Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    steppppppphhhh!!!!!! i reallly really think it could be worth getting a tutor or something? i mean what have u got to loose?? u might aswell if it could help u get the grades, after the **** uve been thorugh, getting into vet school could really change everything around so definatly do not give up on this!

retaking all maths will be fine, all the Core modules overlap and maths isnt HUGE to revise, its more once uve got it uve got it, and its more past papers than tons of notes! but maybe a tutor could help, even if its just an hour a week or something just to help you with the bits yr finding hard?
    and maybe the same with chemistry, get a tutor, not only will u get extra teaching, they may be able to teach you a way you find easier, and if they come to your house you have to do it so you know u wont give up on it and do biology, that hour (or whatever a week) will be dedicated to chemistry

i dont think it shows u cant do exams or that u wont be able to do vet exams, they will interest you so much more, plus Alevel maths stuff and even Alevel Chem stuff isnt very similar to what u will be doing at vet school, that will be much more like biology which u are amazing at

seriously steph dont give up, just be boring for a few months, dont have a social life, just concentrate and focus on yr dream and u will do it, if u start getting yrself down and telling yourself u cant, u wont!!

ReputationRep:
    Steph get a tutor. I'm deadly serious, I got one for Physics because our teaching last year was ****, and then kept him on for help with A2 because I'm terrible. I got an A by two UMS in my AS yesterday, and so I am *hoping* I can scrape through A2 and get a B/A! My tutor is a miracle worker though, heis amazing. I have really good teachers now, but the extra help is really good. It is well worth it. At the end of the day, you will be working for 40 odd years of your life as a vet, so you might as well.

I have everything crossed for you. And if things start looking rubbish, project yourself forward to Malaysia, and then the feeling you WILL get on results day when you get incredible grades, meet your offer and head off to vet school.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm a classical example of a failure Steph! got my re-sits results, and still a B in chem!
    So glasgow here I come, I now know I will never study vet in the UK, grad entry likes A's in Alevels, and A's I do not have!
    I Just have to look at the good point: can play proper hockey at uni, less houers a week, still be involved in **** day and AVS, I get to study in Glasgow for 2 years and Slovakia for 4 (if I get in...but I think I can)
    I cried when I got my results in June, but didn't today, I juse feel empty and gutted! I had prepared for going to Glasgow, but I wanted to go there with an A in chem!
    But I am no way giving up vet med yet!
    So yeah I would get a tutor, the thing I regret most is not gettig one sooner, yes I still didnt get the A but I would have if I'd have been tought proply from the start of A2!
    and seriously, I acctaully don't need to say this coz u lot had awesome results y'day, but work ur arssess off for June, nothings worst than not being able to follow a dream beacuse you havn't done good enough on the academic side (no mater how cheesy that sounds)
    I am the weakest link..good bye TSR..haaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I am the weakest link..good bye TSR..haaa
    Noo beth that sucks , like you said, look at the positives of going to glasgow, and don't give up on vet school, you'll get there in the end, whether its in the UK or not.

And don't leave TSR

ReputationRep:
    .good bye TSR..haaa
    Ah, Beth, don't go Sorry to hear bout your results though, that sucks majorly; but like you say you can still have a good time at Glasgow then do it in Slovakia. That'll make 7 years, right? So it'll only take one year longer than Cambridge/intercalated people anyway.

And Steph; I agree with Oaktrees and Rach, get a tutor. Two of my friends had chemistry tutors last year because they really struggled with it and they got Bs in the end, having been predicted C/D. Its definitely not too late for it to help. You've got this far and you're so determined so don't give up now, if it doesn't all come together this year you can do like Enor (sorry for using you as an example ), resit something if you need to, have a gap year and get an unconditional next year. If I was listing the first time apps on here who deserve it the most, you'd be in my top 3. Its going to be hard but you can do it, and when you get to vet school it will be more interesting and focussed on the stuff that's relevant to being a vet, so it'll be totally different to A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Chemistry tutor. I'm still a failure. One of my Chemistry exams was reasonably good, 2 marks off an A. That was my retake (I got a low C in that exam last year). But I put so much effort into it, I spent hours every day for weeks and weeks doing it. I did every past paper several times each and I still can't get an A. My Chemistry tutor can't understand it, because I get 90+% in most of the past papers I do but when it comes to exams, I can't do it. I don't know what more I can do.

