Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Nope, but I emailed on a non-working day and I imagine LM is manically busy at the moment. Meh, doesn't really bother me if/when I get a reply, but I'd like to know. My bet is on lack of LA/LA vet work experience.
    I have nothing to say, so i just spam :p:

I didn't ask to transfer for Notts, I just assumed they'd do track when the deadline for transfer expired. Maybe they'll do them all to once or something :dontknow:
    Same here, I didn't see much point in asking for a transfer from Notts. I guess they probably will do them all at once.

How much LA experince have you got? Mine wasn't particularily impressive. It seemed it was all they were interested in asking me about in my interview though.

Anyhows...off to violin lesson I think i'm going to have to give notice that this is the last term I am doing it for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Just wondering...:rolleyes: Has anyone who was rejected from Nott pre-interview written for feedback? I haven't as of yet, but I am curious to know why I was rejected. I have the same reponse as what someone else wrote further up in thread on my UCAS track when clicking on Nott e-mail -"your application was unsucessful" (great to know that again...) :p:
    I'm going to handwrite to all of the unis, Notts included, in April asking how to improve and if they'll accept a reapplication etc. I think it might annoy them if I wrote to them before that as I expect they're pretty busy at the minute.
    Notts transfer deadline has already gone (well, mine has - got offer and been to open day), so I'dve expected them to have updated UCAS already :confused: Maybe they're being slow?

Steph, it was quiet with you gone

ReputationRep:
    Stteeeeeph... welcome back, we missed youuuuuuu

p.s i cnt believe i am saying this.. but i want sooomeee 'rep' lol how pathetic is that!!!

pp.ss Claire.. nice new signature!

ReputationRep:
    welcome back steph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Same here, I didn't see much point in asking for a transfer from Notts. I guess they probably will do them all at once.

How much LA experince have you got? Mine wasn't particularily impressive. It seemed it was all they were interested in asking me about in my interview though.

Anyhows...off to violin lesson I think i'm going to have to give notice that this is the last term I am doing it for.
    Not much :p: 2 weeks on a public farm (5 cows, 4 calves, about 70 sheep, 100 odd chickens, 5 pigs (13 by the end) and far too many people with their children). And a week at a stables.

ReputationRep:
    dum deee dum im bored of waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Stteeeeeph... welcome back, we missed youuuuuuu

p.s i cnt believe i am saying this.. but i want sooomeee 'rep' lol how pathetic is that!!!

pp.ss Claire.. nice new signature!
    Haha, thanks :p: I felt the need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    dum deee dum im bored of waiting
    Me too! I'm going insane

I actually do prefer being on here, and knowing what is going on. Not knowing, even for 6 days was worse :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Me too! I'm going insane

I actually do prefer being on here, and knowing what is going on. Not knowing, even for 6 days was worse :p:

you are insain :cool:

Awwww its actually really not long now, 3 weeks max?! although time seems to be going really slowlyy.....its like everyday is 2 days because im working nightss..

bring on the next night shift, last night i filled all the pens and all the passage ways and everywhere i could, dam things think lambing like crazy between 12 and 2 is funny! i really dont think so!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    you are insain :cool:

Awwww its actually really not long now, 3 weeks max?! although time seems to be going really slowlyy.....its like everyday is 2 days because im working nightss..

bring on the next night shift, last night i filled all the pens and all the passage ways and everywhere i could, dam things think lambing like crazy between 12 and 2 is funny! i really dont think so!!

And that sounds like great fun, hard work, but great fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzywoo)
    hey,

does anyone know how you find out about nottingham offers is it via letter or UCAS?

xx
    Rejections come via post if that helps

ReputationRep:
    :mad: I just sat on my phone, called my friends mum by mistake, and used up all my credit. And I have no money to top up. I hope she doesn't realise it was me, either. Damn you, A**** A***, being at the top of my phone book.

FML. (it always makes me :lol: when people say this :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Yay Steph!!! Welcome back

My Track has 3 unsucessfuls and two conditionals, one for something I don't want to do! But it's the conditional by Bristol that counts :woo: And I keep trying to change my sig but it won't let me!!!! On 'my account' it is all there in the right box, and then I click 'save changes' and for some reason it doesn't come up when I post! Help!!!

Tbh at my Bristol interview one guy talked exclusively about dairy cows, but it was on a topic I find really interesting and can really talk about, so it was fine. Plus I had just done a week on another dairy farm over half term, so I could talk about it loads. And the other interviewer asked more smallies questions, which was good too because that is my main bunch of work ex. So glad there were no equine questions!

ReputationRep:
    I got back from Skiing yesterday. Today I started my w/e at the large cat sanctuary! Spent the morning cutting up meat but in the aftrenoon I played with a lynx!!! And stroked the lions! Ahhhh. Can't wait to go back. :P
    What did I miss when I was away? ANything fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali-Ace)
    I got back from Skiing yesterday. Today I started my w/e at the large cat sanctuary! Spent the morning cutting up meat but in the aftrenoon I played with a lynx!!! And stroked the lions! Ahhhh. Can't wait to go back. :P
    You missed me get a Bristol offer!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali-Ace)
    Wow, that sounds amazing. Where is it? How long are you there for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)

My Track has 3 unsucessfuls and two conditionals, one for something I don't want to do! But it's the conditional by Bristol that counts :woo: And I keep trying to change my sig but it won't let me!!!! On 'my account' it is all there in the right box, and then I click 'save changes' and for some reason it doesn't come up when I post! Help!!!

Tbh at my Bristol interview one guy talked exclusively about dairy cows, but it was on a topic I find really interesting and can really talk about, so it was fine. Plus I had just done a week on another dairy farm over half term, so I could talk about it loads. And the other interviewer asked more smallies questions, which was good too because that is my main bunch of work ex. So glad there were no equine questions!
    Are you sure you click save and not preview? I went to change mine, changed it, thought I'd saved it but hadn't :p: probably only me that's that stupid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)

Practically all of the questions one man asked me were about horses! I think it's because I wrote a lot about them on my ps though! I didn't have any other large or small animal questions, it was all about college and sciency stuff. I think Bristol was good though because everything they asked was based on my ps

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah there we go! Think I have it now!

Yeah I liked my Bristol interview. It was really chatty and jokey, I laughed quite a bit, and I felt like they were exploring my knowledge quite well. I didn't know some of the stuff they asked though!

Ali that work ex sounds so cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Wow, that sounds amazing. Where is it? How long are you there for?
    In this tiny village near my Boyfriend, Called Smarden. It's not public. They try to keep human intervention minimal as they're part of a breeding programme. But they have a Lynx which has been trained and used in films etc so she is so so tame. Literally like a domestic Cat. She's called Petra and is SO adorable. And they have 3 lions, all males, who were hand reared because their mother was ill during their birth and produced no milk. She died when they were young too. So again they're so dependant on humans and get really lonely apparently. So need lots of attention. :P But most of the cats are wild. But it's so amazing to see them. Just so so close. They're all so gorgeous. They have snow leopards too!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.