Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on all the offers :woo: Today is another good day!

Steph, please stop being pessimistic, even if the worst comes to the worst (which is very unlikely!) then there's always next year, and then your three interviews will be good practice. So yeah, be optimistic

Btw, anybody here transfer their Notts application? UCAS still hasn't changed the course code and the admissions people for the course I transferred to haven't been in contact; it's been a fortnight and I know they've already given out some places (my friend has one) :confused: At this rate I won't have any offers at all, even for the non-vet courses!

ReputationRep:
    i have no one to celebrate with
    my friend wanted me to drive up to oxford but theres something wrong with my car's exhaust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i have no one to celebrate with
    my friend wanted me to drive up to oxford but theres something wrong with my car's exhaust
    when i got my glsgow one i felt so emotional i stayed in on my own and cried all night..... what a looser lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    gap years are fun, getting an unconditional is the best thing ever!!
    So so true! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Pendragon)
    Erch i had a guy like that last year. The "stress in the prfession" guy. He was just staring out of the window!! Very off-putting.

He was just staring at me with this blank expression as if he was thinking "Yeah sure.. Next please"

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the offers today
    Just bought an interview outfit...trouble is i bought a grey jacket and a more casual black cardigan / jacket. So now i cant decide which to wear!!??!! Help.

ReputationRep:
    Nice woonnnnsss on brizzle offers....and Anna how the hell did you have the pacient to do it all colourfull?? :p: hehe
    and steph, have you got 4 rejections yet?? nope...plan a GY yeh why not, (but ull only be a bit disapointed when it turns out you can no longer apply to go to Madagascar to look after turtles coz ull be in uni) but seriously, Liv usually send out most offers end of march, they dont want to fill up their spaces before finishing interviewing, instead of sending an on hold letter they leave aeverybody till after the last interview date!

well done hannah and pen dragon as well

ReputationRep:
    With Bristol interview (got my pack today) I have a few questions if you will be kind enough to answer!!! :p:

With the questionaire:

How did you fit all your placements in? (With husbandry I can fit them in if I split each row in half, should I do this?!)

What does it actually want written in the column entitled "farm etc"? Did people just write farm in 4 rows and then tick the animals involved in each one?

Also do we have to sign the declaration thing and take that to interview?

Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    With Bristol interview (got my pack today) I have a few questions if you will be kind enough to answer!!! :p:

With the questionaire:

How did you fit all your placements in? (With husbandry I can fit them in if I split each row in half, should I do this?!)

What does it actually want written in the column entitled "farm etc"? Did people just write farm in 4 rows and then tick the animals involved in each one?

Thank you!!!
    that whole form annoyed the hell out of me so just typed all my placements up on a word doc and just put the name of the place, how long i was there and what sort of animals/type of farm/type of vet practice. seriously that form is impossible and you're not gonna get rejected if you do it your own way!

edit: got the cattery tomo morning then i'm gonna get seriously drunk on sat eve! woohooo!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)

With the questionaire:

Thank you!!!
    I made a grid similar to what they've done and printed it off on a seperate page to fit it all in.

I then wrote the name of the farm or establishment, but made sure it was obvious what it was in the title, e.g 'Nailcote Farm' 'Berkswell Farm' 'Dunton Stables' then wrote the number of weeks spent there in the box relevant to which animals I worked with on each placement, i think they specify they want the number of weeks rather than just ticking them.

I signed the decleration and took it with me just in case, but nooone asked for it. Hope that helps

Also, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY on offers, its been along time since Bristol gave offers out, its exciting to see who my potential class mates may be :woo:

ReputationRep:
    woooo congrats on the offers everyone!!!
    i was actually so happy for you lot that i nearly cried (espesh samz56!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    when i got my glsgow one i felt so emotional i stayed in on my own and cried all night..... what a looser lol
    i'm gonna be stayin gin all night. sent my dad out to get drinks cos i couldnt be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Join the 'Bristol Vets 2010' facebook group,

ReputationRep:
    Finally got an e-mail from Liverpool!~But they mistakenly attached the map instead of the questionnaire to the e-mail

ReputationRep:
    OMG well done on the offers i cant believe that my year at liv is starting to fill up -its all very scary!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    lincoln Gateway Intervieeeeew! Just 2 Days After The Rvc Gateway Intervieeew! This Has Made My Half Teeeerm! 8d

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if bristol want any specific references, like liverpool do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    lincoln Gateway Intervieeeeew! Just 2 Days After The Rvc Gateway Intervieeew! This Has Made My Half Teeeerm! 8d
    ooo when/how did that come through?
    congrats!
    seriously wish i'd applied to rvc gateway rather than lincoln though. massive regret right now :/. ho hum.

gap year here i comeeeeeeee oh well

major congrats on offers by the way!!!!! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    seriously where is oaktrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    seriously where is oaktrees
    I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bristol Interview 3rd March!!!!!

Seriously, this has been the BEST week ever!!!!!

Edit: Just read through the last few pages, I didn't bother before, was too excited! But now I have WELL DONE EVERYONE!! Omg I am too excited to type, I really thought I might just get the one interview this year! Ohhh but I really want to tell my dairy guys that I got an interview and I'm finished there now so I can't!!! But I de-horned some calves today myself, gave local anaesthetic injections and everything!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.