Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Bleugh, I dont get my results till tommorow.
    Dreading it
    good luck and to anyone else who hasn't got their results yet

ReputationRep:
    Congrtulations there are some amazing grades some of you have! congrats to every1, and good luck for those of you getting them tommorow x

ReputationRep:
    Well...............back from RVC - thats all my interviews finished now :eek:

Congrats on the results everyone!! Good stuff!!! And sorry for those who didn't do so well - there's always a chance to resit :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Congratulations and commiserations as required to all results out today.

I'm feeling all fondly nostalgic about exams and results. I expect I'll have a very different a year from now when I'm at uni having harder exams :p:

Haha yes indeed. I used to quite enjoy exam leave actually.
    I'm afraid I won't be quite as nostalgic about these exams, athough some of them have been quite fun (spot exams and orals are good).

ReputationRep:
    Woo congrats to everyone today!

Just got back from my vets, first time I have been in since getting my offer, apart from last Thursday night when I actually got it, and only a couple of them were there. Everyone was really happy for me!

How did you work out what grades you need in the summer Will? I'm confused by UMS and grade boundaries. I know 240/300 is an A at AS, so is that the same for A2? I really want to know what I actually have to get to meet AAB, someone tell me how to work it out!

Edit: Super congrats Enor...see you at Bristol! (If you don't choose Liv of course!)

ReputationRep:
    480/600 for an A grade at A2. One of my friends ended up not actually needing to sit a final module because he'd scored highly enough in the first five to get an A. Crazy.

Bristol is the place to be

(Original post by LDVet)
    Haha yes indeed. I used to quite enjoy exam leave actually.
    I'm afraid I won't be quite as nostalgic about these exams, athough some of them have been quite fun (spot exams and orals are good).
    Ahhhh, so much to look forward to :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    omg I want pigs, and piggletts!!!! I am going to ask for one for my b-day for sure

ReputationRep:
    Pigs are amazing. And piglets are ridiculously cute, more so than lambs.

ReputationRep:
    Results day: has ruined my enjoyment of the Lincoln offer - I printed the print screen of it on UCAS track and then went around school jumping, screaming and showing it to everyone - and they said I wont get in! HA!

An A and a B in chemistry - almost two As, 4% to getting an A with the B. Dx

Biol unit 4 AQA - whole class failed, many Us. I got a D. Only 2 people got As.

One resit in june. Not a tragedy although it is killing my enjoyment of the offer.

ReputationRep:
    whoooooo! its updated now.. i was actualy getting kind of worried!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    Well...............back from RVC - thats all my interviews finished now :eek:

Congrats on the results everyone!! Good stuff!!! And sorry for those who didn't do so well - there's always a chance to resit :yes:

hey . was that for gateway? or d100? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I managed to inject myself today whilst injecting a big load of totally loopy swaledale shearlings. They were jumping around in the race as I was doing them and somehow ended up with about half a dose in my hand. Apparently it will be ok...but it hurts So it now appears I won't be getting any clostridial infections any time soon....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    aw thanks claire, but as i was panicking i signed into track just in case.. and...

