is manically busy at the moment. Meh, doesn't really bother me if/when I get a reply, but I'd like to know. My bet is on lack of LA/LA vet work experience.
    I have nothing to say, so i just spam :p:

I didn't ask to transfer for Notts, I just assumed they'd do track when the deadline for transfer expired. Maybe they'll do them all to once or something :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    hey,

does anyone know how you find out about nottingham offers is it via letter or UCAS?

xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.