Kirsty, my nose is probably not broken, apparently, but I do keep getting random nose bleeds and I have a very attractive cut across my nose. Plus it's swollen to about twice it's normal size, and it was pretty big to begin with :p: You wouldn't believe me if I told you how I did it, my boyfriend laughed so much. He tried not to, but it is pretty funny.

Beth, can you not resit in June?

ReputationRep:
    I am really sorry steph and beth the exams haven't worked out for you however as people have said above it is not the end just a set back
    Hopefully we will get some more offer news to cheer up TSR a bit, very gloomy atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    I am really sorry steph and beth the exams haven't worked out for you however as people have said above it is not the end just a set back
    Hopefully we will get some more offer news to cheer up TSR a bit, very gloomy atm.
    I second that. Cant concentrate on my open uni work which I reaaaallly need to do, all because I reaally need good news from Nottingham. I really didnt want another weekend without knowing but looks like Ive not got much choice =/ eeeek painful stuff

Stephh as funny as that sounds =) Ive hurt my nose before and its soooo painful, I feel ur pain haha. take lots of pills. my answer to everything all about ibuprofen tbh =) hahaha

heres to us all having good news some time VERY sooon, everything crossed at least =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I've got a Chemistry tutor. I'm still a failure. One of my Chemistry exams was reasonably good, 2 marks off an A. That was my retake (I got a low C in that exam last year). But I put so much effort into it, I spent hours every day for weeks and weeks doing it. I did every past paper several times each and I still can't get an A. My Chemistry tutor can't understand it, because I get 90+% in most of the past papers I do but when it comes to exams, I can't do it. I don't know what more I can do.

Kirsty, my nose is probably not broken, apparently, but I do keep getting random nose bleeds and I have a very attractive cut across my nose. Plus it's swollen to about twice it's normal size, and it was pretty big to begin with :p: You wouldn't believe me if I told you how I did it, my boyfriend laughed so much. He tried not to, but it is pretty funny.

i broke my nose a couple of months ago... i ran into some girl in a club, as in i actually ran straight into her :p:
    i know it must be really hard to stay motivated with all the exam pressure and if ur having a tough time at home and that but just try and remind urself why you want to be a vet and how much it really means to you! its good that youve already got a tutor but maybe you could go to other chemistry teachers at ur school and ask them for help, sometimes a different way of explaining things helps it all to make sense
    and I had the same kinda problem with exams, id do really well on past papers and practice exams but the second it came to the real thing the pressure got too much for me. In the end i resorted to kinda desperate measures, i started going to yoga classes and doing breathin exercises that help you to focus your mind and i even had acupuncture for a while which really helped me to not feel sick before/during exams
    i know it sounds crazy and people will judge me for having acupuncture and that but i was willing to try anything
    we all believe in you steph!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)

nope syllabus has changed last chance was in Jan

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
    Henry David Thoreau

ReputationRep:
    nope syllabus has changed last chance was in Jan

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
    Henry David Thoreau
    you could always phone up liverpool admissions people and beg them to accept ur B in chem.... worth a try maybe
    gutted you missed ur A tho

ReputationRep:
    I'm soooo sorry DF and Steph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    hey . was that for gateway? or d100? :cool:
    d100

ReputationRep:
    Are there still interview dates left at Liv does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enor)
    Are there still interview dates left at Liv does anyone know?
    I very much doubt it :o: only 19 days left till they have to rejected/given out offers to everybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    I very much doubt it :o: only 19 days left till they have to rejected/given out offers to everybody.
    I was just wondering cos was wondering orughly how soon we could start hearing things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enor)
    I was just wondering cos was wondering orughly how soon we could start hearing things...
    I read somewhere we'd start hearing after all the interviews have been done. Which was 9 days ago....so tbh any day now I should think

Fingerrrzzz crossed for an offer :o:

ReputationRep:
    liverppool are still interviewing though!!! i think its grad interviews but all the same they are still interviewing

ReputationRep:
    yeh i would guess theyll wait until the end of march now to let anyone know about rejections or offers, having said that i still check track obssessively lol

ReputationRep:
    just check emails.. they send u an email first anyway, well they did to me then track updated like half an hour later

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.