EDINBURGH UNCONDITIONAL OFFFERRRRR!!!!!!
    shall i just firm it and screw bristol??????? arghhhhhhh i dont noooo, i no bristols gona be a rejection, i guesss i might aswell wait as its only a few weeks...???? ARGHHHHHHHHHH i could be a **** vet :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! See you in September :woo: xxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Right Im off to watch SKINS and chill out. My nerves can't take anymore of this I need to hear off Nottingham sooooon please. Dont think I can handle another weekend not knowing so tomorrow wud be ideal please hahahaha. Well done to everyone with offers so far and good luck to all you who are still waiting =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Annaconda, thanks for the idea with the tail, I might see about trying that, was going to keep a little but didn't know what to do with it
    There's a company called "Tail End jewellery" or something like that I know someone used. There are a few out there. "Tail End Tributes" and "Horse Hair Jewellery". It's a lovely idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)
    I managed to inject myself today whilst injecting a big load of totally loopy swaledale shearlings. They were jumping around in the race as I was doing them and somehow ended up with about half a dose in my hand. Apparently it will be ok...but it hurts So it now appears I won't be getting any clostridial infections any time soon....
    I stabbed my hand while trying to give an injection lamb once , it was a high dose of vitamins so apparently if any had gone in i would have got seriously high :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampanache)
    I stabbed my hand while trying to give an injection lamb once , it was a high dose of vitamins so apparently if any had gone in i would have got seriously high :P
    I had a vet stab me once with a needle full of propofol!! Luckily no effect, or I wouldn't have been much use for the rest of the day. It did sting tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    (...)
    Just to make sure: are we allowed to do one little resit of a module? I'd like to do a resit of my bio jan exam. I'm not a 100% sure if the 'you're not allowed to resit' rule applies to not being able to resit whole A level or single modules. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do, I just feel like giving up. I probably need to resit ALL of my Chemistry modules and ALL of my maths modules, so I'd be doing (including Biology) 11 exams in June. I can't do that, I physically can't do that, I'd fail everything. So I won't even be happy if I get an offer, especially from RVC, because I'll never meet it. I don't know what to do. I've completely lost all motivation because I worked so hard and I'm still not good enough. If I can't do exams, how would I ever get through vet school? It's so annoying, because I can do it all in class and in mock exams I tend to get around 90%, it's just the exam period I can't deal with. It's not the stress of it as such, but rather negative connotations. This won't make sense to anyone, because it's personal and only Rachel knows what the hell I'm going on about because I randomly poured my heart out to her once :p:

I just feel like a complete failure, coupled with the fact that I am really ill and may have broken my nose this morning. I don't know what to do. I don't want to do anything else, my ambition to be a vet has been the main thing keeping me going after a truly horrific last 4 years. This must sound incredibly pathetic, but I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm sure lots of people felt the same this time last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I don't know what to do, I just feel like giving up. I probably need to resit ALL of my Chemistry modules and ALL of my maths modules, so I'd be doing (including Biology) 11 exams in June. I can't do that, I physically can't do that, I'd fail everything. So I won't even be happy if I get an offer, especially from RVC, because I'll never meet it. I don't know what to do. I've completely lost all motivation because I worked so hard and I'm still not good enough. If I can't do exams, how would I ever get through vet school? It's so annoying, because I can do it all in class and in mock exams I tend to get around 90%, it's just the exam period I can't deal with. It's not the stress of it as such, but rather negative connotations. This won't make sense to anyone, because it's personal and only Rachel knows what the hell I'm going on about because I randomly poured my heart out to her once :p:

I just feel like a complete failure, coupled with the fact that I am really ill and may have broken my nose this morning. I don't know what to do. I don't want to do anything else, my ambition to be a vet has been the main thing keeping me going after a truly horrific last 4 years. This must sound incredibly pathetic, but I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm sure lots of people felt the same this time last year.
    3 years ago I felt exactly the same as you do. I failed my jan exams coz I was havin probs at home before xmas which left me well behind then I ended up having to do 11 exams in the june and failed them again coz I never managed to catch up, but mainly because the college I went to was crap, they offered no support whatsoever, the head woman took me in her office, screamed at me how Id never be a vet and I shud just work in a pharmacy and have pets if I like animals. But that made me fight back and tell myself that Id find a decent college that does support me and one day (no matter how far away that day is) I can go back to that ******* woman and shove my acceptance letter in her face.
    So if you want to get past this, speak to your college tutors Im sure there's someone that would help you. My tutor helped me set out a plan for revision etc to get through everything I needed to last year while I was balancing a BTEC with A level Biology.
    You can do it, you seem so motivated. Dont let this blip drag you down....
    as for the nose :O what did you do? keep your chin up, it'll happen if you want it bad enough =D xxxxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.